There are 205 users in the forums

Ahmad Brooks

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ahmad Brooks

Brooks is looking good so far. Hope he continues to improve as the season goes along.
I I guarantee Ahmad Brooks will finish top 3 on the team in sacks.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Finishing 3rd on the team in sacks won't be that hard. All he needs is .5 sacks for the year with out passrush.

Doubtful. The top three will be the guys with the most playing time: Smith, Haralson and Lawson. In that mix should be McDonald.

Brooks is simply not going to play that much. He'll probably finish 5th or 6th on the team in sacks.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Doubtful. The top three will be the guys with the most playing time: Smith, Haralson and Lawson. In that mix should be McDonald.

Brooks is simply not going to play that much. He'll probably finish 5th or 6th on the team in sacks.

Hey MD......still think Hudson will make an impact on the team this year? Respectfully, what makes you think so?
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Hey MD......still think Hudson will make an impact on the team this year? Respectfully, what makes you think so?

Maybe. He's on the bubble with the unexpected signing of Green, which still hasn't been explained. I think Rossum is no longer a guarantee to make the 53 man.

Hudson is a special teams star, but that might not be enough to make the team. We'll see.

While most of the 53 man roster will be easy to predict, something quirky could happen at WR and CB.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 25, 2009 at 8:20 PM ]
Originally posted by backontop:

Finishing 3rd on the team in sacks won't be that hard. All he needs is .5 sacks for the year with out passrush.

thats cold but then again true

I don't doubt it all man. It is certainly a possibility no matter what anyone says. He already will be used more for third down pass rushing needs. I remember reading that somewhere, too.

The bottom line is Brooks, a so called failure by some, has improved enough to become the third pass rushing OLB behind Haralson and Manny. That is a fact no one can deny especially on a Singletary team where he really doesn't play favorites.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, but pass it over here when you're done.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by backontop:

thats cold but then again true
LoL he'll never finish third in sacks. I'm willing to bet a defensive lineman will be top 3 with 2 linebackers and he won't be in that category. All be it I can't really guess how many sacks I'm willing to say our top three will consist of a lineman and two linebackers and it won't be at a half sack.

Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Maybe. He's on the bubble with the unexpected signing of Green, which still hasn't been explained. I think Rossum is no longer a guarantee to make the 53 man.

Hudson is a special teams star, but that might not be enough to make the team. We'll see.

While most of the 53 man roster will be easy to predict, something quirky could happen at WR and CB.

I think that Hudson has played fine when he's had a chance.
Score:

Brooks: 3
MD: 1

No matter what, he's worth the price we are paying for him.
Originally posted by Thrash88:
LoL he'll never finish third in sacks. I'm willing to bet a defensive lineman will be top 3 with 2 linebackers and he won't be in that category. All be it I can't really guess how many sacks I'm willing to say our top three will consist of a lineman and two linebackers and it won't be at a half sack.

Maybe, but in 3-4 the linemen aren't really there to get sacks. Having said that right now I will take them anywhere I can get them!

In theory, Brooks ought to be able to break through and do it for us. I hope!
The first game I saw explosion off the ball from this kid. Still has a lot of technique issues to work on. He gets pushed inside easily on run plays and he needs to learn to use his moves (what ever they may be) to get off the blocker and make the sack.

But that explosion off the ball makes puts him behind the line of scrimmage, which is a good starting point for and OLB. Just like coach said, "its the details" that need to be worked on.

Now if this kid really wants it....he can have it, but its up to him and we all know he is not known for is dedication and desire! We'll see!!!!
does anyone remember the sack he made in college where he jumped over the line as soon as the ball was hiked and got the qb immidiatly before he even landed that was one of the sweetest sacks ever... i think it on youtube id post it but im on my phone
Share 49ersWebzone