There are 190 users in the forums

Who Would You Say Michael Crabtree Compares to in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
crabtree compares to Jason Hill of the Jags.. a 3rd or 4th receiver at best, good for one to two catches a game, and 2-4 drops a game.

u shud prob just delete ur post, it has no merit
Michael Crabtree reminds me of Chris Carter
Crabtree is pretty unique. I guess I'd compare him to Miles Austin. Both have great hands, always catch away from their body, and have YAC ability.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I have no idea.

Can anyone else remember seeing another receiver going all "Spider-man" after the catch like he did before the refs blew the play dead? I've seen Crabtree do that before. It's kinda freakish.

That blown call pissed me off the most in a game full of bad calls, too.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I have no idea.

Can anyone else remember seeing another receiver going all "Spider-man" after the catch like he did before the refs blew the play dead? I've seen Crabtree do that before. It's kinda freakish.

That call was the worst!! He would have picked up major yards on that play. This year he's had an incredible knack for slipping past tacklers.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I have no idea.

Yea that play was ridiculous. Guy never gives up on the play. Both he and Manningham are always trying to fight for that inch.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Michael Crabtree reminds me of Chris Carter

This.
someone who sucks.
Crabs is beastin'
Wow, I barely remember this thread!

Im not sure, hes kind of his own brand of receiver. Makes short catches, breaks tackles with his physicality, shakes people with his agility, amazing hands, great blocker, not that fast but not too slow, good range, very big target. I'd say hes kind of his own entity. Im not trying to over hype him or anything, Im just saying he dosent remind me of anyone. Definitely not a Diva, hes one of the most Physical receivers in the league.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
someone who sucks.

He reminds me of Michael Irving. Not as good, but the same style.
John Taylor. John Taylor had that same cutback and slide sideways move to make the defender(s) miss after the catch also. John seemed to breakaway more though.
In the past I wasnt to high on the kid...but this year he reminds me of Bolden. Really good hands, nothing flashy in the speed and agility department, but tough after the catch picking up quiet yards.
Share 49ersWebzone