LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Who Would You Say Michael Crabtree Compares to in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Head: Randy Moss.

Size/Game: Anquan Boldin.

Now you're just getting silly.

He held out until October to get #7 pick money for being the #10 pick. That's unprecidented in modern times. He missed 8 out of 8 preseason games. Who needs preseason or practice? Not DIVA's. He pouts when Alex is in and doesn't even try hard. He "plays when he wants to play." You can tell when he tries hard and when he just tips the ball into the air for interceptions. He gives up on lots of routes. Like Moss.

He's nothing like Moss. You're just being you and trying to embellish the truth about everything to get a rise out of people so you can in here all day. How you have the energy and desire to argue about everything you do in NT all day, every day, is beyond me. Seems like somebody that thinks they're as smart as you think you are would find something better to do with their time.

He's got a little Randy Moss in him. In the head anyway. Not as fast and not as big. No guy is exactly like another guy. But there are some HEAD CASE DIVA tendencies with this one.

You're doing it again.

You can't make up the stuff he has done. The way he came into the NFL. I haven't seen anything like it in 20 years. The way he doesn't practice or work hard. Vernon Davis wanted to knock him out several times. But Sing prevented him.

You're doing it again.

LOL. And I get annyoed when people say that Crabtree is lazy, or doesn't try hard. He is NOT lazy. You'll see him busting his ass down the field on every big run. Hes a better blocker than Morgan.

He's big time lazy in practice and preseason. VD almost got into a fight with him about it. There is lack of effort there.

Actually, no one knows why VD wanted to punch him. I mean, maybe you know since you seem to know everything, but it wasn't reported as to why they almsot got into a fight.

Because he wasn't practicing or putting the work in. Of course they don't directly tell you that. Would you expect them to?

How do you know he wasn't practicing? I seriously think all you do is pull s**t out of ass alllll day and put it out as truth and facts.

He missed 8 out of 8 preseason games in 2 years.

The first time he held out, so yeah hes s douche for that. The second time he was injured. I'm sure Sing would make his ass play in PS if he knew it was BS.

Well all the wrong routes and tipped balls up into the air could be better if he would give it a few full preseasons to go through all the work.

I can't disagree with that. But to compare him to moss is jsut stupid.
Head: Randy Moss.

Size/Game: Anquan Boldin.

Now you're just getting silly.

He held out until October to get #7 pick money for being the #10 pick. That's unprecidented in modern times. He missed 8 out of 8 preseason games. Who needs preseason or practice? Not DIVA's. He pouts when Alex is in and doesn't even try hard. He "plays when he wants to play." You can tell when he tries hard and when he just tips the ball into the air for interceptions. He gives up on lots of routes. Like Moss.

He's nothing like Moss. You're just being you and trying to embellish the truth about everything to get a rise out of people so you can in here all day. How you have the energy and desire to argue about everything you do in NT all day, every day, is beyond me. Seems like somebody that thinks they're as smart as you think you are would find something better to do with their time.

He's got a little Randy Moss in him. In the head anyway. Not as fast and not as big. No guy is exactly like another guy. But there are some HEAD CASE DIVA tendencies with this one.

You're doing it again.

You can't make up the stuff he has done. The way he came into the NFL. I haven't seen anything like it in 20 years. The way he doesn't practice or work hard. Vernon Davis wanted to knock him out several times. But Sing prevented him.

You're doing it again.

LOL. And I get annyoed when people say that Crabtree is lazy, or doesn't try hard. He is NOT lazy. You'll see him busting his ass down the field on every big run. Hes a better blocker than Morgan.

He's big time lazy in practice and preseason. VD almost got into a fight with him about it. There is lack of effort there.

Actually, no one knows why VD wanted to punch him. I mean, maybe you know since you seem to know everything, but it wasn't reported as to why they almsot got into a fight.

Because he wasn't practicing or putting the work in. Of course they don't directly tell you that. Would you expect them to?

How do you know he wasn't practicing? I seriously think all you do is pull s**t out of ass alllll day and put it out as truth and facts.

He missed 8 out of 8 preseason games in 2 years.

The first time he held out, so yeah hes s douche for that. The second time he was injured. I'm sure Sing would make his ass play in PS if he knew it was BS.

Well all the wrong routes and tipped balls up into the air could be better if he would give it a few full preseasons to go through all the work.

I can't disagree with that. But to compare him to moss is jsut stupid.

I never said he was exactly like that. No guy is exactly some other guy. But there is a little HEAD CASE and DIVA in his personality. How much it will be and how much it will play out over time remains to be seen.
PPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR Mans TO or Breylon Edwards
June 18, 2009 thread??? Fur reel? 18 months? Lemmings following Moderators lol

Crabs = Boldin, Welker, Moss, etc.? Someone's smoking good stuff & feasting on Oreos!!

49er4life, you are delusional, yet boldly persistent.
He's not really similar in stature to any other player in the league. Perhaps Jason Avant, but in style of play, he does much of what Colston does. Use physicality to get separation instead of speed. Colston is not a super speedy guy, but he's a good route-runner. Crabtree is still growing.

People have to understand, he's pretty much right on track for a very young and somewhat immature (in respect to growth into the game) receiver in just his second season, and less than two seasons worth of starts.

Crabtree did a lot of freelancing at Tech, so he's still learning and getting to that point where he can be an elite receiver just because of his knowledge of refinement of his route-running, etc.
until he steps his game up...this

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He's not really similar in stature to any other player in the league. Perhaps Jason Avant, but in style of play, he does much of what Colston does. Use physicality to get separation instead of speed. Colston is not a super speedy guy, but he's a good route-runner. Crabtree is still growing.

People have to understand, he's pretty much right on track for a very young and somewhat immature (in respect to growth into the game) receiver in just his second season, and less than two seasons worth of starts.

Crabtree did a lot of freelancing at Tech, so he's still learning and getting to that point where he can be an elite receiver just because of his knowledge of refinement of his route-running, etc.

OTC you do realize this is ninertalk lol
Jed York cuz they're always droppin the ball.
physically he compares to Anquan Boldin, he just doesnt have his toughness.

its hard to say Crabtree is a bust, because he really hasnt had a consistently productive QB to throw him the ball. doesnt mean his drops, slips, running the wrong routes, and alligator arms are acceptable, but im sure hed look alot different after 2 years in a Colts uniform.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Ill say it again. He has Vernon Davis Syndrome WE DONT USE HIM. If we did use him more and throw him the ball he can be like Welker and Andre combined Big Play Receiver who can get the tough catches with his great hands when they count.

He is not as tough as Boldin but is MUCH MORE elusive than him. Crabtree is going to be very good. He is still young. He came out of college and was arguably the best talent to come out that year after only 2 seasons in college . The talent is there, now he is in the NFL where it comes down to work ethic, coaching, and system. He has the work ethic. The ONLY time he hasn't practiced was when he was hurt so get that he is "lazy" BS out of here.

His WR coach SUCKS. ALWAYS has SUCKED so he is not getting that aspect of what he needs and the system for WR's SUCKS. Once we get an offensive minded HC in here, it will be his 3rd year in the league and he will show exactly why we took him with the 10th overall pick.

For the others that keep stating "all his tipped passes for INT's". He has 3 . One was not all his fault (Chiefs game-miscomminucation between him and Alex) so 2 passes that he took his eyes off (Seahawks game and Cardinals game with Troy at QB). He also has 1 lost fumble in two years and that was in his 2nd game of his career last year. Never ONCE has he lost the ball again. So he is personally responsible for ONLY 4 turnovers out of the 41 turnovers we have had in the 25 games he has played

Crabtree will be just fine!
  • B650
  • Veteran
He reminds me of Brandon Lloyd.
this old thread?
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by B650:

Yes he does in way Loyd ducked a pass like Craptree , but Loyd has great hands and Craptree does not .
Share 49ersWebzone