PRO BOWL CALIBUR PLAYERS
Patrick Willis
Frank Gore
Andy Lee
Marvel Smith
Michael Lewis
Nate Clements
Dre Bly
all those players have been there at least once and have the ablility to go again

the new players that have a legit chance if they show up this season
Justin Smith
Vernon Davis
Joe Staley
Parys Haralson

i would say Morgan and Crabtree but the nfc is loaded with great WR's so it might take a while for them

Brian Jennings perhaps

i still cant believe that Justin Smith hasnt made any pro bowls yet the guy is a consistant player, who has had good numbers every year and doesnt get hurt....i guy he isnt "flashy" enough

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'll go down the list...because it's easy, yet not productive to say only this guy or that guy:

- Smith. I think we'll find out this season if Alex can be an NFL QB. Easy to give him a bust label, but he's had a very rocky road in his young career. So, for now, jury's still out.

- Davis. There's no reason he shouldn't absolutely flourish in Jimmy Raye's offense. This could well be his real breakout season.

- Lawson. Another guy who should have a breakout season. He was poised to have a great 2007 when the injury happened. I think this is it.

- Willis. Tremendous player...what else needs to be said.

- Staley. He's good now..hasn't missed a snap his first two seasons. He should only get better, which is why Mac extended his contract for 6 years.

- Balmer. Expectations were unrealistic his 1st season. DL drafted well ahead of him didn't do much, either. Manusky says he's by far the most improved DL...so, I'm expecting him to really emerge this year.

Agree....and it's become pretty clear this season Alex Smith, once again healthy, is indeed stepping up to the plate, at least in traing camp. Next test will be pre-season games.
Well, here we are. First pre-season game vs Denver tonight!

It's time ALL our 1st round picks show up BIG Time this season and prove to themselves, GM McCloughan and us fans that they can lead by example and are top line players.

As far as Crabtree goes.... i'm afraid that guy is showing he is very immature, and if he ever does sign may be a problem child on the 9ers team.
[ Edited by BigMar on Aug 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM ]
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Davis and Staley I would say are the most likely to get the nod in the next few years.

i think harelson, rachal and morgan will get their respect if the team looks as good as it sounds this year. i dont think were looking at paper tigers anymore, the niners look like the real deal
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Davis and Staley I would say are the most likely to get the nod in the next few years.

i think harelson, rachal and morgan will get their respect if the team looks as good as it sounds this year. i dont think were looking at paper tigers anymore, the niners look like the real deal

How can you tell....they have not even played 1 pre-season game yet.

However, I would love to see our offense stick it to Nolan's defense tonight!
Originally posted by BigMar:
Well, here we are. First pre-season game vs Denver tonight!

It's time ALL our 1st round picks show up BIG Time this season and prove to themselves, GM McCloughan and us fans that they can lead by example and are top line players.

As far as Crabtree goes.... i'm afraid that guy is showing he is very immature, and if he ever does sign may be a problem child on the 9ers team.

Not if coach Singletary has anything to do with it. He'll make him cry and turn him into a perfectly humble gentleman.. or else.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

How can you tell....they have not even played 1 pre-season game yet.

However, I would love to see our offense stick it to Nolan's defense tonight!

because these players looked good last year and a full season under singletary can only make them better. and the niners are due to have a good team
Originally posted by susweel:
Willis and Staley are the only two good players from that bunch. All the rest are busts.

V. Davis was an all-pro alternate last year. Pro-bowl = bust? ....... Really? When you make an all encompassing statement about a player, you should look at the overall team situation that player was playing in. There are 11 guys out there working together. If 2/3/4 of those 11 are weak at their positions, doesn't that have an effect on the other 7/8/9 players who are relying on them to make the play work?

Just saying ........... .........
So you witnessed the first pre-season game vs Denver..... how did our 1st round picks do in your opinion?
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Balmer has the thighs of Dana Stubblefield, now hopefully he'll play like him.

Davis looked really good.

Originally posted by Nuns:

I would rather him play like Bryant Young
Originally posted by backontop:

Frankly, if Balmer becomes a combination of Bryant Young & Dana Stubblefield this season, that is good enough for me!

Frankly, if Balmer becomes a combination of Bryant Young & Dana Stubblefield this season, that is good enough for me!

I would go nuts if he turned out to be a Bryant Young/ Dana Stubblefield type player

I would go nuts if he turned out to be a Bryant Young/ Dana Stubblefield type player

You mean like... lunny tune nuts?
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
I really dont care if its an early or late round guy who makes the pro bowl as long as willis and gore get some help. Lets talk about something a little more important like the depth at ILB

ummmmmmm...... is it just me, or is ILB the one position that everyone actually has confidence witch the exception of Gore. P.Willie and Spikes are one of the best combos in the league, and Willis is the best ILB in the league. Not to mention that Scott McKillop has shown flashes of being a future starter in the league.

Just wondering where your opinion stems from and what evidence do you have to back it up.

But then again, I think thats the problem with 75% of the posters on here.

We post before we think or without thinking just to have something to say. Ive been on here three years, and sadly enough, Im barely over 100 posts but thats just because I dont want to say something thats already been said a billion times in different words.
Share 49ersWebzone