LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Which QB Would You Want to Lead This Team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which QB Would You Want to Lead This Team?

either way i think we've got quality qb's under a new system! with a new head coach with alot of motivation to give! i'd like shaun hill to start just cause he's shown us that he can win games. alot of people have said that he's won over some sorry teams but i look at a Win as a win. alex has a lot of upside if he could stay healthy! as long as our oline takes care of our qb's i'm happy!
  • ZRF80
Whoever voted for Smith is on crack.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

+1
i want smith to lead this team. we drafted him to lead this team and this year he looks to be healthy and getting a fair shot and hes lookin good so why wouldnt it be smith?
  • fan49
  • Veteran

i guess who ever voted for hill is on heroin. Those passes look super slow dont they. No more joking. I voted for smith for 1 reason. If were not gonna go deep in the p's then get an early pick. Hill is a good game manager and leader, yes smith fans even if some was against d's who gave up or sucked. disrequard all that. If we get to the ship i want a man who has a threatning arm and no where near that is hill. that morgan grab- all morgan. im not talkin smack 30 sec left down by 5 i want smith, hill i sincerely doubt could get us to the w in that situ. smith if calm will.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by fan49:

i guess who ever voted for hill is on heroin. Those passes look super slow dont they. No more joking. I voted for smith for 1 reason. If were not gonna go deep in the p's then get an early pick. Hill is a good game manager and leader, yes smith fans even if some was against d's who gave up or sucked. disrequard all that. If we get to the ship i want a man who has a threatning arm and no where near that is hill. that morgan grab- all morgan. im not talkin smack 30 sec left down by 5 i want smith, hill i sincerely doubt could get us to the w in that situ. smith if calm will.

Considering that Hill has practiced with the 2nd/3rd teams each and every year that Smith or JTO spent with the starters..........it's kinda amazing that he put better numbers than either of the 2. Why do you think that is ?
Originally posted by fan49:

Considering that Hill has practiced with the 2nd/3rd teams each and every year that Smith or JTO spent with the starters..........it's kinda amazing that he put better numbers than either of the 2. Why do you think that is ?

*inserts Alexuse #19245*

[ Edited by Afrikan on Jun 14, 2009 at 19:50:06 ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
Shaun Hill because he has my trust now.

Ideally, Alex Smith. Who doesn't want our 1st round pick to pan out?

i agree with you 100% man
Why isn't Tom Brady on the list? He grew up a niner fan and is possibly the best QB ever!
Originally posted by jprchrds:
Why isn't Tom Brady on the list? He grew up a niner fan and is possibly the best QB ever!

BS!!! Montana is the GOAT!!!

but isn't that like saying.... We should rather want to have Rashaun Woods than Josh Morgan.....wanting our 1st round pick to pan out.

or Kwame Harris.....or Jim Drunkenmiller....etc
Right now Shaun Hill.

Smith has looked good in practice, yet practice means nothing. There is no passrush, no real pressure.
Alex Smith is not a leader, so this question is pointless. I can get anyone to hang their head low everytime they make a mistake.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

but isn't that like saying.... We should rather want to have Rashaun Woods than Josh Morgan.....wanting our 1st round pick to pan out.

or Kwame Harris.....or Jim Drunkenmiller....etc

No because Woods wasn't even on the team when we got Morgan, and more than 1 receiver plays at a time so I don't see your point. My point is I want all our picks to pan out.
Even after Smith's strong OTAs Singletary knows there is only one QB on the team with a winning starting record this decade:

Niners coach Mike Singletary said the onus will be on Alex Smith in training camp to unseat Shaun Hill as the starting QB.
http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco
Share 49ersWebzone