There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Crabtree interview

If already posted sorry

[ Edited by DANADA on Jun 3, 2009 at 17:47:55 ]
i like his last statement.

"I'm not the one to talk about myself...I just want to have fun"

Lets see how that goes. Most WRs seem to always want to talk about themselves.
I think his personality is kinda goofy, kind of like McNabb. I don't see where the "cocky" label comes from.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I think his personality is kinda goofy, kind of like McNabb. I don't see where the "cocky" label comes from.

I think he's shy in front of cameras, during the draft and his interviews afterward, he seems kinda awkward. I think he just doesn't feel comfortable in the immediate spotlight. If he was a primadonna and difficult to work with, I can't imagine Mike Leach being so upset at Mangini after what he said. I think this is just a guy who loves playing football but just isn't the most articulate fellow. I'm ok with that.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Well that is the way he was in college, if he stays the same we will be OK.

not cocky but confident which is a trait good to have , i think confidence is so underated .
Every WR has a bit of "diva" attitude to him. I honestly do not see Michael Crabtree being a problem. He seems like a good kid. Even if he does become a problem, we know Coach Singletary won't tolerate it! I'm not worried at all.

Originally posted by cestmoi:

Well that is the way he was in college, if he stays the same we will be OK.

I"m hoping it's more of his plays then his ability to shine in front of the cameras.
Thanks for posting the vid. I can't wait to see him in training camp and making plays on every Sunday, Mondays and thusdays
I haven't seen any interviews where Crabtree comes off as anything other than maybe a bit shy and quiet perhaps. I hope that what he did in college will somehow translate to the NFL cause it's gonna be refreshing to have someone who is quiet but does his talking out on the field.
Kind of reminds me of JR who also like to make sure his uniform was just right. I got a feeling we are looking at offensive rookie of the year.

I think when he is in front of a camera he becomes a big chicken s**t, in a charming kind of way. I don't understand how anyone could consider his cockyness a problem, I do understand how people could put the label on him though. He is confident and proud of himself, for some reason these days people consider that a problem. I don't see the kid beating his wife or getting caught sniffing cocaine in stripclub parking lots.

I don't mind a cocky(confident) player.
I can't wait until he starts lighting it up
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:
Kind of reminds me of JR who also like to make sure his uniform was just right. I got a feeling we are looking at offensive rookie of the year.

That may be stretching it only because his recovery from foot surgery puts a question mark on when he can play at full throttle and get comfortable with the offense. If he's a starter by mid-season, I'll consider it a blessing, unless of course, our other guys are playing so well he doesn't get the chance. Somehow, I doubt our number one pick will sit any longer than absolutely necessary. Earning Rookie of the Year might be tough under those conditions.