LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
My only beef so far with the planning is that the stadium looks scabbed into a spot thats not big enough for it. You can jump off the upper deck and land on the roof of the front office. And the road to the FO has been swallowed up. I hope they figure out how to get some space.

You walk out of the front office doors to a big f'n stadium right in your grill. Wtf is that s**t for planning?

The power station to the south of team HQ is going to be moved to another location. That area will have a private drive and parking lot installed instead. As far as walking out the front door of the HQ and walking straight into your stadium ... where's the downside? Are there any other teams that have a similar situation?

I'm pretty sure Baltimore is like that but can't confirm. They also have Camden Yards right next door and a big mall complex (The Inner Harbor I think its called) across the street and the place where the National Anthem (the fort the British were pummeling with Cannonfire) was written a couple miles away. Nice area actually.

On another note...anyone who where online they are selling the commemorative bricks for the new stadium?
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM ]

Originally posted by area49:
it's already rusting away....cheap chinese materials...just move to LA already

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

lol damn bro..... Next thing will be pics of the upper deck collapsing. I hope that is just poop somebody rubbed on that beam.... lol
Originally posted by BayArea:
lol damn bro..... Next thing will be pics of the upper deck collapsing. I hope that is just poop somebody rubbed on that beam.... lol

The steel hasn't been painted yet. That's a thin coat of sealer, not paint.
Area49 lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I'll just keep buying my Sunday Ticket. Maybe some day I can win the lottery and actually come to a game. By the rich, for the rich...

Where do you live?

Iowa
  • dj43
Originally posted by BayArea:

Those areas will be sandblasted and painted. No damage there.
Am I the only person who'll be weirded out seeing the 49ers play home games in a stadium actually designed for football? Has that ever happened?
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Am I the only person who'll be weirded out seeing the 49ers play home games in a stadium actually designed for football? Has that ever happened?

Yes! It was called Kezar Stadium.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by NavyHawk:

Yes! It was called Kezar Stadium.

He's a seahawk fan. He don't know about kezar. lol

Pics like this always amaze me. The things man can construct when they have a blueprint and a bunch of bodies is incredible. And these stadiums go from a dirt lot to architectural masterpiece in just a couple years.

I think the same things when I see stuff like the Golden Gate Bridge or the Empire State Building. Its amazing what precise mathematical design and building materials can produce.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Pics like this always amaze me. The things man can construct when they have a blueprint and a bunch of bodies is incredible. And these stadiums go from a dirt lot to architectural masterpiece in just a couple years.

I think the same things when I see stuff like the Golden Gate Bridge or the Empire State Building. Its amazing what precise mathematical design and building materials can produce.

when did they start constuction-less than a year ago?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
when did they start constuction-less than a year ago?

Started last April.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

lol you had me there for a minute, I was thinking "Damn, I'm sure I had banned that dude...."
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
What's the deal with that steel beam rusting so fast?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone