Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
pave over great america

/thread

THIS and the damn golf course that sucks anyways

but, but, BUT....its reclaimed LANDFILL!

Don't you understand what that is ?
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Hell yeah! They are making great progress!

Oh snap second level already? Man this thing might have the total shape of the stadium completely done in a month.

The weather is exceptionally good right now. Not too hot for this time of year. That could only be helping them out.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Hell yeah! They are making great progress!

Oh snap second level already? Man this thing might have the total shape of the stadium completely done in a month.

The weather is exceptionally good right now. Not too hot for this time of year. That could only be helping them out.

Hopefully it stays this way for awhile so they can keep making great progress.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
pave over great america

/thread

most of the land surrounding Candlestick/Hunters Point is no better (at or slightly below sea level) yet they built a parking lot there....heck the field itself gets saturated late in afternoon games when the tide comes in
pave over great america

/thread

most of the land surrounding Candlestick/Hunters Point is no better (at or slightly below sea level) yet they built a parking lot there....heck the field itself gets saturated late in afternoon games when the tide comes in

That area used to be the Santa Clara dumP. there still garbage idk how deep still decomposing under ther. They would have to take all of the decomposing trash which is really hazardous make it safe then fill it and stabilize it which can cost tens of millions of dollars

This is why its not an option
i still can't believe the niners getting a billion dollar stadium.

Still in shock.
pave over great america

/thread

That area used to be the Santa Clara dumP. there still garbage idk how deep still decomposing under ther. They would have to take all of the decomposing trash which is really hazardous make it safe then fill it and stabilize it which can cost tens of millions of dollars

This is why its not an option

There's no issue that I know of that would prevent paving over a landfill. It probably has a fairly deep layer of clean fill over the top of it that could easily support paving and parked cars. It might even be preferable.

I posted this in the other stadium thread too, but I think it might be cool to do what the Rose Bowl does. There's a pretty decent golf course borders the stadium but on game days they shut it down and use it for stadium parking/tailgating.

http://www.grouchygolf.com/2005/12/rose-bowl-parking-lot-my-home-course.html
Originally posted by susweel:
Gonna be tough to tailgate with such limited parking.

how? theres more than double parking spaces at santa clara than candelstick...
is it done yet?
Hate to say it, but the stadium looks awkward from the ariel view. I wish we'd get a nice convential bowl stadium like the Giants or Packers. I hope I end up wrong about this.

When it's brimming with fans, nobody will think it's ugly. I like the open air look...the weather's great there, so why not. Besides, it'll have the very best technology Silicon Valley can produce. It looks like every seat will have a great view of the field...and that's what really counts. Go Niners.
Originally posted by Baylor49er:
Hate to say it, but the stadium looks awkward from the ariel view. I wish we'd get a nice convential bowl stadium like the Giants or Packers. I hope I end up wrong about this.

cuz we're the 49ERS!!!

I was thinking the same...I hope they wind tested it somehow when they engineered it or it could be a huge wind tunnel

I seem to be in the minority bit I actually really like the design. I really like the open plazas and the entrance to the stadium. I like the asymmetrical design. It looks different than any other stadium.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 29, 2012 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I seem to be in the minority bit I actually really like the design. I really like the open plazas and the entrance to the stadium. I like the asymmetrical design. It looks different than any other stadium.

So do I! Reminds me of a more modern Kezar which was very open. I like the "wide openness" of the plaza and upper level. That balcony area behind the concession stands at the top is huge w a view of the valley. To be honest, it really IS a damn shame that this stadium couldn't be built by the water in SF like the baseball and now basketball venues.

Still, I believe the technology, the service and the overall atmosphere of the new stadium will be unrivaled in the NFL. That larger lower bowl will make our voices boom like no other stadium. We will so rock that house so loud, offenses will be setting records for false starts! On another page, the concourses will be so much larger than Candlestick, we could skate to "Rock Roll Bounce Skate". The food will be superb and the service much better. Then add that wonderful technology where the service come to you at the press of a button whether food or replays of the game.

Overall, the fan experience will be like no other for sure. I'm looking forward to it.

Only two more weeks until we know where we will sit.

Share 49ersWebzone