There are 284 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
if you guys wanna b***h about the look about it how bout you all save your money and chip in to design/build a new stadium!

Stadium looks fine to me. as long as i can watch football and have a good time that's all that matters to me. It's funny how People cry about our current stadium and how its crap but when we try to and get a new one people cry about the design!

like they say beggers can't be choosers!

Fine then! I will and say "I told you so!"

LMAO!!
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by susweel:
Thats an ugly ass stadium. All the money in the bay area and they cant come up with is that ugly ass thing. Look at recent stadiums built and we get that.

why does everyone like these ugly space pod looking domes? first off, there no reason to have a retractable roof. bay area weather is beautiful.

the cowboys have an open roof dome to look like their last stadium, and the cards did it because it gets 1000 degrees down there, and they like to get some AC going.

that stadium design looks about 10 year old, but when its built, itll be with up to date technology, and will be ALOT better than the stick. if someone offers to buy you a 500 dollar watch, you dont say "eh, that one sucks. i want the 1000 dollar watch".

were not even sure SC voters will pass it through. if they do, i think itll be safe to assume they might alter the design from the proposal to be more up to date. thats the same design theyve had made for years.

For your info, the weather is actually pretty darn nice come time for regular season games here in the Valley of the Sun. AZ built their stadium to be different and innovative. The problem is though, the stadium doesn't really look that great when viewed in person, and the design will be dated before you know it. They did a horrible job imo.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't like something a little more then basic for our team.
I don't see anything wrong with it...the fans will be right on top of the action...which should be the primary consideration. We don't need any fancy roofs...I'm sure it'll be equipped with the latest technology. It's easy to be a critic...but, give the stadium a chance before you condemn it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
i just came across this picture... pretty nice! i change my mind about what i said in my other post! stadium looks impressive i could imagine indian summers in 49er fashion!

That looks awesome!

Yup, what he said.
i just came across this picture... pretty nice! i change my mind about what i said in my other post! stadium looks impressive i could imagine indian summers in 49er fashion!

Now this is what I wanted to see! I'm excited and can't wait to see this stadium built! Go 49ers!
  • Veteran
Ugly.

Originally posted by 190836:
Ugly.

Did you see that pic? It looks better than i originally thought.

-9fA
Ya....I've read a bit more about the design as well. Its designed to be OPEN.

Very large corridors and very unconfined. You can kinda see it in the last picture there.

I am liking the design more and more.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Xestenz:

Good news is looks like excellent sightlines from every section.

Thats the point.

Good sightlines and a showcase, innovative stadium in which we can be proud and invested for the next decade are not mutually exclusive.

Why isn't it a showcase...because it doesn't look like a space age egg? I think you're COMPLETELY missing the point. This will be a state of the art facility...it just won't look like something Apple would build.

lol...its like the PC vs Apple argument for me. ;-)

the exterior is wack...
needs a new design imo badly!

click to see a large picture of the cardinal's stadium

whoever said it didn't look great in person was right
Originally posted by teeohh:
click to see a large picture of the cardinal's stadium

whoever said it didn't look great in person was right

Yes. At the beginning of this discussion guys were comparing a basic 3-d block rendering of the inside of the stadium to these beautiful, artist-rendered action shots with lights, fireworks, etc. The Cardinals' stadium just doesn't look like those fabulous renderings in person and neither does the Cowboys' stadium. Let's compare apples and apples. This new rendering goes some of the way towards giving you a bigger picture of what things will look like and I've got no problem with it.
All the details you could ever want about the design of the new Santa Clara Stadium...

It looks like they actually moved the site tho. It was supposed to be on the other side of that creek (the treeline in the lower left of the first pic). They moved it right next to the existing 49ers Facility....4949 Centennial. It now looks like one big complex.

I know there are alot of people who don't like it because it kinda bland, but I personally like it. It reminds me of Lincoln Financial in Philli.

Below is the presentation to the city.

http://santaclaraca.gov/pdf/collateral/49ers-20080813-Project-Description.pdf

That stadium is not only bland but there are college stadiums nicer. Embarrassing, but still better than the dump now.
I'd rather have an ugly stadium and affordable seats
Then a beautiful stadium with unaffordable seats

I REALLY LIKE IT!

Now that you have a clear idea of what it could really look like, it doesn't look so plain now, does it?
Share 49ersWebzone