There are 148 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
LOL ^^^^^^^it doesn't look like that

Uh...yeah...if you mean it has stands and a bunch of people in it, then ya it looks the same...lol.

lol, exactly

right on, the architect can still simplify the design some to enhance the value.

[ Edited by NolanHasAPlan on May 29, 2009 at 21:13:29 ]
if you guys wanna b***h about the look about it how bout you all save your money and chip in to design/build a new stadium!

Stadium looks fine to me. as long as i can watch football and have a good time that's all that matters to me. It's funny how People cry about our current stadium and how its crap but when we try to and get a new one people cry about the design!

like they say beggers can't be choosers!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
like some one said, we should just play at Stanford... I think we'd save lots and lots of monies.

K...they don't look alike at all...lol
I don't like it
aside from the looks of the stadium i'm just happy i could park my car at the greatmall, jump on the lightrail and catch me a 49er game! no more 101 traffic jams or traffic jams to get back on 101 to go home!
i just came across this picture... pretty nice! i change my mind about what i said in my other post! stadium looks impressive i could imagine indian summers in 49er fashion!

• zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by imdarchitect:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Why do you guys want something that looks like the Seahawks stadium? It looks like a giant airplane hanger ready to take off.

Guys, I am an architect. The biggest value in getting a stadium like the Seahawks, or many of the other new stadiums being designed, for that fact, is accoustics. Home field advantage takes on a whole new meaning when you begin to reflect sound back down to the field.

As far as design goes, I personally think the new stadium design is total crap! There are so many things you can do with a stadium to make them aesthetically pleasing as well as serving the function for their intened use(s).

I don't buy into some of the statements on this thread that it comes down to the cost to build in the bay area. Yes it costs more, but not that much.

At the end of the day I don't see that HNTB has ever done an NFL facility (at least none are listed on their website). I think the brass just hired somebody with a big name and portfolio and are not considering the benefit of good and current design.

NFL teams make billions of dollars every year. A modern stadium should be set apart from NCAA stadiums and I don't see how this one is.

Remember, this will be our facility for many years to come. Why shouldn't it look like it is the best? How many other teams have the history of the 49ers?

On another similar note. If you just look at what is being leaked as far as renderings and presentations, they look like complete amateurs did them. How can we, as fans, expect more from the intellecutal design or finished product of this facility if the design architect can't even produce images that communicate to us!

I have not seen anything from HTNB that would warrant calling this anything but a total and complete failure in design, accoustical understanding and communication.

What do you know, I'm an architect too working in Dallas so I've seen Jerryworld being built since the first contractor trailers arrived in Arlington. I agree that the design is vanilla in nature, but you would have to think that right now it's still in the schematic design phase, and that these renderings were rushed out as an initial offering to Santa Clara. Once the city passes the vote for the stadium, I'm sure we'll see more design changes, but nothing too major like a dome. They still need to do the environmental and geotechnical studies for the site, and those alone could alter the stadium design.

[ Edited by zero on May 29, 2009 at 22:24:00 ]
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
if you guys wanna b***h about the look about it how bout you all save your money and chip in to design/build a new stadium!

Stadium looks fine to me. as long as i can watch football and have a good time that's all that matters to me. It's funny how People cry about our current stadium and how its crap but when we try to and get a new one people cry about the design!

like they say beggers can't be choosers!

Fine then! I will and say "I told you so!"
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
i just came across this picture... pretty nice! i change my mind about what i said in my other post! stadium looks impressive i could imagine indian summers in 49er fashion!

That looks awesome!
might as well change our colors to blue and yellow and call the team the san jose spartans while we're at it lol

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

That looks awesome!

That looks real nice.

NICE!!

THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Now that you can get a look at what it would REALLY look like, you can kinda understand a bit more.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

NICE!!

THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Now that you can get a look at what it would REALLY look like, you can kinda understand a bit more.

that's puuuuuurrrrty

[ Edited by WestCoast on May 29, 2009 at 23:12:09 ]

that's the type of s**t i wanted to see with the exterior

so those big pics of willis and the catch are just huge pics right? that's cool

then i guess those 4 big things in the front are the escalators

on the left on the ground floor looks like some type of store maybe restaurant or just ticket place?

i want to know more about the materials, right side looks like glass
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
wheres the night time pics with unnecessary lighting and fireworks? Then it would look waaaaaay cooler
Share 49ersWebzone