There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Josh Morgan looks REALLY REALLY GOOD

Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
If Bruce and Morgan continue to look this good in practice, Crabtree will surely be competing for the #3 spot this season. At this point, Morgan deserves more money Crabs.

I'm a big Morgan fan, and I don't think the Niners should give Crabtree top 3 money, but what has Morgan done to get more money than a regular #10 pick?
Originally posted by niner4life21:
If Bruce and Morgan continue to look this good in practice, Crabtree will surely be competing for the #3 spot this season. At this point, Morgan deserves more money Crabs.

I'm a big Morgan fan, and I don't think the Niners should give Crabtree top 3 money, but what has Morgan done to get more money than a regular #10 pick?

Dont you know his 300 yards and 3 touchdowns were just so beastly?!?!
I think Morgan can be pretty damn good. But come on now he shouldn't be getting more than Crabtree.
I don't think Hill will ever be anything for us. Hopefully Morgan and Crabtree are our future
Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't think Hill will ever be anything for us. Hopefully Morgan and Crabtree are our future

why?
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I think Morgan can be pretty damn good. But come on now he shouldn't be getting more than Crabtree.

Lol I know. I mean, I know that Morgan has what it takes to be really good, but the dude had 20 catches last year. Sure, he showed flashes of greatness, but come on, slow down with all the homerism.
I took this yesterday of Morgan out running Brooks and Taylor of a WR screen.

I would just like to note that although Morgan only scored 3 TD's, they were all long range impressive TD's. I dont think he got many reps on the goal line during the season, and never really got a chance for an easy TD.

The fact that all 3 of his touchdowns he was burning the CB deep, is a very good sign IMO.

I didn't say Morgan deserves top 10 money. I don't think Crabtree deserves top 10 money. None of the unproven rookies do. Morgan > Crabtree at this point.

Lol I know. I mean, I know that Morgan has what it takes to be really good, but the dude had 20 catches last year. Sure, he showed flashes of greatness, but come on, slow down with all the homerism.

I'll take a great attitude flashes and of greatness in the NFL over greatness in college. It's only Morgan's 2nd year in the league. I just happen to think he has a better chance of success in the pro's. Maybe I just hate the attitude some players have. Crabtree could tell his agent to get a deal done so he can get into camp. I hope he's as special has he thinks he is.

I'll take a great attitude flashes and of greatness in the NFL over greatness in college. It's only Morgan's 2nd year in the league. I just happen to think he has a better chance of success in the pro's. Maybe I just hate the attitude some players have. Crabtree could tell his agent to get a deal done so he can get into camp. I hope he's as special has he thinks he is.

Personally, I don't think Crabtree's foot is healed and that's why he doesn't care that he's not signed. He'd still be missing practice time if that's the case. But that's just me.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Personally, I don't think Crabtree's foot is healed and that's why he doesn't care that he's not signed. He'd still be missing practice time if that's the case. But that's just me.

Hmmmmmmm! Interesting. Possible I guess.
I can't remember which link I read this blurb, but someone said that the Niners coaches were saying Josh Morgan reminded them of a humbler version of T.O with possibly even better hands! I really hope Josh Morgan lives up to all this hype around him. Everyone keeps saying he looks like a number one. Imagine if we get our #1 from the sixth round rather than the number 10 overall pick. That would have Crabtree fuming.
Originally posted by Psinex:
I can't remember which link I read this blurb, but someone said that the Niners coaches were saying Josh Morgan reminded them of a humbler version of T.O with possibly even better hands! I really hope Josh Morgan lives up to all this hype around him. Everyone keeps saying he looks like a number one. Imagine if we get our #1 from the sixth round rather than the number 10 overall pick. That would have Crabtree fuming.

I'm hoping for years of Morgan & Crabtree competing with Arizona for the best WR tandem in the league. I know, we all have dreams.
Originally posted by Psinex:

I'm hoping for years of Morgan & Crabtree competing with Arizona for the best WR tandem in the league. I know, we all have dreams.

I have a feeling it may not be too long before this is a reality. Frankly, I don't know what we have in Josh Morgan. I've heard a lot, seen some good plays, but with his staph infection limiting him in the beginning of 2008, we didn't get to see the real thing until late in the season. I can't wait to see a full season of what he can do. Hopefully Brandon Jones comes back and Crabtree gets signed. Then we'll really be formidible.

Arizona may be losing Boldin after this year. I know people say Breaston is good, but he's not going to replace a player of Boldin's caliber. Once Boldin's gone, I think Fitzgerald will have a much harder time with the increased attention. And I don't think Kurt Warner has much left in the tank. Once Warner is gone, Arizona's receivers are going to be much less effective with Leinart or whoever takes over there.
Here's a recent comment from Singletary.

He was more tepid in his comments regarding second-year receiver Josh Morgan, saying “he’s doing OK.” Singletary said that there are days when Morgan dazzles but there are also days when he looks lackluster. The coach wants more consistency.

and -----

-Surprisingly, Josh Morgan dropped two or three passes. "Josh is doing OK," Singletary said. "Sometimes you come out here and you say, 'wow.' Sometimes you come out here and say, 'Come on, (Josh) let's go.'"

But I am sure all that really matters is what Josh does on game days.