There are 198 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: New Uni's Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I like this years uni's. I am glad to see them kind of going old school. IMO the worst was the 2004 superbowl uni's. Man those were kinda too much lol.

2004!?

1994 damn i had a typo dream moment

hahaha, I was about to get mad at myself for now knowing!

2004 Niners: Greatest Team Ever! We went 14-2 right?
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
I like this years uni's. I am glad to see them kind of going old school. IMO the worst was the 2004 superbowl uni's. Man those were kinda too much lol.

2004!?

1994 damn i had a typo dream moment

hahaha, I was about to get mad at myself for now knowing!

2004 Niners: Greatest Team Ever! We went 14-2 right?

That was the beggining of the Erickson era wasn't it?
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Does anyone want to start a petition to get the uni's currected?

1. Fix the stripes on the sleeves. Make it just 3 solid stripes.
2. Widen the stripes on the pants. In between what it is now and the old school.

If we get enough people complaining maybe we can get someone's attention.

Acutally old school are narrow stripes. Check out the unis in the sixties.

The wide ones are Throwback

They addressed the stipes when the uniforms were first released...the problem with the bigger stripes was that it actually gave less so it mas more difficult for the players to move. Thats the only reason the stipe is as thin as it is now.

Hmmm, that funny. I'm pretty sure the Steelers stripe is about the same width yet they had no problem winning a superbowl with those fat ass stripes. Seems like kind of an insignificant factor if you ask me. Besides, the thin stripes look rediculous on those mustard looking pants.
Originally posted by skibeerski:

2. Widen the stripes on the pants. In between what it is now and the old school.

They addressed the stipes when the uniforms were first released...the problem with the bigger stripes was that it actually gave less so it mas more difficult for the players to move. Thats the only reason the stipe is as thin as it is now.

Hmmm, that funny. I'm pretty sure the Steelers stripe is about the same width yet they had no problem winning a superbowl with those fat ass stripes. Seems like kind of an insignificant factor if you ask me. Besides, the thin stripes look rediculous on those mustard looking pants.

yea cause it is the uniform that you wear that wins Super Bowls
I hope the Boys wear their colored jerseys on Sat cuz i wanna see our away jerseys.....
Originally posted by backontop:

lol...I'm not saying it was the big stripe that prevented winning...just saying that the players preferred the thin stripe because it was less restrictive.

I read an interview with Delanie Walker where he said the entire new uniform was much lighter (particularly when it was wet) and much less restrictive.

Any little thing can help.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I guess I'm the only one who couldn't care less. Seriously, 78 pages?
Originally posted by FL9er:
I guess I'm the only one who couldn't care less. Seriously, 78 pages?

what do you expect. We drafted Crabtree and he is big into fashion so now fans are big into fashion.

Thanks Crabtree for making all our dreams come tru....oh wait you haven't signed yet. Well in that case, we just want to look fly!

lol...I'm not saying it was the big stripe that prevented winning...just saying that the players preferred the thin stripe because it was less restrictive.

I read an interview with Delanie Walker where he said the entire new uniform was much lighter (particularly when it was wet) and much less restrictive.

I just wish they never messed with the 80's uni like all the other historically great franchises - Steelers, Cowboys, Packers etc. I guess we are all being a bit to vain also. It's just a damn uniform.

I just wish they never messed with the 80's uni like all the other historically great franchises - Steelers, Cowboys, Packers etc. I guess we are all being a bit to vain also. It's just a damn uniform.

Cowboys never messed with their uniforms? you sure you don't want to remove them from that list?

The cowboy have changed up their uniforms a few times. They keep moving the star on the uniform. I lived in Texas for a few years and they This article doesn't talk as much about the recent changes because it was written in 1994 but you can look at their cards for each year.

http://www.cowboycards.com/Articles/UniformsAndCards.asp
So what jerseys will they wear now when sporting throwbacks? 94' version? They kinda of took the fun out the whole wearing throwback thing.
that was a sweet contrast matching the 49ers new unis against the dallas cowboys...reminds me of the classic, epic struggles of the 1990's

yeah, i'd like to see the '94 throwback uni as the alternate :

stripeless jerseys with shadowed numerals, white pants, striped sox, maybe the 1960's silver helmet = sick look
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
that was a sweet contrast matching the 49ers new unis against the dallas cowboys...reminds me of the classic, epic struggles of the 1990's

yeah, i'd like to see the '94 throwback uni as the alternate :

stripeless jerseys with shadowed numerals, white pants, striped sox, maybe the 1960's silver helmet = sick look

Yep.
  • ninerstar
  • Info N/A
Why are our pants green? still don't get it. I like gold. or white.
Share 49ersWebzone