Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shawntae Spencer

• jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'd like to see Spencer activated for this game, since he always plays well vs. Fitz.
I agree. But Spencer may be in the coaches' doghouse. Reading between the lines in a recent interview Harbaugh gave, he seemed to omit Spencer when asked about how Spencer and Rachal were taking their demotions. He mentioned Rachal in several comments as doing everything to get better, but didn't really refer to Spencer.

You know I hate the doghouse thing, the only reason he shouldn't be on the field is if he is not playing well, and it seems to me that last season he played well, what the F happened?

Doghouses remind me of Nolan.

I think its because he won't play through the pain, Harbaugh probably scofs at him cause of his toe. And we are winning so I guess hes the example for everyone else to tuff it out. I hope this isn't the case because if it is then Harbaugh is just a richard.

I know a guy whose last name is head and his parents named him Richard. No fooling. Poor guy.
Originally posted by jdean:
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'd like to see Spencer activated for this game, since he always plays well vs. Fitz.
I agree. But Spencer may be in the coaches' doghouse. Reading between the lines in a recent interview Harbaugh gave, he seemed to omit Spencer when asked about how Spencer and Rachal were taking their demotions. He mentioned Rachal in several comments as doing everything to get better, but didn't really refer to Spencer.

You know I hate the doghouse thing, the only reason he shouldn't be on the field is if he is not playing well, and it seems to me that last season he played well, what the F happened?

Doghouses remind me of Nolan.

I think its because he won't play through the pain, Harbaugh probably scofs at him cause of his toe. And we are winning so I guess hes the example for everyone else to tuff it out. I hope this isn't the case because if it is then Harbaugh is just a richard.

I know a guy whose last name is head and his parents named him Richard. No fooling. Poor guy.
Bahahah.

I drive by a doctors office and he has a big sign with his name outside Robert G. Aycock. Just Had to put his middle initial in there
  • jlo23
  • Veteran
Whats the status of Shawntae? I know we signed him to a contract and then he got hurt.
He is still under contract but I doubt he is with the team next year, thats too much money for a guy who doesnt suit up most Sundays

Prediction: we trade him to the Patriots
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 24, 2012 at 7:02 AM ]
How did this guy fall so out of favor with the coaching staff? I wouldn't put him in the Pro-Bowl, but I'd say he's a starting caliber CB. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I'd start him ahead of either of the guys we have now, but to never see the field this year?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
How did this guy fall so out of favor with the coaching staff? I wouldn't put him in the Pro-Bowl, but I'd say he's a starting caliber CB. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I'd start him ahead of either of the guys we have now, but to never see the field this year?

He was the starter in TC but he got hurt and the guys who replaced him while he was out played pretty well
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Nobody knows. He got in the dog house some how. No doubt he should have been at the least the 3rd/4th corner on the field. Especially over Brock. But I don't expect to see him back with the team, and I'm not sure if we will ever get a real answer to that question.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I don't know what he did but if he was in the rotation all season when he did get healthy he would have been a better option than Brock when Brown went out.
He's good as gone...Culliver's a better, younger nickel, and all the starting positions aren't available. Shawntae was part of an inferior secondary that's no longer relevant because we have better CB's now.
Originally posted by pd24:
I don't know what he did but if he was in the rotation all season when he did get healthy he would have been a better option than Brock when Brown went out.

i trust the coaches judgment but confess that i did wonder if soencer may have defended manningham better than brock on giants td
Originally posted by hofer36:

i trust the coaches judgment but confess that i did wonder if soencer may have defended manningham better than brock on giants td

I also trust the coaching staff, but question a couple personnel moves. #1, getting rid of Edwards when we were already paper thin at WR. #2, blackballing Spencer. IDK what he did, but I think his experience would've been valuable when T.Brown went down.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I also trust the coaching staff, but question a couple personnel moves. #1, getting rid of Edwards when we were already paper thin at WR. #2, blackballing Spencer. IDK what he did, but I think his experience would've been valuable when T.Brown went down.
Edwards tweeted that he had surgery again on his knee, that dude wasnt gonna be right if we kept on the team
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Braylon was doing more harm than good. He just didn't pan out plain and simple. I honestly don't think he would have made any difference. I agree with Spencer.
I'd take Shawntae over Tramaine Brock any day. I'm no coach or expert talent evaluator of sorts but I saw him go against the likes Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitz, Torry Holt, etc. I doubt Baalke would want to resign him especially with how the coaching staff shun him out. I doubt he'd want to be back anyway.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
He's good as gone...Culliver's a better, younger nickel, and all the starting positions aren't available. Shawntae was part of an inferior secondary that's no longer relevant because we have better CB's now.

how many times have we seen Spencer give up a TD like the ones Cully gave up this year?...not bashing him cause he is a rookie, and I think he'll be a starter for us. But to say Shawnte was inferior in anyway is not fair...he has been one of our consistent cbs. He just doesn't go for ints.

actually I think they will not cut Spencer until they have Rogers locked up. If not they will bring him back, even at 3.6 mil or what ever it is.

We need to lock up Goldson 1st...over pay if you have to.

If we can't get both Goldson and Rogers back....I'd rather have

Goldson, Whitner
Brown, Cully, Brock, Spencer

than

Reggie Smith , Whitner
Rogers, Brown, Cully, Brock

heck, Spencer might fight for his starting job back next year.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home