LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

49ers 2009 Schedule thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Also, the Cardinals and us as of today are favored in the division in terms of strength of schedule.

Team Win Loss Tie %
22. St. Louis Rams 119 137 0 .465
24. Seattle Seahawks 117 139 0 .457
25. Cleveland Browns 114 140 2 .449
26. San Francisco 49ers 113 142 1 .443
27. Arizona Cardinals 113 143 0 .441

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=4027503

I never understood how they can go off strength of schedules when the draft isn't over and teams are still getting players. I just wish they would do that at the end of the year that way you can look at how the teams actually did instead of basing it off of ther eprevious years record

At this point in time, that is the best measuring stick.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by krizay:
at all the "easy schedule" & double digit wins predictions.

WE HAVE THE SAME SQUAD AS LAST YEAR! WHICH DOESN'T INCLUDE KEY PIECES IN KEY PLACES!!!!!

I know... I can't believe these guys...we need to add some real playmakers...like MICHAEL HUFF! lmao

• krizay
  • Veteran

WE HAVE THE SAME SQUAD AS LAST YEAR! WHICH DOESN'T INCLUDE KEY PIECES IN KEY PLACES!!!!!

We closed out the season 5-2. We've addressed needs in free agency. The draft is around the corner. For at least a day, be optimistic.

What needs did we address? How many CONTRIBUTORS will we select in this draft?

We got Frank's favorite blocking FB back. We got a quality DE in Evans. And we got Marvel who if healthy, will be a very solid contributor.

WooHoo a FB, a backup DE & a oft injured RT to replace another oft injured RT. Whom we got like 2 months into FA. Not exactly a hot commodity no?

I haven't seen where our needs were addressed!
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Anything can happen....0-16 to 16-0

However, i am optimistic for 10-6 and winning the division.
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Does anyone else see us going 4-1 when we hit the bye?

Yes. I do.

We closed out the season 5-2. We've addressed needs in free agency. The draft is around the corner. For at least a day, be optimistic.

Have you actually been reading the news? We picked up a Pro Bowl LT Marvel Smith which is not the same black hole we had last year with Barry Sims. I would also call Mike Nolan a key piece...His playcalling alone cost us 2 or 3 games because we got killed underneath by playing too far back in the Big Nickel.
  • hps49
  • Veteran
DAMN... TALK ABOUT BEING FANS..... MOST OF YOU GUYS ARE ALL NEGATIVE NANCYS N SH*T.

OPTIMISM.
Originally posted by Byisgod:

I know... I can't believe these guys...we need to add some real playmakers...like MICHAEL HUFF! lmao

What needs did we address? How many CONTRIBUTORS will we select in this draft?

We got Frank's favorite blocking FB back. We got a quality DE in Evans. And we got Marvel who if healthy, will be a very solid contributor.

WooHoo a FB, a backup DE & a oft injured RT to replace another oft injured RT. Whom we got like 2 months into FA. Not exactly a hot commodity no?

I haven't seen where our needs were addressed!

Maybe 2-3 of our young existing players will step up?
Originally posted by Hopper:
It's no fun at all having to deal with Fitzgerald week one.

We've done an excellent job against Fitz and they might even be out Boldin.

Sing will have our guys hungry and ready to play. Lets not get all soft just because they almost wont the Superbowl (Did I really just type that.... ) They are still the Tards.

Originally posted by dman:
6-10

Worst case scenario.
Originally posted by hps49:
DAMN... TALK ABOUT BEING FANS..... MOST OF YOU GUYS ARE ALL NEGATIVE NANCYS N SH*T.

OPTIMISM.

welcome
I think we got kind of screwed on the 2 supposed similiar record games. Both Philly and Atlanta are winning teams. I was hoping we would get one of those games after a bye week.

And that December game in Philly is jacked up also.
[ Edited by danimal on Apr 14, 2009 at 4:40 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
DAMN... TALK ABOUT BEING FANS..... MOST OF YOU GUYS ARE ALL PositivePatty's N SH*T.

REALISM.

FIXED
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 14, 2009 at 4:36 PM ]
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A

OPTIMISM.

Seriously, everyone is just writing off Losses before we even hit the field.

Have some pride! As long as we hit the field we can win every single one of these games.
Share 49ersWebzone