LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

49ers 2009 Schedule thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's Official:

The fact that we open AGAIN vs the Cards means that the NFL is trying reeeally hard to manufacture a rivalry with them....and it is working.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Have at it!

1 Sep 13 SF @ ARI University of Phoenix Stadium 4:15 FOX

2 Sep 20 SEA @ SF Candlestick Park 4:05 PM FOX

3 Sep 27 SF @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 1:00 PM FOX

4 Oct 04 STL @ SF Candlestick Park 4:15 PM FOX

5 Oct 11 ATL @ SF Candlestick Park 4:05 PM FOX

6 Bye

7 Oct 25 SF @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM FOX

8 Nov 01 SF @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 1:00 PM FOX

9 Nov 08 TEN @ SF Candlestick Park 4:15 PM CBS

10 Nov 12 CHI @ SF Candlestick Park 8:20 PM NFL NETWORK Thursday Night

11 Nov 22 SF @ GB Lambeau Field 1:00 PM FOX

12 Nov 29 JAC @ SF Candlestick Park 4:05 PM CBS

13 Dec 06 SF @ SEA Qwest Field 4:15 PM FOX

14 Dec 14 ARI @ SF Candlestick Park 8:30 PM ESPN Monday Night

15 Dec 20 SF @ PHI Lincoln Financial Field 1:00 PM FOX

16 Dec 27 DET @ SF Candlestick Park 4:05 PM FOX

17 Jan 03 SF @ STL Edward Jones Dome 1:00 PM FOX

I see playoffs!
It's really pretty simple...

Last year I said in order for Singletary to get named HC he had to do something that Nolan never did and that was finish the season with a winning record, cut and dry, black and white, no gray.

This year in order for us to win the West we HAVE to open up with a WIN at AZ.

It sux for that game to be so huge, but it's more important to our season than it is to AZ's season.

Anyway it happens doesn't matter, just as long as we walk into AZ in week one and punch them in the mouth right from the start and put them behind the 8 ball.

If we are going to compete for the Div. in '09, we'll know it after week #1.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49123:

Last year I said in order for Singletary to get named HC he had to do something that Nolan never did and that was finish the season with a winning record, cut and dry, black and white, no gray.

It sux for that game to be so huge, but it's more important to our season than it is to AZ's season.

Anyway it happens doesn't matter, just as long as we walk into AZ in week one and punch them in the mouth right from the start and put them behind the 8 ball.

So the first game of the season is a "must win" or the season is over?

I agree it would be a great win, but I'm not going to throw in the towel if you don't.
From Dan Brown of the Mercury News

Originally posted by Dan Brown:
Sept. 13: Arizona Cardinals
Time/TV: 1:15 p.m. Fox
Site: Glendale, Ariz.
2008 record: 9-7, NFC champion
All-time vs. 49ers: San Francisco leads series 19-16
Storyline: When Kurt Warner’s contract talks stalled, he visited the 49ers and – presto – wound up with a big raise from the Cardinals. Don’t expect the 49ers to arrange a private jet and limousine ride when he visits on Dec. 14.

Sept. 20: Seattle Seahawks
Time/TV: 1:05 p.m. Fox
Site: Candlestick Park
2008 record: 4-12
All-time vs. 49ers: Seattle leads 9-11
Storyline: Jim Mora Jr. takes the reigns from Mike Holmgren – one former 49ers coordinator replacing another. Mora, who was on the 49ers staff from 1997-03, previously served as head coach with the Falcons, where he went 26-22.

Sept. 27: Minnesota Vikings
Time/TV: 10 a.m. Fox
Site: Minneapolis
2008 record: 10-6
All-time vs. 49ers: Vikings lead series 19-18-1
Storyline: Adrian Peterson has been sensational since entering the NFL in 2007 – except against the 49ers. In the running back’s only previous meeting against San Francisco, he managed just 3 yards on 14 carries.

Oct. 4: St. Louis Rams
2008 record: 2-14
All-time vs. 49ers: Rams lead 56-60-2
Storyline: Once the heavyweights of the NFC West, these two longtime rivals are no just trying to see which team can get up off the canvas. Neither team has been to the playoffs since St. Louis made it in 2004.

Oct. 11: Atlanta Falcons
2008 record: 11-5
All-time vs. 49ers: San Francisco leads 44-27-1
Storyline: A year ago, the Falcons pulled off the kind of miracle turnaround the 49ers want. With a new coach (Mike Smith), young quarterback (Matt Ryan) and a ground-oriented offense, Atlanta improved from 4-12 to 11-5.

Oct. 25: Houston Texans
Site: Houston
2008 record: 8-8
All-time vs. 49ers: San Francisco leads series 1-0
Storyline: Along with the Bears game, this represents another homecoming for Mike Singletary, who was born and raised in Houston. It’s also the source of one of his best college games: As a Baylor linebacker, Singletary was credited with 34 tackles against the University of Houston in 1978.

Oct. 18: Bye Week

Nov. 1: Indianapolis ColtsSite: Indianapolis
2008 record: 12-4
All-time vs. 49ers: The Colts lead the series 23-18.
Storyline: The Colts are like how the 49ers used to be, with a Hall-of-Fame quarterback and a team that racks up double-digit victories ever year. (Indy has seven straight seasons with at least 10-win seasons).

Nov. 8 Tennessee Titans
Time/TV: 1:15 p.m. CBS
2008 record: 13-3
All-time vs. 49ers: San Francisco leads series 7-4
Storyline: Like the 49ers, the Titans have a highly drafted, highly touted young quarterback that may wind up on the bench. Kerry Collins replaced Vince Young and his steady play – with help from the ground game — was just enough to get the Titans into the postseason last season.

Nov. 12: Thursday. Chicago Bears
Time/TV: 5:20 p.m. NFL Network
2008 record: 9-7
All-time vs. 49ers: Chicago leads series 29-27-1
Storyline: Mike Singletary coaching AGAINST the Bears. Expect to hear that topic come up a few times that week, since it’s a nationally televised Thursday night game.

Nov. 22: Green Bay Packers
Site: Green Bay, Wis.
2008 record: 6-10
All-time vs. 49ers: Packers lead series 28-25-1
Storyline: Brett Favre. No, wait, that’s not right. (Old habits die hard). The Packers quarterback, of course, is former Cal star Aaron Rogers, who the 49ers passed on when they took Alex Smith with the No. 1 pick in 2005. A chance for a head-to-head showdown?

Nov. 29: Jacksonville Jaguars
Time/TV: 1:15 p.m. CBS
2008 record: 5-11
All-time vs. 49ers: Jacksonville leads series 2-0
Storyline: Uh … um … the triumphant return of Atiyyah Ellison? The storyline depends on whether the Jaguars are the juggernaut that went 11-5 in 2007 or 5-11 in 2008.

Dec. 6: Seattle Seahawks
Site: Seattle
2008 record: 4-12
All-time vs. 49ers: Seattle lead series 9-11
Storyline: see previous Seattle entry.

Dec. 14: Monday. Arizona Cardinals
Time/TV: 5:30 p.m. Fox
Site: Glendale, Ariz.
2008 record: 9-7, NFC champion
All-time vs. 49ers: San Francisco leads series 19-16
Storyline: The last time the Cardinals and 49ers met on Monday Night Football, the game ended with Michael Robinson getting stuffed short of the goal line.

Dec. 20: Philadelphia Eagles
Site: Philadelphia
2008 record: 9-6-1
All-time vs. 49ers: San Francisco lead series 16-10-1
Storyline: The 49ers decided against taking Cal dynamo DeSean Jackson last year. So when Jackson visited Candlestick Park in October he racked up with six catches for 98 yards.

Dec. 27: Detroit Lions
2008 record: 0-16
All-time vs. 49ers: San Francisco leads 33-26-1.
Storyline: Check back after the draft. Matthew Stafford might be at quarterback for Detroit and trying to show the 49ers his psyche is just fine.

Jan. 3: St. Louis RamsSite: St. Louis
2008 record: 2-14
All-time vs. 49ers: Rams lead 56-60-2
Storyline: see previous Rams entry.
Originally posted by Apples:
Ugh, I hate Thursday night games.

We have to play a game on a short week and most of us won't even be able to watch it.

Then again, some of us will be in the Candlestick parking lot for around 8 hours having the time of our lives before we go in to watch the game.

Originally posted by Chief:

I agree it would be a great win, but I'm not going to throw in the towel if you don't.

Yep, week one is a must win, simple as that.

Every year we hear the same chizzy from the same people on this board after we start out ....

0-1 No big deal...

2-1 Superbowl bound...

2-4 No big deal...

2-6 No big deal "we still have a whole second half of the season to play"

7-9.... Well shux, another losing season...

-----------------------------------------------------------

2-0 Superbowl bound...

2-2 No big deal....

2-4 No big deal....

2-8 Well, "I'm still hoping for wins, not a higher draft pick"....

5-11 Well shux, we suck again...

----------------------------------------------------------------

0-1 No big deal...

1-3 No big deal...

2-5 No big deal "we still have a whole second half of the season to play"

5-8 Well "I'm still hoping for wins, not a higher draft pick"...

7-9 Well shux, we suck again...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1-2 No big deal...

1-4 No big deal...

2-6 No big deal..."we still have a whole second half of the season to play"...

2-11 Well "I'm still hoping for wins, not a higher draft pick"....

4-12 Well shux, we suck again, this is becoming a habit....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

0-2 No big deal

0-4 No big deal

1-9 No big deal "we still have a whole second half of the season to play"....

2-11 Well "I'm still hoping for wins, not a higher draft pick"...

2-14 Well shux, here we go again, we still suck and not we're really begining to run out of excuses...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-3 No big deal, still not worried, no reason to panic...

2-4 No big deal...

5-7 Well "I'm still hoping for wins, not a higher draft pick"...

7-9, Well, we STILL suck and I'm going to not even try to make excuses, but instead I'm just going to call anyone who talks about losing "HATERS", because I can give no reasonable explaination as to why we have had 6 consecutive years of losing....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tired arse, lame arse excuses come year after year from the same tired and lame posters in the Zone, when we start out losing early in the season....

"Ohhh, it doesn't mean anything, it's too early, anything can happen".... Then when it becomes VERY apparent that the losing is irrefutable, then you're just a hater because you said it from week #3 on when we were already 2 games back of the Division leader.

So like I said....

YES, week one is a MUST win, if we're going to be competing for the Div. and it will show SOLID proof that we're on the right track.

Our season must start strong and we must have the upper hand from day one.

Just like Singletary has said, there are no moral victories and opening up the season with a road loss to the Div. Champs, no matter how close the game was or was not, will only prove to be the first step of the same crap that we have seen for 6 consecutive years now...

The time is NOW, no more talking, time for some WINS!!!!!!
[ Edited by 49123 on Apr 14, 2009 at 8:34 PM ]
Looks like 11-5...12-4.

Dre
  • Chief
  • Veteran
4-1 at the BYE week.
Originally posted by Chief:

Yep, week one is a must win, simple as that.

Every year we hear the same chizzy from the same people on this board after we start out ....

0-1 No big deal...

2-1 Superbowl bound...

2-4 No big deal...

7-9.... Well shux, another losing season...

-----------------------------------------------------------

2-0 Superbowl bound...

2-2 No big deal....

2-4 No big deal....

2-8 Well, "I'm still hoping for wins, not a higher draft pick"....

5-11 Well shux, we suck again...

----------------------------------------------------------------

0-1 No big deal...

1-3 No big deal...

2-5 No big deal "we still have a whole second half of the season to play"

5-8 Well "I'm still hoping for wins, not a higher draft pick"...

7-9 Well shux, we suck again...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1-2 No big deal...

1-4 No big deal...

2-6 No big deal..."we still have a whole second half of the season to play"...

2-11 Well "I'm still hoping for wins, not a higher draft pick"....

4-12 Well shux, we suck again, this is becoming a habit....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

0-2 No big deal

0-4 No big deal

1-9 No big deal "we still have a whole second half of the season to play"....

2-11 Well "I'm still hoping for wins, not a higher draft pick"...

2-14 Well shux, here we go again, we still suck and not we're really begining to run out of excuses...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-3 No big deal, still not worried, no reason to panic...

2-4 No big deal...

5-7 Well "I'm still hoping for wins, not a higher draft pick"...

7-9, Well, we STILL suck and I'm going to not even try to make excuses, but instead I'm just going to call anyone who talks about losing "HATERS", because I can give no reasonable explaination as to why we have had 6 consecutive years of losing....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tired arse, lame arse excuses come year after year from the same tired and lame posters in the Zone, when we start out losing early in the season....

"Ohhh, it doesn't mean anything, it's too early, anything can happen".... Then when it becomes VERY apparent that the losing is irrefutable, then you're just a hater because you said it from week #3 on when we were already 2 games back of the Division leader.

So like I said....

YES, week one is a MUST win, if we're going to be competing for the Div. and it will show SOLID proof that we're on the right track.

Our season must start strong and we must have the upper hand from day one.

Just like Singletary has said, there are no moral victories and opening up the season with a road loss to the Div. Champs, no matter how close the game was or was not, will only prove to be the first step of the same crap that we have seen for 6 consecutive years now...

The time is NOW, no more talking, time for some WINS!!!!!!

I agree with the bolded......everything else.....

Also,don't forget about the flex games too everyone,or are they not doing that this year
Originally posted by King49er:
Also,don't forget about the flex games too everyone,or are they not doing that this year

I never heard anything about them changing that. I think the only chance we have at that would be the Philly game. That's going to be a tough game. Getting that game pushed out of the 10 am PST kickoff would help us. We're gonna need all the help we can get.
Originally posted by King49er:

I never heard anything about them changing that. I think the only chance we have at that would be the Philly game. That's going to be a tough game. Getting that game pushed out of the 10 am PST kickoff would help us. We're gonna need all the help we can get.

I'm going to that game
5-11
Originally posted by Reckless:
5-11

Sure bud
Share 49ersWebzone