There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers 2009 Schedule thread

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by krizay:
at all the "easy schedule" & double digit wins predictions.


WE HAVE THE SAME SQUAD AS LAST YEAR! WHICH DOESN'T INCLUDE KEY PIECES IN KEY PLACES!!!!!

We closed out the season 5-2. We've addressed needs in free agency. The draft is around the corner. For at least a day, be optimistic.

What needs did we address? How many CONTRIBUTORS will we select in this draft?

We got Frank's favorite blocking FB back. We got a quality DE in Evans. And we got Marvel who if healthy, will be a very solid contributor.


WooHoo a FB, a backup DE & a oft injured RT to replace another oft injured RT. Whom we got like 2 months into FA. Not exactly a hot commodity no?

I haven't seen where our needs were addressed!

Maybe 2-3 of our young existing players will step up?

That's a possiblity. But not at the positions in which we need them to step up. I mean if we were good at drafting it would be another story!

Well since you are so sure we will have another bad season you can save yourself 3 hours every sunday and not watch right?

*POOF* be gone!

I am a grown ass man so yes that is an option for me!

oohhh i hit a nerve

*POOF* be gone!

Not really!

Damn this stupid magician isn't working
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
We can easily go 10-6 and win the West with this schedule!

LOL at those three words!!!



me too....like 7-9 teams ROUTINELY go 12-4 the very next year.
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Toughest 6 games in descending order:
Dec 20 at Philly.
Nov 1 at Indy.
Sep 27 at Minny.
Nov 22 at GB.
Sep 13 at Arizona.
Dec 6 at Seattle.

You might have heard of this team before, the Titans?

I don't think the Titans will be as dominant this year. Just a hunch.

Its so funny when zoners think another zoner is unaware of a certain team. Ha. Yeah, we all know the Titans went 13-3....but there is such a thing as a 1 year wonder, and the Titans definitely fit that mold.

Don't get me wrong, they will probably kick the s**t outta the Niners, but I can see why people wouldn't consider them in our top 5 hardest games to play.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,008
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by krizay:
at all the "easy schedule" & double digit wins predictions.


WE HAVE THE SAME SQUAD AS LAST YEAR! WHICH DOESN'T INCLUDE KEY PIECES IN KEY PLACES!!!!!

We closed out the season 5-2. We've addressed needs in free agency. The draft is around the corner. For at least a day, be optimistic.

What needs did we address? How many CONTRIBUTORS will we select in this draft?

We got Frank's favorite blocking FB back. We got a quality DE in Evans. And we got Marvel who if healthy, will be a very solid contributor.


WooHoo a FB, a backup DE & a oft injured RT to replace another oft injured RT. Whom we got like 2 months into FA. Not exactly a hot commodity no?

I haven't seen where our needs were addressed!

Maybe 2-3 of our young existing players will step up?

That's a possiblity. But not at the positions in which we need them to step up. I mean if we were good at drafting it would be another story!

Well since you are so sure we will have another bad season you can save yourself 3 hours every sunday and not watch right?

*POOF* be gone!

I am a grown ass man so yes that is an option for me!

oohhh i hit a nerve

*POOF* be gone!

Not really!

Damn this stupid magician isn't working

It seemed to have worked for me!
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Toughest 6 games in descending order:
Dec 20 at Philly.
Nov 1 at Indy.
Sep 27 at Minny.
Nov 22 at GB.
Sep 13 at Arizona.
Dec 6 at Seattle.

You might have heard of this team before, the Titans?

I respect Jeff Fisher and the Titans.

BUT, they will have a severe travel issue after playing division rival, JAX, at thome the preceding Sunday. I see this as much like the Tampa Bay game several years ago, where the Niners were given no chance. But TB played in a travel-induced fog and the Niners won 15-13.
[ Edited by jimbagg on Apr 14, 2009 at 5:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
We can easily go 10-6 and win the West with this schedule!

LOL at those three words!!!

me too....like 7-9 teams ROUTINELY go 12-4 the very next year.

That's funny, it doesn't look like he said 12-4 to me... kinda looks like 10-6

Anyway, I certainly don't think it's going to be easy (it's NEVER easy), but it is possible, regardless of what you think. By it I mean going 10-6 btw.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by krizay:
at all the "easy schedule" & double digit wins predictions.


WE HAVE THE SAME SQUAD AS LAST YEAR! WHICH DOESN'T INCLUDE KEY PIECES IN KEY PLACES!!!!!

We closed out the season 5-2. We've addressed needs in free agency. The draft is around the corner. For at least a day, be optimistic.

What needs did we address? How many CONTRIBUTORS will we select in this draft?

We got Frank's favorite blocking FB back. We got a quality DE in Evans. And we got Marvel who if healthy, will be a very solid contributor.


WooHoo a FB, a backup DE & a oft injured RT to replace another oft injured RT. Whom we got like 2 months into FA. Not exactly a hot commodity no?

I haven't seen where our needs were addressed!

Maybe 2-3 of our young existing players will step up?

That's a possiblity. But not at the positions in which we need them to step up. I mean if we were good at drafting it would be another story!

Well since you are so sure we will have another bad season you can save yourself 3 hours every sunday and not watch right?

*POOF* be gone!

I am a grown ass man so yes that is an option for me!

oohhh i hit a nerve

*POOF* be gone!

Not really!

Damn this stupid magician isn't working

It seemed to have worked for me!

I even used it twice, hmm maybe the second one cancelled out the effect
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,870
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Toughest 6 games in descending order:
Dec 20 at Philly.
Nov 1 at Indy.
Sep 27 at Minny.
Nov 22 at GB.
Sep 13 at Arizona.
Dec 6 at Seattle.

You might have heard of this team before, the Titans?

I respect Jeff Fisher and the Titans.

BUT, they will have a severe travel issue after playing division rival, JAX, at thome the preceding Sunday. I see this as much like the Tampa Bay game several years ago, where the Niners were given no chance. But TB played in a travel-induced fog and the Niners won 15-13.

I also think Titans came out of no-where last year, and teams will be giving their best shot at them this year. Also, Titans will have more pressure on them due to higher expectations and Kerry Collins will be another year older.

They also lost their best deep threat guy, so now teams can put 11 in the box against them.
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
We can easily go 10-6 and win the West with this schedule!

LOL at those three words!!!



me too....like 7-9 teams ROUTINELY go 12-4 the very next year.

Look at the panthers last year. And the 13-3 Packers went 5-11 this year. Any given sunday man.

I really like our schedule. I think Jacksonville has a bunch of holes and they're not going to be impossible to beat. I think TN was a 1 year wonder because Collins is starting to get long in the tooth, and they lost big Al Haynesworth. The Cards have lost a bunch of their coaches so it will be interesting to see how we play them. The Rams are rebuilding and have gotten rid of most of their good veteran players. GB's defense is a bit of a mess, they lack depth in their secondary and they don't have a DL for a 3-4 D or the pass rushing OLBs.

I'm not saying we're a lock to have a good year but this is definitely a more favorable schedule than last year where we opened with 3 winnable games and then had 5 ones that were practically impossible while Nolan and JTOChokivan choked the ones we almost won away.
Coach Singletary on the 49ers 2009 Season...

Die cardinals....DIE!!!!!


The NFL schedule maker is asleep at switch. Three years in a row with Arizona opening season. Cmon already. How boring is that? Anyway, no better than 7-9 in my opinion.
  • GoreIsABoss415
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Toughest 6 games in descending order:
Dec 20 at Philly.
Nov 1 at Indy.
Sep 27 at Minny.
Nov 22 at GB.
Sep 13 at Arizona.
Dec 6 at Seattle.

You might have heard of this team before, the Titans?

I don't think the Titans will be as dominant this year. Just a hunch.

Its so funny when zoners think another zoner is unaware of a certain team. Ha. Yeah, we all know the Titans went 13-3....but there is such a thing as a 1 year wonder, and the Titans definitely fit that mold.

Don't get me wrong, they will probably kick the s**t outta the Niners, but I can see why people wouldn't consider them in our top 5 hardest games to play.

I do agree that the Titans are not going to be as good next year, but i think they deserve to be in there over the Eagles. They did nothing to help out McNabb, they lost the leader on defense, and if Westbrook gets hurt they don't have Buckhalter anymore...I think the eagles will not be that good at all next year