LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

SoCal Residents: Do I need Directv to watch the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You need a lot of alcohol to watch the 49ers.
get the ticket. if you moved to palmdale you could join me . otherwise raiders and cowgirls games
Directv provides NFL Sunday Ticket with five payments of $55.99 spread over five months. Four games per month (plus all the others) for less than $14 per Sunday. Beats sports bars by a mile.
  • SB49er
  • Info N/A
I live in Santa Barbara and they show all the games... Guess I'm far enough north.
Quote:

A typical post by SanDiegoNiner who hates the Niners. Actually you need a lot of alcohol to read your banal posts.
Originally posted by aubdogg:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Go to your local sports bar. Its more fun anyways.

But then you have to deal with your local Raider fans who are everywhere in LA. Don't get stabbed by the Raider fan fresh out of jail and get DirecTV. You just can't get the quality picture online and you get to watch every other NFL game as well.

-9fA
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i hate watching 9er games at bars. Especially when they lose. If I could afford it, I'd get sunday ticket. Till then, HomerTV it is.

Here's the best 49ers sports bar in Los Angeles (actually closer to Santa Monica). The only place where if a non-49ers fan walks in, everyone boos. You'll feel like you're among real fans here. You can also hear the game, since they won't have a ton of other games on like in other sports bars. Everyone is watching the Niners game.

San Francisco Saloon Co

11501 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310) 478-0152
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

RIGHT ON...they should be paying all of OUR Sunday Ticket bills until they manage a winning record!
Originally posted by swim4speed:
I am planning to move to Orange, California in June. I want to watch all or at least close to all of the Niners games. I am wondering how many Niners games are usually broadcast (on regular local television) in southern CA.

Will I need to get Directv in order to watch the Niners games?

Yes, you do. The Niners are not like down here as much as SD and the Gayders.
Really it's more about being a winning team. When we were going to the playoffs, all of our games were televised down here.
Thanks again for the responses. Before signing with an apartment complex, I asked if I my balcony was facing the correct direction to get Directv. The girl said yes and even double-checked. We arrived and found out we could not get it. Darn it!

I might have to try the Slingbox at my sister's house in the bay area.

Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by BobS:
I have Directv, and lived in either Orange County or Riverside County my whole life.
Since the 49ers fell from grace they are pretty much never on TV. Back in the glory
days they were on almost every week, and my Niner hating friends didn't like it. Now
it's either Directv or the sports bar.

or homer tv online

^
This
Originally posted by swim4speed:
Thanks again for the responses. Before signing with an apartment complex, I asked if I my balcony was facing the correct direction to get Directv. The girl said yes and even double-checked. We arrived and found out we could not get it. Darn it!

I might have to try the Slingbox at my sister's house in the bay area.

No southeast view of the sky?
Originally posted by Native49erFan:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
southern california will give you s**t. maybe 1 or 2. best bet is to get Direct TV sunday ticket

Boy-- isn't that the truth. Now it's all Cowgirls every damn week. Unless we earned a couple more prime time games this season, Direct tv is the way to go or find a good sports bar.

How much does the package cost again???

Last time i heard the package was bout $300 for the season.........YIKES!!!!

Since 2002 the last time we made the playoffs cbs nor Fox shows love to our niners at best like ol boy said maybe 1 or 2 games per season.......

Let's see... 300 by 16 regular season games is 18.75. Now seeing that i drop close to double that everytime i visit a sports bar, there's now way my wife won't see the feasibility of this investment.

Right on bro - my wife said the same thing. I was spending $50 or so every time I took my boys to the sports bar/grill with me to watch games. I just got DirecTV installed a few weeks ago, just got it hooked up to the internet, so now I'm in business!

This subject just happen to come up while the wife 'n I were out last night... looks like Direct TV will be discussed for this fall... can't wait!
Is there any bar that shows niner games in irvine
Originally posted by BobS:
I have Directv, and lived in either Orange County or Riverside County my whole life.
Since the 49ers fell from grace they are pretty much never on TV. Back in the glory
days they were on almost every week, and my Niner hating friends didn't like it. Now
it's either Directv or the sports bar.

or homer tv online

A couple of you have mentioned this but what exactly is it? Along with the million dollar question, how much does it cost?
Share 49ersWebzone