LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

SoCal Residents: Do I need Directv to watch the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am planning to move to Orange, California in June. I want to watch all or at least close to all of the Niners games. I am wondering how many Niners games are usually broadcast (on regular local television) in southern CA.

Will I need to get Directv in order to watch the Niners games?
southern california will give you s**t. maybe 1 or 2. best bet is to get Direct TV sunday ticket
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I have Directv, and lived in either Orange County or Riverside County my whole life.
Since the 49ers fell from grace they are pretty much never on regular TV. Back in the glory days they were on almost every week, and my Niner hating friends didn't like it.
Now it's either Directv or the sports bar.
[ Edited by BobS on Apr 6, 2009 at 10:45 AM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
I have Directv, and lived in either Orange County or Riverside County my whole life.
Since the 49ers fell from grace they are pretty much never on TV. Back in the glory
days they were on almost every week, and my Niner hating friends didn't like it. Now
it's either Directv or the sports bar.

or homer tv online
yes you will need direct TV i live in the imperial valley which is 125 miles east from san diego and the only way im able to watch my NINERS is with Direct TV.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
southern california will give you s**t. maybe 1 or 2. best bet is to get Direct TV sunday ticket

Boy-- isn't that the truth. Now it's all Cowgirls every damn week. Unless we earned a couple more prime time games this season, Direct tv is the way to go or find a good sports bar.

How much does the package cost again???
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

Boy-- isn't that the truth. Now it's all Cowgirls every damn week. Unless we earned a couple more prime time games this season, Direct tv is the way to go or find a good sports bar.

Last time i heard the package was bout $300 for the season.........YIKES!!!!

Since 2002 the last time we made the playoffs cbs nor Fox shows love to our niners at best like ol boy said maybe 1 or 2 games per season.......
you'll be lucky to get 1 game, a miracle to get 2. I used HomerTV all last season.
  • JahCool
  • Info N/A
I believe they (LA) show a lot of the Raider games.
Originally posted by JahCool:

Ohh trust they do even if they suck b***s they still show that crap around here............makes me sick

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

Last time i heard the package was bout $300 for the season.........YIKES!!!!

Since 2002 the last time we made the playoffs cbs nor Fox shows love to our niners at best like ol boy said maybe 1 or 2 games per season.......

Let's see... 300 by 16 regular season games is 18.75. Now seeing that i drop close to double that everytime i visit a sports bar, there's now way my wife won't see the feasibility of this investment.
Originally posted by JahCool:
all you can see here is so cal is the raider & charger on CBS and the Cowgirls on FOX.
Can't you buy NFL games on the Dish Network?
Go to your local sports bar. Its more fun anyways.
Originally posted by kronik:
Can't you buy NFL games on the Dish Network?

nope nope, DirecTV and NFL have an EXCLUSIVE deal for NFL Sunday Ticket.
Share 49ersWebzone