There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bruce Unlikely To Return.....

Originally posted by Chief49er:
To be honest, I'm happy about this. I'm excited to see the young guys play.


Thanks for many years of hell Bruce!

I remember when Rice got hurt by Sapp, and 2 young WR's (Stokes and Owens) along with a young avg. WR (Singleton) stepped up against the Deion Sanders' of the world-So if he leaves so be it..
So. what we don't need him let the kids play!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by Chief49er:
To be honest, I'm happy about this. I'm excited to see the young guys play.


Thanks for many years of hell Bruce!

I remember when Rice got hurt by Sapp, and 2 young WR's (Stokes and Owens) along with a young avg. WR (Singleton) stepped up against the Deion Sanders' of the world-So if he leaves so be it..

Valid point, and good memory, but we don't have Steve Young back there slinging the ball to our young, unproven wideouts.
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope he doesn't return. I never really liked Bruce, he is kind of an a*****e anyways from what I have read about him in the media.

What the fact he doesn't talk much to media? How does that make him an a*****e?
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Well if Brandon Jones can Pan out for us like he's been talked about lately,

Then i guess we'd be fine, but we should also have some type of backup plan in case jones fails at WR.

I dont know about that one, cause his coach talked about him, and if you read between the lines of what it said, in reality he wasnt really sorry they let him loose. He said he has a great personality, which is a good thing, however he also stated and i dont think anyone picked up on and I quote, he's a "great practice player". his best season over the last four years was in 07 in which he caught 41 passes for 449 yards, and 0td's.

So i'm just wondering what you've heard that he's supposed to be panning out to be.
Damn this really does suck..........I really hoped he changed his mind and sticked around cuz i dont trust Brandon Jones & i love the young guys Morgan & Hill but what if all play like arnaz battle (like a slot receiver) not like a SOLID starting WR.
I also have a bad feeling that the niners arent even considering Holt , he'll prob sign with a AFC team when its all set & done............another great move my McCluessless.
THANKS DUMMY!!!!!
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Well if Brandon Jones can Pan out for us like he's been talked about lately,

Then i guess we'd be fine, but we should also have some type of backup plan in case jones fails at WR.

I dont know about that one, cause his coach talked about him, and if you read between the lines of what it said, in reality he wasnt really sorry they let him loose. He said he has a great personality, which is a good thing, however he also stated and i dont think anyone picked up on and I quote, he's a "great practice player". his best season over the last four years was in 07 in which he caught 41 passes for 449 yards, and 0td's.

So i'm just wondering what you've heard that he's supposed to be panning out to be.


Well if i can find the article again, basically i was reading that he was taking snaps at every position at WR, and that he looks pretty good, and could possibly be a starting WR,

And Jason hill and Battle are competing for that Slot WR Position. So it could very well be JOSH MORGAN and Brandon Jones at starting WR.
he was still the best wr on this team,as for drafting another wr mcclueless has already wasted enough picks on wr.--marshall-maxwell-williams all wasted picks.
I'm actually not very happy about this. Not only was he a great mentor for the younger guys, but I think everybody is forgeting that he was our clutch guy.

I think we're going to really be missing him in clutch and 3rd down situations. Thats just me though.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 27,175
Originally posted by 49erjoe:
he was still the best wr on this team,as for drafting another wr mcclueless has already wasted enough picks on wr.--marshall-maxwell-williams all wasted picks.

Nolan had final say on those picks not Scott and 3 of the 5 WR's we have taken in this regime were 5th 6th and 7th round picks. I don't see how that is wasting picks. 1 of the 3 late round guys has flashed (Morgan), Pretty good when you look at how many late round WR's amount to nothing. For s**ts and giggles let's look at the 4th-7th round picks from 2005 :

2005 - Of all the WR's taken from the 4th on only 1 has had some mild success Roydell Williams (out of 16 I believe).
should have kept Bryant Johnson...
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

THANKS DUMMY!!!!!

You seem to be the only one acting like a Dummy. Why not grow up and act like an adult instead of a whiney little kid?

-Bruce would only be holding back Hill and Morgan,so I have hoped all along that he did not return.
At some point don't you think it's time to move on with the future? Bruce is but a shadow of his former self. I love the guy but it's time to give our young bucks their chance. Bruce's presence, as well as Holt's, would only serve to hinder their development. Yeah, they'd be good mentors but nothing trumps playing experience. Jerry Rice would have been Jerry Rice regardless of whoever mentored him. Same with T.O. Let the kids hit the ground running. This year! It's time to move on.
Originally posted by jayb49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope he doesn't return. I never really liked Bruce, he is kind of an a*****e anyways from what I have read about him in the media.

What the fact he doesn't talk much to media? How does that make him an a*****e?

Yeah I'd say it is hard to call a devoted Christian an a*****e, especially since he's dedicated to being a reverend after he retires.

The dude isn't a talker. That's just how he is.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,148
Where is it written that Bruce is probably retiring?