There are 200 users in the forums

how optimistic are you for 09 season

Shop Find 49ers gear online

how optimistic are you for 09 season

• B650
  • Veteran
I'm optimistic that the Cardinals will have a letdown. I'm optimistic that the Seahawks lost Julian Peterson and Mike Holmgren so they'll have an off-year. The Rams, well, they're the Rams. So overall, I'm optimistic that we'll compete.
I am keeping it real this season 8-8 hoping for maybe a little bit more. We still have holes that need to be addressed RT , pass rush.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Hmmm, yup, about right: This illustration shows the rewards of positive thinking vs the "sour face" of pessimism!
I hate to be a stick in the mud but I am taking a wait and see approach to the 09 season.
  • gore4prez
  • Info N/A
not too sure . trying not to get my hopes up. i like gettting our fb back and signing evans. i will have my season preview ready after the draft.
I think the niners will have a better season than last year's lions but not as good as the 72 dolphins.

72 Dolphins > 49ers > lions
Originally posted by fister30:
I think the niners will have a better season than last year's lions but not as good as the 72 dolphins.

72 Dolphins > 49ers > 08 Lions

That is a bold statement and I would have to agree!

I am going to go on the record and say that we will win the NFC West.

I may not be a man of many post... but... you got to stick it out there sometimes.
i think we can go to the playoffs.
Depends on who's playing QB.

Alex Smith: We are in for a frustrating season. We don't need a guy who's going to be a stiff and second guessing himself back there only to result in relying on Gore 90% of the time.

Shaun Hill: At least 8 wins. He makes plays.

Huard: At least 8 wins. Huard isn't all that great but he's shown to be a very competent QB and all we need is a competent QB.
Its too early to tell, if we dont solidify our Leader, our QB,i.e. Shaun Hill and go in to camp uncertain just because then we go in with no real plan. then our results will be the same as every other year hoping and wasting time with all this wasted time about
what we see with this team. Shaun Hill needs to be the starter and go from there.

I was optimistic last year and was truly disapointed. I'm not going to go down that path again
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I was optimistic last year and was truly disapointed. I'm not going to go down that path again

I liked what I saw from JTO but I wasn't optimistic because there was still a question at QB. I even stated last year that I hate having a question mark at QB starting the season.

We MUST have a solid, consistent LEADER at QB. Alex has not proven to be consistent. Hill is the only QB who has shown to be the most consistent in his play. You know what you are going to get if he starts. We have no idea what we are going to get with Alex Smith and I don't want to depend on that 4 years in a row now at the QB position.
Quote:
i dont feel optimistic about this season, i think our offense is going to be jim hoslerish and very slow, we still got manusky so we will probably run a baskin robin vanilla style defense,, hopefully i am completely wrong

Don't worry you are. Do you know anything about football?

Jimmy Raye has kept employed in the NFL since 1977! There is a reason. He's a great judge of talent and very smart. Hostler? Were you looking in the mirror?
[ Edited by ezrider on Apr 1, 2009 at 4:36 PM ]
4-12
Originally posted by ezrider:
Quote:
i dont feel optimistic about this season, i think our offense is going to be jim hoslerish and very slow, we still got manusky so we will probably run a baskin robin vanilla style defense,, hopefully i am completely wrong

Don't worry you are. Do you know anything about football?

Jimmy Raye has kept employed in the NFL since 1977! There is a reason. He's a great judge of talent and very smart. Hostler? Were you looking in the mirror?

Raye has been wildly respected around the league as the God father of all OCs.

This year, he got lucky, Singletary will motivate Raye to the next level, for the first in Raye's career, he will receive multiple HC offers.
Share 49ersWebzone