LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Evans Just SIGNED CONTRACT with the 49ers!!! (Updated)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
LDE - Sopoaga/Evans
NT - Franklin/Balmer
RDE - Smith/McDonald
  • indianajim
  • Info N/A
Has anyone heard any more on this? It's weird. I expected some sort of announcement by now.
Originally posted by mayo63:
LDE - Sopoaga/Evans
NT - Franklin/Balmer
RDE - Smith/McDonald

Maybe Manusky and Coach Sing think the one-gap NT attack suits this team better than the 2-gap NT control. This front three scheme seems to lend itself to that fact.

As long as we apply pressure, cause TOs and sack the frickin QB, I don't have a problem with it.

I know everyone wants that 2-ton of fun NT like Grady, but it seems we have other intentions.

The problem with all this really is that the "trust" level of the fan base has diminished almost to the point of no return. We don't trust the org to do the right thing anymore. Therefore, we question everything, and I mean everything, they do even if it does fix the problem.

We shall see how the Jed, Scotty and Mike show fair.
Originally posted by indianajim:
Has anyone heard any more on this? It's weird. I expected some sort of announcement by now.

I think this whole Warner thing has probably delayed/put Evans on the backburner for a little bit but I think he will sign with us by the end of the week,
  • indianajim
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by indianajim:

I think this whole Warner thing has probably delayed/put Evans on the backburner for a little bit but I think he will sign with us by the end of the week,

Well last I knew he was having his physical on Monday, wasn't he? And they usually sign same day.
Do you guys know that, Kentwan Balmer #96 DE had only 7 takles for a 1st rounder that is horrable !
Originally posted by cNiner:
Do you guys know that, Kentwan Balmer #96 DE had only 7 takles for a 1st rounder that is horrable !

end of the 1st round and was playing a back up roll. he will start by mid-season this year.

dude balmer was what like the 28th pick? if you think your gonna get a rookie of the yr performance from a low dlineman 1st rd pick who is pretty much raw at this point your sadly mistaken. yes he didnt do much if anything but give him a break and dont judge him after the 1st yr
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hec26:

dude balmer was what like the 28th pick? if you think your gonna get a rookie of the yr performance from a low dlineman 1st rd pick who is pretty much raw at this point your sadly mistaken. yes he didnt do much if anything but give him a break and dont judge him after the 1st yr

True but Jason Hill had more tackles than him

Takes a little longer for DT's to develop. Go look at Glenn Dorsey's numbers and tell me if he's worth the 5th pick.

[ Edited by Watchutalkinbout on Mar 4, 2009 at 09:24:00 ]

Forget Evans
SIGN IGOR
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:

thats cuz hill is a beast
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:

thats cuz hill is a beast

When i saw that stat about Hill and Balmer i didnt know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Return2glory
  • Info N/A
Evans has left the building ... without a contract.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/03/evans-leaves-town-without-a-deal.html
Well maybe Igor Olashansky fits in the 49ers plans.....thats hope talking.
Share 49ersWebzone