Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Santa Clara stadium deadline Feb. 1

• Willis_isa_Beast
  • Info N/A
It looks close

http://www.globest.com/news/1341_1341/sanfrancisco/176726-1.html
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
What I don't understand is how in the heck did the Giants get a New Stadium but the 49ers cant? Football suppose to be America's #1 Sport!

Baseball blows!

The Giants got their stadium because they are sharing it jointly with the NYJets. I believe the NFL has said if the 9ers want money they'll have to look into sharing with the stinky Raiders.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
What I don't understand is how in the heck did the Giants get a New Stadium but the 49ers cant? Football suppose to be America's #1 Sport!

Baseball blows!

The Giants got their stadium because they are sharing it jointly with the NYJets. I believe the NFL has said if the 9ers want money they'll have to look into sharing with the stinky Raiders.

Sharing it with the Jets, lol
  • kodiak49er
  • Info N/A

Baseball blows!

im pretty sure thats the sf giants bud..........................
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willis_isa_Beast:
It looks close

http://www.globest.com/news/1341_1341/sanfrancisco/176726-1.html

Thanks, Willis. I owe you one.
Great hope it falls through and the niners play at the stick forever.... or maybe we could tear down the colosseum and build a new stadium in Oakland to share with our buddy AL!
Yeah let's share with the Raitards...

This way when we want to call the field "Walsh Field" and we have bronze statues of greats like Bill Walsh, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, ect, ect, we can have trashy scumbag fans vandalizing *our* stadium every other weekend...

Great idea....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I emailed the SC City Council and this is the response I got.

Quote:
Your email to the Mayor & City Council Offices was referred to my attention to look into your question and to respond to you.

Council asked staff to negotiate with the 49ers on their proposal for a football stadium on City-owned property, and to try to conclude the negotiations by February 1, 2009. The date was a goal, not a requirement. Negotiations between the City and the team have been ongoing, and we hope to develop a Term Sheet which outlines the basic understandings related to financing, the guarantees of all involved parties, and governance structure for the proposed project, over the next month or so. We would then bring the Term Sheet to the Santa Clara City Council for consideration. Should Council decide that the project Term Sheet makes sense for the City of Santa Clara, then the stadium proposal would be placed on a municipal ballot for our citizens to vote on the matter.

At this time, I cannot say with any certainty which date the matter will return to our City Council, but am guessing that it could be in the next month or two.

Sincerely,
Carol McCarthy
Deputy City Manager

Baseball blows!

There is no longer any NFL money available. That fund has been exhausted.

It is becoming more and more clear that given the combined issues of the economy and the anti-sports mentality of the Bay Area, that they only way EITHER team gets a new place is if they combine their resources and build it ALL with entirely PRIVATE money. It is highly unlikely that any public vote will approve the use of public funds to build a sports facility in this market.

It is Al & Jed together or nothing. I don't care for Kawakami all that much but his column linked today is right on target.
  • ZRF80
yay...