There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Santa Clara stadium deadline Feb. 1

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I was watching LA Ink last night, I know, ghey right? Anyway, the chick was tattooing some dude who designs pro stadiums. While he was getting tattoo'd, chatting it up, he mentioned that he was in the process of designing an "NFL Stadium for Los Angeles". Hmmmmmmmmmm

although the LA niners just doenst sound right, i wouldnt mind it too much, i live in LA and can go to all the home games. Plus, LA is a better market and the niners would get alot more attention.

Let the bashing begin lololol

lol no its not....LA sucks. thats why they havent had a team. theres way too much crap to do down there. people dont give a crap about sports. the Rams and Raiders had to move because the fanbase sucked.

LA, as big as it is, cant support an NFL team. the NFL is going to force one there anyways, but the 49ers are much better off up here. the ENTIRE bay area, which is about 6 million people, loves them.

If the NFL just wants a big city with a lot of NFL fans they should move to Mexico City it has 17,400,000 in its city alone.

compared to 11,789,000 in LA
I was watching LA Ink last night, I know, ghey right? Anyway, the chick was tattooing some dude who designs pro stadiums. While he was getting tattoo'd, chatting it up, he mentioned that he was in the process of designing an "NFL Stadium for Los Angeles". Hmmmmmmmmmm

although the LA niners just doenst sound right, i wouldnt mind it too much, i live in LA and can go to all the home games. Plus, LA is a better market and the niners would get alot more attention.

lol no its not....LA sucks. thats why they havent had a team. theres way too much crap to do down there. people dont give a crap about sports. the Rams and Raiders had to move because the fanbase sucked.

LA, as big as it is, cant support an NFL team. the NFL is going to force one there anyways, but the 49ers are much better off up here. the ENTIRE bay area, which is about 6 million people, loves them.

I wish this were true but every time i see a niner game, there are about 20,000 visiting team fans in the stadium.

the majority of the fanbase doesnt live near the stadium. were all in SJ and spread out in N California. and when the team was playing like crap, who wants to drive all that way to watch that? honestly, the game is much nicer from your plasma screen. better views, you find out whats going on quickly, free food, free beer, comfortable couch. a game now and then is cool, but i enjoy it more from my house.
Let's just get a damn stadium deal done so we can start building!!!
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Man, I hope that's for the LA Vikings, and not the LA 49ers.

Not selling out playoff games is a pretty bad sign for them. But I still worry about losing our team to LA.

My bet would the Jags.

Now THIS, is sad!! Bash, bash, dumber & dumber!!!!!!!!!

I wish this were true but every time i see a niner game, there are about 20,000 visiting team fans in the stadium.

the majority of the fanbase doesnt live near the stadium. were all in SJ and spread out in N California. and when the team was playing like crap, who wants to drive all that way to watch that? honestly, the game is much nicer from your plasma screen. better views, you find out whats going on quickly, free food, free beer, comfortable couch. a game now and then is cool, but i enjoy it more from my house.

You still have to buy the food and drinks bro, and....

There is NOTHING like the Gladiatorial Splendor of a live game, especially if you are sitting close to it..

Nothing like the camaraderie in the lot before and after, especially if they win..
Etc........ etc
NINERS!!

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jan 9, 2009 at 19:56:08 ]

Not selling out playoff games is a pretty bad sign for them. But I still worry about losing our team to LA.

If it was the 49ers, they wouldn't take the name. Just all our players.
this website will explode into civil war if the 49ers moved to LA........
There is no way the Niners will move down to L.A.

I think the Chargers are going to end up in L.A. where they started
Originally posted by WestCoast:

If it was the 49ers, they wouldn't take the name. Just all our players.

Believe me the people here in frisco wouldn't let the niners leave without a fight. The politicians here will fight to keep the team as much as possible. The yorks will get to keep all the players never the name. I would lmao if they try to move to La and named it la thunder.
What I don't understand is how in the heck did the Giants get a New Stadium but the 49ers cant? Football suppose to be America's #1 Sport!

Baseball blows!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
What I don't understand is how in the heck did the Giants get a New Stadium but the 49ers cant? Football suppose to be America's #1 Sport!

Baseball blows!

because the Giants stadium was privately funded, all costs were covered by the ownership.
Originally posted by ninermaniac:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Baseball blows!

because the Giants stadium was privately funded, all costs were covered by the ownership.

Our owners suck then! They got MONEY! Spend it dammit
  • kodiak49er
  • Info N/A
i hope the team stays in sf. we need a new house, but not down there damnit.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Does anyone have any news on the supposed Santa Clara council meeting? It supposably was to take place on the 1st of February. I've yet to hear any news. Another delay I suppose?