LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
how will he be passed his prime in 3 or 3 more seasons? he is young. Plus, sing is looking for a new oc to call more running plays just for gore. i would never trade him, but draft another qb and have him play in a couple of series.

Gore will be 28 in three years... Kinda old for RB standards... Not quite over the hill yet but defenintly getting there..

once you have another RB playng some series, it will allow gore to play more years.
Originally posted by Chief49er:
Where is my permaBAN button?

Hey... We let Montanna go... It's not that far fetched. Big name runners have been traded before.
Originally posted by FriscoGold:
yes. Exactly as you stated. The Salary Cap Era of the NFL is all timing. You aim for windows of years you can make a Championship run.....anyone who does not fit into the next window of opportunity is expendable.

But, the Niners are not interested in championships, just mediocrity; so they will keep Gore as long as he can help them sell jerseys and help the Niners send 1-3 players to the Pro Bowl each season.

Now what makes you say that? If they traded gore, you might have something. You dont trade away your best player unless you really are looking for mediocracy. he is the teams centerpiece and you build the team around him.

That also means getting another back to help him too.
how will he be passed his prime in 3 or 3 more seasons? he is young. Plus, sing is looking for a new oc to call more running plays just for gore. i would never trade him, but draft another qb and have him play in a couple of series.

Gore will be 28 in three years... Kinda old for RB standards... Not quite over the hill yet but defenintly getting there..

once you have another RB playng some series, it will allow gore to play more years.

That would be great if we actually let someone else besides Gore run the ball.. He's been are everything for the past 4 seasons. RB's lose tread on the tires very quickly.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
For a first rounder, Yes! However, no team would make that deal.

Time is clicking for Gore. He probably has three more good years, and that is about it.

Worked for the Cowboys. It depends on what you get in return.
I would for a 1st round pick, or Adrian Peterson!
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
I would trade him. its clear weve found our running back of the future in clayton. hes just resting for next year.

seriously this is whats wrong with the nfl and some fans. gore gives us everything he has and you guys want to give him up for a draft pick? whats next trade willis because he could bring back two first round picks. Ill take the proven player.

and for the people that said yes who would be our running back next year
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Other than a franchise QB under 30, ANYONE is tradable. Unless you have one, then in all liklihood you don't have a great chance to win it all. Even if we hit it lucky this year on a QB, by the time he is elite, Frank will be gone. It just depends on what you can get for them. I seriously doubt you would ever get fair value for him as who would give it to you for a back that has already logged 4 seasons? It would have to be a team that is missing only that one piece, but that piece is almost never a RB. The better move would be to draft one this year and team them, lengthening his career and having a guy to go to when it's over, like what MJD did for Fred Taylor.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Gore has been like a Curtis Martin type of player recently: not flashy, not very many huge runs, but consistently guts out upper echelon yards per run, which is extremely valuable.

I don't remember him being like this in 2006. In '06, he was constantly busting out huge runs.

This is my perception. I haven't looked at stats to confirm the above.

I think its too early to let him go. Walsh was famous for trading players one year before they hit the wall. He had a keen sense for when that was. Right now it's too soon.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I would only trade Frank Gore for a premier established STAR player.

Not for draft picks, because we'd probably f**k that up.

That would be great if we actually let someone else besides Gore run the ball.. He's been are everything for the past 4 seasons. RB's lose tread on the tires very quickly.

thats why we shouldl draft another rb if clayton doenst have what it takes.
Originally posted by MADMIKE:
I would trade him. its clear weve found our running back of the future in clayton. hes just resting for next year.

seriously this is whats wrong with the nfl and some fans. gore gives us everything he has and you guys want to give him up for a draft pick? whats next trade willis because he could bring back two first round picks. Ill take the proven player.

and for the people that said yes who would be our running back next year

It's also been proven that RB's are a dime a dozen. You can usally always find productive runners in the mid rounds of the draft. Hell the guy from Greenbay wasn't even drafted and look how he's doing
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
I would for a 1st round pick, or Adrian Peterson!

trade VD to Adrian. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I could. Hell, I'd j**z my pants if it happened
  • Veteran
Absolutely, we traded Montana, if the price is right then why not.

Average life expectancy of a running back in the NFL was around four years, last time I checked. Work it out for yourself
Share 49ersWebzone