LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Eric Heitmann is a Good Football Player

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
eric heitman is an average center........

But according to some in this thread, if our center doesn't dominate his man on EVERY single play, he's horrible, possibly the worst center in the league. LOL.

Mrs. Heitmann is that you?
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by moopoo:
A breakdown from MM:

"If I had to rank their performances based on this game, from best to worst, I'd go: Heitmann, Staley, Baas, Rachal and Snyder."

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2008/11/closer-look-at-o-line-play-against-dallas.html

On that 3rd and goal, Heitmann got blown up. Ask Alex about that. LA is equally to blame on the Bernard play.

Heitmann is a smart guy. He is technically sound. However, when he gets blown up it is obvious and at bad time.

I don't know why there are 6 pages defending the guy. He's no Randy Cross or Jesse Sapolu or Newberry.

Look, I'm not a Heitmann fan, but I am a fan of the truth. Heitmann did NOT get "blown up" on that third down play. He blocked left to double team the DE with Bass. Rachal went right and Ratliff went up the middle untouched. That is obvious miscommunication.

Of which it is crucial that the center must make sure that he gets the message out to the line about the assigned blocking scheme for the play. The guy is over rated. He has been the starter here long enough to at the least have the proper technique downpat, amongst other things he fails at.

So you're assuming that Heitmann (a six year starter) failed to communicate, and the ROOKIE right guard is exempt from blame?

So, you are assuming that the Center did a great job on the play , and did everything text perfect ? He is the Captain, and should make sure everyone is on the same page. Sapolu,Cross, andNewberry, guys like those are far superior to what Heitman offers us. We have above averagePAY, for a slightly below average center.

The most LIKELY scenario is that the ROOKIE made a mistake! Making the right call is easy, but it's the other guys job to understand it and execute it. Rachal is a ROOKIE starting his first game in a pressure situation, so he probably made a mistake.

So, have you abandoned you're orignal theory that Heitmann "got blown up?" LOL.

I was referring to the other 3rd and goal when he actually got blown up. But, thanks for showing this pic on the other one to show that he screwed up that one (communication) too.

Oh, you mean this one where the ball was snapped at the 1 and Heitmann is now 2 yards down field? This is what you call "blown up?"

If the ball was snapped at the 1 and he was 2 yards down field, mister nitpicker, wouldn't that put him 1 yard in the end zone. I "nitipicker" is a person that "picks nits" i.e. would comb lice out of a child's hair, because the lice larvae is a nit.

He's blocking his own man to the exclusion of the Cowboy player.

And where is the QB?

Let me try and cut through your BS. Heitmann snapped the ball at the 1 yard line, in the photo his right foot is on the 3 yard line, thus putting him 2 yards downfield.
He his blocking Ratliff while Gore is running into him from behind. Is that clear?

Must be the new math.

I never directly called your posts "BS". I said there were some that were butt hurt about defending Heitmann. Surprise, Surprise Gomer you pop up.

You, sir, have just proven my point. You call 2 yards backwards 2 yards forward. There is no winning with people that are blind Heitmann lovers.

Wow. I'll refrain from insulting you, but you might want to do a little research to determine which direction the play is going. LOL.
A breakdown from MM:

"If I had to rank their performances based on this game, from best to worst, I'd go: Heitmann, Staley, Baas, Rachal and Snyder."

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2008/11/closer-look-at-o-line-play-against-dallas.html

On that 3rd and goal, Heitmann got blown up. Ask Alex about that. LA is equally to blame on the Bernard play.

Heitmann is a smart guy. He is technically sound. However, when he gets blown up it is obvious and at bad time.

I don't know why there are 6 pages defending the guy. He's no Randy Cross or Jesse Sapolu or Newberry.

Look, I'm not a Heitmann fan, but I am a fan of the truth. Heitmann did NOT get "blown up" on that third down play. He blocked left to double team the DE with Bass. Rachal went right and Ratliff went up the middle untouched. That is obvious miscommunication.

Of which it is crucial that the center must make sure that he gets the message out to the line about the assigned blocking scheme for the play. The guy is over rated. He has been the starter here long enough to at the least have the proper technique downpat, amongst other things he fails at.

So you're assuming that Heitmann (a six year starter) failed to communicate, and the ROOKIE right guard is exempt from blame?

So, you are assuming that the Center did a great job on the play , and did everything text perfect ? He is the Captain, and should make sure everyone is on the same page. Sapolu,Cross, andNewberry, guys like those are far superior to what Heitman offers us. We have above averagePAY, for a slightly below average center.

The most LIKELY scenario is that the ROOKIE made a mistake! Making the right call is easy, but it's the other guys job to understand it and execute it. Rachal is a ROOKIE starting his first game in a pressure situation, so he probably made a mistake.

I was referring to the other 3rd and goal when he actually got blown up. But, thanks for showing this pic on the other one to show that he screwed up that one (communication) too.

Oh, you mean this one where the ball was snapped at the 1 and Heitmann is now 2 yards down field? This is what you call "blown up?"

If the ball was snapped at the 1 and he was 2 yards down field, mister nitpicker, wouldn't that put him 1 yard in the end zone. I "nitipicker" is a person that "picks nits" i.e. would comb lice out of a child's hair, because the lice larvae is a nit.

And where is the QB?

Let me try and cut through your BS. Heitmann snapped the ball at the 1 yard line, in the photo his right foot is on the 3 yard line, thus putting him 2 yards downfield.
He his blocking Ratliff while Gore is running into him from behind. Is that clear?

Must be the new math.

I never directly called your posts "BS". I said there were some that were butt hurt about defending Heitmann. Surprise, Surprise Gomer you pop up.

You, sir, have just proven my point. You call 2 yards backwards 2 yards forward. There is no winning with people that are blind Heitmann lovers.

Wow. I'll refrain from insulting you, but you might want to do a little research to determine which direction the play is going. LOL.

You already did.
A breakdown from MM:

And where is the QB?

Must be the new math.

You already did.

Ok - just for the sake of entertainment, please show me where I insulted you. Who's "butt hurt" now?

[ Edited by 09etihW on Nov 27, 2008 at 13:14:41 ]

But according to some in this thread, if our center doesn't dominate his man on EVERY single play, he's horrible, possibly the worst center in the league. LOL.

I guess when you can't win with intelligent discourse, you can always revert to childish namecalling. I feel bad for you.
A breakdown from MM:

And where is the QB?

A breakdown from MM:

And where is the QB?

I guess when you can't win with intelligent discourse, you can always revert to childish namecalling. I feel bad for you.

As soon as you bring intelligent discourse. I'll be willing to listen. Read EVERY [i like to try to belittle persons with unwitty sarcasm because I am an internet tough guy] one of your posts and come back and post rationally, if you are one that has not thrown stones.

Me, I will come right at ya.
A breakdown from MM:

And where is the QB?

You laugh at your own posts?

I thought I was the only one that did.

As soon as you bring intelligent discourse. I'll be willing to listen. Read EVERY [i like to try to belittle persons with unwitty sarcasm because I am an internet tough guy] one of your posts and come back and post rationally, if you are one that has not thrown stones.

I don't need to read every one of my posts, I wrote them. I am only interested in the truth, which doesn't really seem to concern you. If you're going to make ridiculous statements like, "Heitmann got blown up" then be prepared to defend them. You are the one who needs to go back and read the posts. It is you who brought the childish attitude, not me.

A breakdown from MM:

I don't need to read every one of my posts, I wrote them. I am only interested in the truth, which doesn't really seem to concern you. If you're going to make ridiculous statements like, "Heitmann got blown up" then be prepared to defend them. You are the one who needs to go back and read the posts. It is you who brought the childish attitude, not me.

^^^^^ that was my post. I'll stand by that every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

How do you define "the truth". Is the truth that Rocky Bernard steamrolled your boy to sack Alex Smith.

Here are just a few of your intelligent gems:

"Boy there are some people on here getting butt hurt because we criticize "The Stud", the Captain of the OL."

"mister nitpicker, wouldn't that put him 1 yard in the end zone. I "nitipicker" is a person that "picks nits" i.e. would comb lice out of a child's hair, because the lice larvae is a nit."

"Surprise, Surprise Gomer you pop up."

"Mrs. Heitmann is that you? "

"i like to try to belittle persons with unwitty sarcasm because I am an internet tough guy"

Here are just a few of your intelligent gems:

"Boy there are some people on here getting butt hurt because we criticize "The Stud", the Captain of the OL."

"mister nitpicker, wouldn't that put him 1 yard in the end zone. I "nitipicker" is a person that "picks nits" i.e. would comb lice out of a child's hair, because the lice larvae is a nit."

"Surprise, Surprise Gomer you pop up."

"Mrs. Heitmann is that you? "

"i like to try to belittle persons with unwitty sarcasm because I am an internet tough guy"

4 out 5 dentists choose trident

[ Edited by wysiwyg on Nov 27, 2008 at 13:38:21 ]
Share 49ersWebzone