LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Eric Heitmann is a Good Football Player

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yes he is. he pancaked the s**t out of someone today. was hella rude with it, threw that b*****d into the ground hard!!!
Okay, Dog, you deserve this, especially when you stood by a guy , as you said, you really aren't that big a fan of. YOu were right, i was wrong. Heitmann played stupendously, kept the D away from shaun, no sacks, no fumbles, great pulling, nailed his man plus the LB on several plays, and overall just looked superb. Good call, man, i just never saw what you did...until today. My sincere apologies to you and especially to heitmann, who i have given a really bad rap to. No question, our OC had them guessing wrong all day, shaun played lites out, but our entire OL looked like the wonder boys. They could not have played better. i have never been more proud of our team than today, and especially the OL which i have berated. Apologies to all, and to you , Dog. You were right. i was stupid. A more complete apology is in a nearby thread, "a time to eat crow", which i also tipped my hat to you and heitmann in.

It never felt so good to say, "i was wrong".
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Okay, Dog, you deserve this, especially when you stood by a guy , as you said, you really aren't that big a fan of. YOu were right, i was wrong. Heitmann played stupendously, kept the D away from shaun, no sacks, no fumbles, great pulling, nailed his man plus the LB on several plays, and overall just looked superb. Good call, man, i just never saw what you did...until today. My sincere apologies to you and especially to heitmann, who i have given a really bad rap to. No question, our OC had them guessing wrong all day, shaun played lites out, but our entire OL looked like the wonder boys. They could not have played better. i have never been more proud of our team than today, and especially the OL which i have berated. Apologies to all, and to you , Dog. You were right. i was stupid. A more complete apology is in a nearby thread, "a time to eat crow", which i also tipped my hat to you and heitmann in.

It never felt so good to say, "i was wrong".

Hey, I gladly eat crow every time I see Hill strap on a helmet.

Some unknown, deranged poster....said last season that people would be chanting for Chris Weinke after seeing a few series with Shaun Hill.

I happily eat that crow early and often every Sunday.

Cheers.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
The weak link is undoubtably Snyder at this point.
However, a RT is not a very difficult position to fill, with the draft and free agency.

I like Snyder in that backup role, across the line.

no question.
snyder looks like a great guy to have as 1st off the bench at 4 spots.
that is a VERY VALUABLE thing to have.
could we see rachal at RT next year?
he seems to have all the physical tools.
it should be easier to draft a RG of the future than a RT of the future,
and i'm not sure that wasnt the thinking when we took rachal.

Agreed. If Rachal has the lateral speed, he could be the solution at RT. Then, we could simply draft a RG, or go for some one in free agency.

We'll have to see what the Niners do this offseason, before the draft, with Rachal in their training facility. If they can see enough speed, and the footwork to get it done, then the shift can be official.

I remember a certain someone hated that Rachal pick

cheers

[ Edited by dhp318 on Dec 7, 2008 at 20:40:10 ]
Originally posted by dhp318:
However, a RT is not a very difficult position to fill, with the draft and free agency.

no question.

Agreed. If Rachal has the lateral speed, he could be the solution at RT. Then, we could simply draft a RG, or go for some one in free agency.

We'll have to see what the Niners do this offseason, before the draft, with Rachal in their training facility. If they can see enough speed, and the footwork to get it done, then the shift can be official.

cheers

Keeping tabs on me?

We'll see how it plays out, but if he continues to develop, and the young Niners' receivers continue to grow, the lost opportunity for a Eddie Royal or DeSean Jackson will slowly evaporate.

I still think the Niners reached for Rachal. To me, I thought the difference between Rachal, and Donald Thomas, who I graded as a third rounder (was selected in the 6th by Miami, and was starting, before he went down with a season ending injury) was very small.

Of course, if he converts to RT, which would be a huge boost for this team, then his value dramatically increases.

Rachal is making very good strides. Now, it is time to get Balmer and Smith going.

no question.

cheers

Keeping tabs on me?

We'll see how it plays out, but if he continues to develop, and the young Niners' receivers continue to grow, the lost opportunity for a Eddie Royal or DeSean Jackson will slowly evaporate.

I still think the Niners reached for Rachal. To me, I thought the difference between Rachal, and Donald Thomas, who I graded as a third rounder (was selected in the 6th by Miami, and was starting, before he went down with a season ending injury) was very small.

Of course, if he converts to RT, which would be a huge boost for this team, then his value dramatically increases.

Rachal is making very good strides. Now, it is time to get Balmer and Smith going.

if he's in the pro bowl in 2 years, is it still a reach?
Heitmann did great. Finally I saw him playing the way he did before he broke his leg. This is the Heitmann we've been waiting for. In the past, something was lacking. Not the case.

The entire OL looked good today, aside from the one unfortunate holding call on Staley.. (his heads-up TD recovery before that evened it out).
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

no question.

cheers

Keeping tabs on me?

if he's in the pro bowl in 2 years, is it still a reach?

No Pro-Bowl player is a reach.

I see nice signs of growth the last couple of weeks. However, we are only two weeks removed from the "bad game" comment from Singletary. There are plenty of growing pains to come.
Heitmann seems to be playing better as the season has progressed. The fibula injury slowed him for one year, but his technique, lateral recovery speed, and physicality with the pancake on Jenkins is nice to see as a Niners fan. Rachal seems like he's by far the most athletic (also youngest) of the O-line and will only blossom with time and reps. The RT situation is one that needs to be rectified if we want to make this a great O-line.

[ Edited by Ninerwinner on Dec 7, 2008 at 21:16:46 ]
I can't believe how well Heitmann played. He was unbelievable.

It was the best game I've seen him play.
He's always been good at pulling and blocking at the second level, but I've never once (perhaps I missed it) seen him physically neutralize a player of Jenkins size and strength.
He got bulled only once or twice the whole game.

I said this game would say a lot about Heitmann, and what it said was, "Heitmann is a good football player".

But to be fair and just, David Baas and Chilo Rachal deserve HUGE credit for dominating as well.

In fact, I think our line played so well, I would have expected MORE from Hill and Gore.

Snyder got off to a good start, but struggled a bit in the second half.
Foster is simply not good enough.

We need to draft a running back in the middle rounds to take care of depth and bring a change of pace.
Since we apparently don't like Clayton (if our coaches don't like him yet, then they never will) we need to bring someone in to backup Gore.

We just need a RT and we are set.

Poor Snyder never gets any credit. They move him around all over the place, he is blocking pretty damn well considering the merry-go-round they have had him on. But even at his best he is not what we need to solidify the RT position. In fact, I still think his best position is LT. He is a fantastic backup type.

Defensively we still need to figure out what type of defense we want to run.
Are Haralson and Green good enough?
What are we doing with Lawson?
What are we doing with Justin Smith?
Ray McDonald is really tough to block one-on-one, but he is just marginal against a double team.
Balmer looks like he just wants to swat the ball out of the air, like he's playing beach volleyball or something. He takes two steps and then sticks his arm up.

Shore up RT, get a backup running back, get another star on defense and we will be a darn good team.

• dj43
Domination.

Jenkins: 1 tackle, 0 pressures.

Once again, I isolated Heitmann today, and he played very, very well.

This should once and for all end the argument. You would have to be a fool to say that Heitmann is not a good football player.

What argument?

Not only did he play well, he seemed to have the rest of the line in the correct calls to give Hill tons of time. As I focused on the middle of the line, it just looked like these guys had suddenly matured.

Good day. I'm tired...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No one had to tell me Heitmann was a solid player. I took notice when he held big ass Jamal Williams without a tackle, ok maybe Jamal had one tackle.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

He's always been good at pulling and blocking at the second level, but I've never once (perhaps I missed it) seen him physically neutralize a player of Jenkins size and strength.

I said this game would say a lot about Heitmann, and what it said was, "Heitmann is a good football player".

But to be fair and just, David Baas and Chilo Rachal deserve HUGE credit for dominating as well.

In fact, I think our line played so well, I would have expected MORE from Hill and Gore.

We need to draft a running back in the middle rounds to take care of depth and bring a change of pace.
Since we apparently don't like Clayton (if our coaches don't like him yet, then they never will) we need to bring someone in to backup Gore.

Poor Snyder never gets any credit. They move him around all over the place, he is blocking pretty damn well considering the merry-go-round they have had him on. But even at his best he is not what we need to solidify the RT position. In fact, I still think his best position is LT. He is a fantastic backup type.

Ray McDonald is really tough to block one-on-one, but he is just marginal against a double team.
Balmer looks like he just wants to swat the ball out of the air, like he's playing beach volleyball or something. He takes two steps and then sticks his arm up.

Shore up RT, get a backup running back, get another star on defense and we will be a darn good team.

Snyder has done his part... I didnt expect him to be a good tackle, or guard, or whatever position he happens to play. He's sufficient when called upon. Both he and Wragge are perfect backups for this team. We just need another tackle to have a solid O-line. nothing great, but solid.
  • dj43
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Snyder has done his part... I didnt expect him to be a good tackle, or guard, or whatever position he happens to play. He's sufficient when called upon. Both he and Wragge are perfect backups for this team. We just need another tackle to have a solid O-line. nothing great, but solid.
Snyder played his best game of the year yesterday. He was solid, not spectacular. Rachal played his best game as well, but Heitmann was clearly the OL star yesterday against one of the very best NTs in the game.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Snyder played his best game of the year yesterday. He was solid, not spectacular. Rachal played his best game as well, but Heitmann was clearly the OL star yesterday against one of the very best NTs in the game.

you might want to rewatch the game a couple more times. maybe watch the snaps in slo mo.
snyder really struggled. delanie had trouble blocking too.
also, watch rachal when he was left one on one with jenkins. WOW!!!
foster didnt do much when he was asked to step in.
the only other guy i'd say really seemed to struggle was my boy k.balmer.
he just doesnt seem to be showing progress yet.
hopefully it will click for him this offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone