There are 373 users in the forums

Eric Heitmann is a Good Football Player

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Here's one more myth
MadDog49er is a good NFL evaluator

Take the challenge. Dare to embrace the truth.

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD
@ DAL L 22-35 14 26 1.9 7 0

2-4-DAL 4 (:49) 21-F.Gore up the middle to DAL 4 for no gain (90-J.Ratliff; 55-Z.Thomas).
3-8-SF 3 (9:05) 21-F.Gore up the middle to SF 3 for no gain (90-J.Ratliff).

HUGE play!! inside the 5 you need to move the pile

and the play where Ratliff went untouched is all on Heitmann. He sets up the blocking assignments.
It's not like he hasn't done that before (see: Alex Smith injury)

The second play you listed was from the Niners's 3 yard line, not the Dallas 3 yard line. And, it was a 3rd and 8 play. Not a 3rd and goal.

I already chronicled the first play you listed as one of his weakest plays of the game.

The bias against Heitmann is out of control. Nobody every seems to blame Wragge, Baas, Snyder in short line situation. It is always the guy snapping the ball to the center. If someone can explain why none of the other guys get mentioned in this lack of surge, I would appreciate it.
Nice post maddog.

lol at you saying that ratliff is good cause (in addition to other reasons) he was put on the horse trailer.

I getting put on the horse trailer just means you had a good game.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Nice post maddog.

lol at you saying that ratliff is good cause (in addition to other reasons) he was put on the horse trailer.

I getting put on the horse trailer just means you had a good game.

Ratliff had a dominant game against the Redskins last week, and then was neutralized for almost all of the game by the Niners. That is one reason why Heitmann should be praised, not scorned.
Here's one more myth

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

2-4-DAL 4 (:49) 21-F.Gore up the middle to DAL 4 for no gain (90-J.Ratliff; 55-Z.Thomas).

and the play where Ratliff went untouched is all on Heitmann. He sets up the blocking assignments.

The second play you listed was from the Niners's 3 yard line, not the Dallas 3 yard line. And, it was a 3rd and 8 play. Not a 3rd and goal.

I already chronicled the first play you listed as one of his weakest plays of the game.

The bias against Heitmann is out of control. Nobody every seems to blame Wragge, Baas, Snyder in short line situation. It is always the guy snapping the ball to the center. If someone can explain why none of the other guys get mentioned in this lack of surge, I would appreciate it.

I know what i said
I know it was on our side of the field
You still need to push the pile if not for a first down to at least give Lee some room

As for your second point
I agree they are all responsible for this
Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

but who is the one you always see knocked back
Heitmann

There is a reason why our run game improves when Wragge is at center
Here's one more myth

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

I think you have a biased opinion of Heitman is out of control too. Because I can not see the game again, I will DVR the rest of them. But I do know that though Heitman has decent highlights at part of his game, he is not a good center because he does not win the battles that he should consistently. and he always has been that way, nothing changed. A sporadic good play now and then is not going to help the team win against the better teams of the NFL, bet on it. As you even say, they were backed up against their own goal line, and he failed when it counted the most, that always has been the history with him. All of the decent plays in between means nothing when you can not count on him, when you need it the most.

[ Edited by moopoo on Nov 25, 2008 at 18:34:07 ]
Here's one more myth

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

I know what i said
You still need to push the pile if not for a first down to at least give Lee some room

As for your second point
Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

Heitmann

There was not one play in the game where Heitmann was knocked back. That is another myth to debunk. Not one time.
Originally posted by moopoo:
Here's one more myth

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

I think you have a biased opinion of Heitman is out of control too. Because I can not see the game again, I will DVR the rest of them. But I do know that though Heitman has decent highlights at part of his game, he is not a good center because he does not win the battles that he should consistently. and he always has been that way, nothing changed. A sporadic good play now and then is not going to help the team win against the better teams of the NFL, bet on it. As you even say, they were backed up against thier own goal line, and he failed when it counted the most, that always has been the history with him. All of the decent plays in between menas nothing when you can not count on him when you need it the most.

So, you are implaying that it is solely Heitmann's fault for the problems at the goal line. Hill's pathetic percentage. Rachal possibly being the one who missed the assignment.

My question again: Why does it always fall on Heitmann, and Heitmann alone? It is a sloppy argument.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Nov 25, 2008 at 18:35:01 ]
Here's one more myth

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

I know what i said

As for your second point
Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

Heitmann

There was not one play in the game where Heitmann was knocked back. That is another myth to debunk. Not one time.

That is a down right lie. And there also wasnt a time when he went forward.
Here's one more myth

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

I think you have a biased opinion of Heitman is out of control too. Because I can not see the game again, I will DVR the rest of them. But I do know that though Heitman has decent highlights at part of his game, he is not a good center because he does not win the battles that he should consistently. and he always has been that way, nothing changed. A sporadic good play now and then is not going to help the team win against the better teams of the NFL, bet on it. As you even say, they were backed up against their own goal line, and he failed when it counted the most, that always has been the history with him. All of the decent plays in between means nothing when you can not count on him, when you need it the most.

And next week, you will be shocked to see how well he plays the game. Trust me. He is very good.

As I stated earlier, he is one of the best DT's in the NFL, and for almost the entire game, Ratliff was neutralized.
  • Pintor49
  • Info N/A
Heitman will be a backup next season move Baas over to C. No push from our Center, always gets pushed back. Doesn't provide a pocket for the qb. Sign a FA G next season. I don't know why we signed him to an extension.

Here's one more myth

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

I think you have a biased opinion of Heitman is out of control too. Because I can not see the game again, I will DVR the rest of them. But I do know that though Heitman has decent highlights at part of his game, he is not a good center because he does not win the battles that he should consistently. and he always has been that way, nothing changed. A sporadic good play now and then is not going to help the team win against the better teams of the NFL, bet on it. As you even say, they were backed up against thier own goal line, and he failed when it counted the most, that always has been the history with him. All of the decent plays in between menas nothing when you can not count on him when you need it the most.

So, you are implaying that it is solely Heitmann's fault for the problems at the goal line. Hill's pathetic percentage. Rachal possibly being the one who missed the assignment.

My question again: Why does it always fall on Heitmann, and Heitmann alone? It is a sloppy argument.

We both know that Chilo did not miss that block, Heitman did. Since you have the game saved go back and watch the play again. He doubled down and blocked with Baas. Then he realized what he had done and turned and watched Ratliff run right by him. Then watch his body language. He blew it!
Here's one more myth

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

And next week, you will be shocked to see how well he plays the game. Trust me. He is very good.

As I stated earlier, he is one of the best DT's in the NFL, and for almost the entire game, Ratliff was neutralized.

Thats very interesting, but I want to see him win his battle when things are on the line, and so far he has not accomplished that, so if he does, and I find out by scrutinizing each play he is what you say, I will be on board.
Here's one more myth

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

http://www.nfl.com/players/gamelogs?id=RAT586227
WOW HE'S A MONSTER
HOW CAN ANYONE CONTAIN HIM!!!!

Here's one more myth

Frank Gore
Att Yds Avg Lng TD

LOL

1.Haynesworth
2. Jamal Williams
3. Rocky Bernard
4. Kelly Gregg
5. Casey Hampton
6. Shawn Rogers
7. Darnell Dockett
8. Pat Williams
9. Kevin Williams
10. Vince Wilfork
11. Tommy Harris
12. John Henderson

All of these players are better than Ratliff. Shall I keep going because he isnt even close to one of the best in the NFL!
Watch Heitmann against the Seahawks, Cards, Giants, Philly, where he just got dominated inside, the defender constantly had a jump on him, some of had to do with his strenght and some of it with the snap count, he never helps himself either since he keeps his head down the whole time and as soon as he goes to lift his head, the balls gets snapped.

He's better fitted as a guard then a center, imo, he just lacks the strenght against some of these bigger monsters in the NFL today.

As previously stated we run a power block scheme not a zone, and that sure isn't his strenght. He was a fine guard and pretty good center 'till his knees went out on him. Granted he did have a good day against Ratliff, but I don't see those to often.
Share 49ersWebzone