LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 313 users in the forums

The Next Steve DeBerg

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Smith will replace JT before the season starts. JT loves to give the ball to other team.

"Ahhhhhhhh, take the ball and leave me alone!" said JT O'Sullivan in every game he's ever played in the NFL.

One game doesn't make a player. I'm sure Smith threw enough picks to let you know that.
um people i hate to say this, but um Alex Smith should be the guy right now course he isnt but he should, we shouldnt have JTO or shaun hill getting within sniffin distance of the starting QB job, so it shouldn't of even come to this mess that were in, as of now it looks like Mike N and Scott Mc made a huge error with the number pick AARON RODGERS anyone?
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
Didn't Montana replace him when he went to KC, also?

You are correct sir!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Aug 14, 2008 at 6:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
DeBerg was replaced by the following QBs:

1. Joe Montana
2. John Elway
3. Steve Young/Vinnie Testaverde
4. Dave Krieg

Maybe Alex Smith can be as good as Krieg.

Dave Krieg.... u know... I wouldn't be surprised if he is still playing in the league somewhere
  • kodiak49er
  • Info N/A
Smith will replace JT before the season starts. JT loves to give the ball to other team.

"Ahhhhhhhh, take the ball and leave me alone!" said JT O'Sullivan in every game he's ever played in the NFL.

WOW! aug 14th......almost 8 weeks before we learned about the turnover happy fruit bag. you two are genius!
Originally posted by kodiak49er:

WOW! aug 14th......almost 8 weeks before we learned about the turnover happy fruit bag. you two are genius!

Now why does he have to be a fruit bag?
Lmao
Never been one that can relate to these "the next insert old player name here"

Every player is a different person. Every era is a different time & situation. Every story plays out to a different ending.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
JTO will be replaced by someone better

Eventually, yes. Not a soul on this board can argue with that.
jto bites the big one

Acutally DeBerg wa sknown for throwing game deciding INT in teh 4th quarter.

JTO is known for teh game decing fumble/INT anytime in the game.

Oh darn gonna get sacked better get rid of the ball by fumbling, my hand hurts when it gets trapped under the pads.

Maybe next year
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Hmmm............

Drew Brees and Steve Young, two guys considered busts who turned into elite QBs

I would hardly call Drew Brees a bust as he threw for over 3000 yards in his second year.

Unlike Alex Smith, Brees proved he could move the ball.

And so pleased, they felt they needed to draft Rivers
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Hmmm............

I would hardly call Drew Brees a bust as he threw for over 3000 yards in his second year.

two QB's are better than none. they did wait a few years on brees, he finally became a star in his last 2 years in san diego. they were very well compensated for him. thats why we keep alex, nate davis AND draft a QB. if one develops, cool. if more than one develops, trade one.
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Hmmm............

They drafted Eli Manning bro...
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
um people i hate to say this, but um Alex Smith should be the guy right now course he isnt but he should, we shouldnt have JTO or shaun hill getting within sniffin distance of the starting QB job, so it shouldn't of even come to this mess that were in, as of now it looks like Mike N and Scott Mc made a huge error with the number pick AARON RODGERS anyone?

Nolan would have ruined Aaron Rodgers too, and it's possible Smith would have flourished elsewhere....
Share 49ersWebzone