LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 340 users in the forums

What makes Seattle's coaches superior?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just wanted to have an open thread to discuss something that I believe has become quite apparent: the Seattle coaching staff is superior to that of the 49ers. I'm not sure
why but they seem to consistently put their
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Just wanted to have an open thread to discuss something that I believe has become quite apparent: the Seattle coaching staff is superior to that of the 49ers. I'm not sure
why but they seem to consistently put their

NFL TALK
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Post this in nfl talk. It does not belong here.
Oops, sorry!

....seem to consistently put their players in a better position to succeed. Just a few points of emphasis:

Offense: Daryl Bevell can flat out call a game. Maybe it's because Roman and Harbaugh alternate play calling duties, but the offense has no rhythm. The
Niners clearly have more talent at WR and TE, a comparable RB and QB (but edge to Seattle), and a comparable o-line. But the Seattle attack is more fluid and diverse. With lesser pieces and that's all coaching.

Defense: obviously Seattle has the better secondary and SF the better front 7. But Seattle has learned the value of keeping the d-line fresh, constantly rotating players, something Fangio's has gotten better at but is still lacking. And with an older d-line, that's a problem. I hate to nitpick the defense since it's ranked top 3 overall I believe, but it's not a defense that dictates a game or drive. The unit doesn't overwhelm an opponent and they have the talent to do so. Eventually bend but don't break, breaks. And it's always against upper level QBs.

Special teams: obviously Percy Harvin is a game changer, but it's more bothersome seeing Ricardo Lockette performing well as a gunner. The Niners were begging for WR help last year, but Lockette couldn't stick, even on Special Teams. Then be gets to Seattle and he's contributing in both areas. Frustrating.

This wasn't meant to be a rant. Just observational. Obviously Harbaugh and company get a ton of credit for elevating this teams play from 2011 to now, but there are coaching deficiencies that hold this team back. Still plenty of season to learn something new!
Mods: feel free to move this. My bad!
The coaching staffs are comparable. You can't deny our success the last three years.

The grass is always greener on the other side. On the few occasions I've visited Seahawks.net (Seahawks version of the Webzone), I saw countless people complaining about Bevell, saying that he was inconsistent and cost them games.

Look at the Washington game last night: Seattle built a huge lead and then basically didn't do a damn thing offensively in the second half. 3 and out after 3 and out. How many times do we hear about our coaching staff lacking a killer instinct and letting the opponent back in the game? Seattle's staff did just that last night. Washington came back and made a game out of it.

Seattle's staff is the flavor of the week because they're fresh off a Super Bowl. Their staff/FO is great, but so is ours.
HGH
Bevell can run circles around Roman both literally and figuratively

The drive in overtime against the Broncos was a thing of beauty

Seattle looks to put teams away(Niners included) while the Niners prefer field goals and letting the defense bail them out time and time again.

Defensively both teams are well coached

Special teams goes to Seattle who actually has a competent return game
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Oct 8, 2014 at 12:55 AM ]
They have an Elite QB
Seattle coaches maximize talent for each player on the field.

49ers coaches cram square pegs into round holes.

In terms of game planning, I think 49ers coaching staff is a cut above SEA coaching staff.

Game Planning: SF
In-Game Adjustments: Even
Maximizing Talent: SEA
OC: SEA
DC: SF

Player Prep: SF
Player Buy-in: SEA

I have a feeling the bold could be where the rumors are coming from about Jim Harbaugh and how his players think. I could be 100% wrong but I think the players that transition from SF to SEA talk with the SF players and mention how loose Pete Carroll is and how he uses the talents of his players.

I'm sure Lockette and even M. Rob have talked good about the SEA coaching staff to 49ers players.
Originally posted by Joecool:
In terms of game planning, I think 49ers coaching staff is a cut above SEA coaching staff.

Game Planning: SF
In-Game Adjustments: Even
Maximizing Talent: SEA
OC: SEA
DC: SF

Player Prep: SF
Player Buy-in: SEA

I have a feeling the bold could be where the rumors are coming from about Jim Harbaugh and how his players think. I could be 100% wrong but I think the players that transition from SF to SEA talk with the SF players and mention how loose Pete Carroll is and how he uses the talents of his players.

I'm sure Lockette and even M. Rob have talked good about the SEA coaching staff to 49ers players.
...and B.J. Daniels. Seattle is always trying to sign released players from the Niners, especially late in the pre-season to get any information that they can about the Niners' playbook, schemes, audibles, and hand signs. If Kirk Cousins put together a couple more drives at the end of Monday night's game, the Foreskins could have actually beat the Seahawks, which was previously unimaginable. They are not as good as the media would have you believe.
f**k Seattle
I think the niners biggest problem is the OC. I think that with the talent we have on offense the team should be scoring a lot more points specifically in the red zone, and would be a top offense with an upper echelon NFL OC. I think Harbaugh deserves some blame for not replacing Roman already or Baalke for not forcing him to. I mean does anyone think Roman is a top OC in the NFL?

You could bring up a million stats, but the niners have been in the top 5 defenses since Fangio arrived, and appear well coached during the week and during the game. The team has won a lot since 2011 but how many games did they win because the defense carried the team, I remember a lot.
bath salts warps perceptions
Share 49ersWebzone