LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 350 users in the forums

What makes Seattle's coaches superior?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Oops, sorry!

....seem to consistently put their players in a better position to succeed. Just a few points of emphasis:

Offense: Daryl Bevell can flat out call a game. Maybe it's because Roman and Harbaugh alternate play calling duties, but the offense has no rhythm. The
Niners clearly have more talent at WR and TE, a comparable RB and QB (but edge to Seattle), and a comparable o-line. But the Seattle attack is more fluid and diverse. With lesser pieces and that's all coaching.

Defense: obviously Seattle has the better secondary and SF the better front 7. But Seattle has learned the value of keeping the d-line fresh, constantly rotating players, something Fangio's has gotten better at but is still lacking. And with an older d-line, that's a problem. I hate to nitpick the defense since it's ranked top 3 overall I believe, but it's not a defense that dictates a game or drive. The unit doesn't overwhelm an opponent and they have the talent to do so. Eventually bend but don't break, breaks. And it's always against upper level QBs.

Special teams: obviously Percy Harvin is a game changer, but it's more bothersome seeing Ricardo Lockette performing well as a gunner. The Niners were begging for WR help last year, but Lockette couldn't stick, even on Special Teams. Then be gets to Seattle and he's contributing in both areas. Frustrating.

This wasn't meant to be a rant. Just observational. Obviously Harbaugh and company get a ton of credit for elevating this teams play from 2011 to now, but there are coaching deficiencies that hold this team back. Still plenty of season to learn something new!

Seattle has been nothing more than one shot wonder. Superior to who?

they aren't going anywhere this year. They will be just another football team as the year progresses and next year youll forget they ever existed
Sea coaches can go eat s**t and puke on their wives.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

meanwhile the 49ers are getting busted for domestic assault
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

meanwhile the 49ers are getting busted for domestic assault

Puking on the wifey isn't assault. Its fun!
They are not superior.
IS THIS A JOKE??!!! YOU THINK THEY ARE SUPERIOR YOU SEACOCK LOVING MONKEY! GTFO NOW NEVER COME BACK!!! NINERS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by braap49er:
IS THIS A JOKE??!!! YOU THINK THEY ARE SUPERIOR YOU SEACOCK LOVING MONKEY! GTFO NOW NEVER COME BACK!!! NINERS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

This
I don't think that they are superior coaches to what we have in the current staff. Bevell looks like a genius sometimes but look at what he has to work with. The combo of Harvin, Lynch and Wilson make it very easy for the guy to call a game. They have speed, power and brains at exactly the right places and that has to make it easy for them. Just having Wicket makes it easy.

Carroll is an exceptional defensive coach, but I think that success comes from acquiring players that fit the exact system they are running. I would put Fangio at the same level as Carroll on defense, only they have a few DBs that make it very easy to execute.

Our crew is every bit as good as theirs, the Hags and Niners are so alike in their methods that most experts don't mention the Hags without mentioning the Niners. I have seen many analysts talk about SEA/SF as the 2 teams on a different level than the rest. That is because our coaching is just as good. The job that Vic is doing while missing Bowman, Smith and Dorsey is fantastic. It might not look pretty, but it is working.

I think the Hags have good coaching, but they aren't superior to our staff as a whole. I think Fangio is even better and that Roman just needs to simplify things on offense.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by braap49er:

This

Hahaha!!!! EXACTLY!

Mods: do you think you could warn braap49er for that outburst/insult? Seems rather unnecessary and juvenile, no?

Looks like we have a lot of blindly loyal fans here who get riled with any positive mention of the Seahawks. Here's what it boils down to, if the purpose of
Coaching is maximizing your talent and putting your
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Mods: do you think you could warn braap49er for that outburst/insult? Seems rather unnecessary and juvenile, no?

Looks like we have a lot of blindly loyal fans here who get riled with any positive mention of the Seahawks. Here's what it boils down to, if the purpose of
Coaching is maximizing your talent and putting your

Blake_Fever -
Mind you -- and FYI -- I've never done what I'm about to suggest ... therefore, you can take this with
as many "Grains of Salt" as you see fitting.

You might get better results, if you utilise a built-in-feature of these forums. It's located at the bottom
right hand corner of each Zoners entry (in Grey Shade) ... it's is labeled the 'Report Feature'.
dbl pst
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Oct 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM ]
Seattle coaches are more aggressive. That's pretty much it
Personal attacks are not tolerated here. People are entitled to express their reasonably-held opinions in a polite fashion.
Share 49ersWebzone