There are 100 users in the forums

The end of the 12th man

Shop 49ers game tickets
at the end of the day they can call themselves whatever they like. fans are fans and generally act the same. i can tell you from experience that in their 7-9 playoff season in 2010 i went to 2 different regular season games in seattle vs the giants and the cheifs. seattle got smoked in those games, gave up 40+ in both of them and that stadium was half full before the 4th even started. yes they're loud but when they're losing they just like any other fans. they were a 7 win team who won the division, at no point were they ever buried in the standings beyond hope and still the fans couldnt hang around for the 4th qtr.
Originally posted by crabman82:
at the end of the day they can call themselves whatever they like. fans are fans and generally act the same. i can tell you from experience that in their 7-9 playoff season in 2010 i went to 2 different regular season games in seattle vs the giants and the cheifs. seattle got smoked in those games, gave up 40+ in both of them and that stadium was half full before the 4th even started. yes they're loud but when they're losing they just like any other fans. they were a 7 win team who won the division, at no point were they ever buried in the standings beyond hope and still the fans couldnt hang around for the 4th qtr.

They had to prevent out of state fans from attending the NFCC because we were going to fill that b***h up with red and gold and take away their 12th rag advantage.

Pretty sad and chicken s**t really. ZOMG niner fans
[ Edited by Young2Rice on May 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
True, Husky Stadium holds about 3k more - marginal difference (I believe Century Link and Levi's Stadium have similar capacities, right?)
Point was, if HALF the fans didn't disappear in the 4 and 5 win seasons, doesn't seem likely now . . .

I think you might be right. I don't think any professional team has won a title in seattle, then done poorly for the next couple seasons and seen a decrease in its fan-base so much that it ended up leaving the city...

Oh wait...
Originally posted by Quest4six:
True, Husky Stadium holds about 3k more - marginal difference (I believe Century Link and Levi's Stadium have similar capacities, right?)
Point was, if HALF the fans didn't disappear in the 4 and 5 win seasons, doesn't seem likely now . . .

I think you might be right. I don't think any professional team has won a title in seattle, then done poorly for the next couple seasons and seen a decrease in its fan-base so much that it ended up leaving the city...

Oh wait...

is that a sonic dig? they had great fans and a s**tty arena
Originally posted by autopilot:
I this supposed to be an insult? Something like 21 of the top 25 largest stadiums in the country are college stadiums..

^
We created a 12.nut troll guys!

Oh wait...

Not to mention devious ownership and questionable political leadership, at the time.
Apples and Elephants.

Oh wait...

Not to mention devious ownership and questionable political leadership, at the time.
Apples and Elephants.

as a pistons fan living in vancouver i used to come down to key arena to see the pistons on their annual trip to seattle after the grizzlies had left vancouver. the atmosphere was great but the arena was terrible.
Yeah.
Call us anything you want . . .
Just don't call us late to watch the ring ceremony ;-)

You got your ring..so why don't you go away? Now all you're doing is gloating.
[ Edited by Black24Razor on May 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM ]

Sure, they are allowed to call themselves whatever they want. Similarly, I am allowed to criticize. If SF fans ever start calling themselves the Gold Nuggets (or some other form of self-adornment), I can assure you that I won't be a part of it. It is more a function of one's insecurity and need to belong to the group than it is a reflection of one's fandom.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

Sure, they are allowed to call themselves whatever they want. Similarly, I am allowed to criticize. If SF fans ever start calling themselves the Gold Nuggets (or some other form of self-adornment), I can assure you that I won't be a part of it. It is more a function of one's insecurity and need to belong to the group than it is a reflection of one's fandom.

a signifficant portion of the fan base already refers to themselves as the 49er faithful, or just the faithful for short.

a signifficant portion of the fan base already refers to themselves as the 49er faithful, or just the faithful for short.

That's characteristic of every group of fans. It's a descriptor.
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Yeah.

Lisa (and myself) hung around here pretty respectful (her more than me) for the entire season while reading every insult known to man thrown at the Seahawks and their fans (which is us). We don't get to gloat a bit? ;)

That's characteristic of every group of fans. It's a descriptor.

i personally dont care whether someone buys a 49er faithful t-shirt off the official website, or buys 12th man gear off the hawks website. if it helps you associate with the group of fans by doing so, cool. if you dont need to be involved to feel like more of a fan, cool on that aswell. this is only as an issue because they pay texas a&m a little money each yr to use it.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Lisa (and myself) hung around here pretty respectful (her more than me) for the entire season while reading every insult known to man thrown at the Seahawks and their fans (which is us). We don't get to gloat a bit? ;)

Gloat all you want on your own board..the snide comments are getting old..
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Yeah.

You're lucky you're allowed on the board. .Nut doesn't like our kind around there.

I don't mind the moderate gloating at all. It's the nonsensical Seahawk reasoning that drives me nuts. You two manage to avoid that for the most part, so I have no beef.
Share 49ersWebzone