There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Roger Goodell makes $44.2 million in last fiscal year

NFL defends, explains Goodell's $44 million compensation-

Commissioner Roger Goodell made $44.2 million last year. But he didn't actually make $44.2 million.

In actuality, he earned $35.1 million in salary, bonus, and pension compensation for the one-year period (ending March 31, 2013) covered by the Form 1099, filed by all tax-exempt organizations. The compensation also includes a $5 million incentive payment and a $4.1 million pension payment from the year of the work stoppage, which was paid in 2012.

In other words, Goodell's compensation of nearly $30 million in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2012 was $9.1 million too light. It should have been nearly $39 million that year, with only $35.1 million earned the following 12 months.

Which means he actually made roughly $4 million less from one year to the next.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/14/nfl-defends-explains-goodells-44-million-compensation/
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Hookers and blow.

is it suppose to make it funnier by calling the tiger a bear???
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Hookers and blow.

is it suppose to make it funnier by calling the tiger a bear???

I could be mistaken, but I believe the Tiger has friend he acquired the cocaine from that is the Bear.
Originally posted by crabman82:
worth every penny

gtfo
that is absolutely crazy.... i mean WOW.... this cocknose gets that kinda money and we can not have full time refs? WOW...
Only 74 million in two years.............now I feel sooooooo much better!
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 14, 2014 at 7:56 PM ]
Worst commissioner in all sports
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,400 for 24plus25er.
Generational money...
The NFL, if you didn't realize it, exists as a 501 c 6 organization. It's not for profit! In order to have that status, the NFL must be run as a charitable foundation. In 2012, they gave away a meager $2.3 million. Almost all of it–$2.1 million– went to the NFL Hall of Fame.

Goodell made 15 times what the group donated to other charities.

More crazy: Goodell's salary is 1/10th of what the NFL claimed in total assets for 2012– $255 million.

Or even crazier: the NFL only made charitable donations equaling one-one hundredth of their annual income.

Here are the stats: The NFL's most recent Form 990 filed with the IRS ended on March 31, 2012. They claimed revenue of $255 million, up from $240 million in 2011. So, if you were concerned, things are good. The NFL has assets of over $822 million.

Under "grants"– meaning donations to other non profit organizations, the NFL did increase the number from just over $900,000 to $2.3 million. Generous right? However: their total salaries increased by $27 million to a total of over $107 million.

Here's the best part: after all that, thanks to creative thinking, the NFL claims it finished the year in the red with negative $316 million.

What else did they spend money on? Well, for one thing, new office construction cost $36 million. That's thirty six million dollars.

Just to put all this in perspective: going by numbers in Forbes, Goodell would come in at around number 28 of the highest paid CEOs in 2012. He made more than the heads of FedEx, AT&T, Heinz, Ford Motors, Goldman Sachs, as well as Rupert Murdoch.

Remember– they're for profit, not tax free foundations.

And if you're wondering, neither Major League Baseball nor the National Basketball Association is registered as a charity, foundation or trade organization. They each gave up their tax- free status years ago.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/01/21/nfl-commish-makes-29-5-mil-a-year-15-times-more-than-tax-free-org-gives-to-charity-more-than-ceos-of-ford-heinz-fedex
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg1:

At 500 sheets per roll and the average person using 2 rolls a week that only spends a little over $5 mil a year.
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I wish I could make even 10% of that being s**tty at my job too. I kid I kid...not really...

Hell, 1% is still $442K per year...

that's more than the president makes...man
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by jrg1:

At 500 sheets per roll and the average person using 2 rolls a week that only spends a little over $5 mil a year.

That calculation makes me hate my life. lol
So the owners pay him or who? I don't really understand how he deserves anywhere close to that much money. What a f**ked up system. Do the other commissioners make that much as well?
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
So the owners pay him or who? I don't really understand how he deserves anywhere close to that much money. What a f**ked up system. Do the other commissioners make that much as well?

The N.F.L.'s filing next week will also show that Jeff Pash, the league's general counsel, was paid $7.86 million in 2012, while Steve Bornstein, the league's outgoing executive vice president for media, was paid $26.1 million.

Without his one-time deferred bonus and pension payment from 2011, Goodell's compensation was $35.1 million in 2012, about as much compensation as Bud Selig, the commissioner of Major League Baseball, received, said Marc Ganis, a consultant to several N.F.L. teams who is familiar with the compensation figures.

"They believe the N.F.L. is the best-run league and has the brightest future, so they rewarded him based on his results," Ganis said of Goodell, adding, "These numbers put Roger in the same ballpark as Bud."

Selig made $17.5 million in 2006, the last year for which public filings are available. M.L.B. has given up its nonprofit status, and a spokesman for the league declined to comment on Selig's current compensation.

The N.B.A. is not a nonprofit organization, so it does not have public filings. News media outlets have speculated that David Stern, who recently retired as commissioner, was paid as much as $23 million.

Gary Bettman, the N.H.L. commissioner, made $8.3 million in the fiscal year that ended in June 2012. Michael Whan, the commissioner of the L.P.G.A., received $636,000 in 2011.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/15/sports/football/goodell-nfl-commissioner-earned-44-2-million-in-2012.html