LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 450 users in the forums

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 12thfan:
You guys were just as excited about your 2012 draft and Bleacher report strait up gave you A's and B's all the way through that draft. In the last two drafts you have so far seen one player become a starter. Yes Reid made the probowl as an alternate but did he deserve it is the question. We watched the previous two safeties make the probowl as starters and one as an allpro but we all know that was fluff as you guys have pointed out many times. Add in two concussions in his first year and even your one solid pick gives you reason to worry.

Last year you traded up to get in front of us to take the wrong TE. Vance McDonald so far has been a bad pick and it allowed us to move all the way back to the 5th to take the guy we wanted in Luke Willson who had a very good rookie year. John Schneider said after the draft Willson was the one player we wanted to leave the draft with and last year he showed why. So far our 5th round TE is looking like the much better pick over the guy you traded up into the 2nd to get.

Essentially though the draft picks are meaningless until they have proven out. Thinking you leapfrogged any team based on draft picks is what inexperienced fans do. Sorry but if you have been through a few of these you know it is true.

Well, your draft picks and our draft picks clearly will take at least a year (if not more) to develop. Personally, I understand why you chose those draft picks and - as stated many times previously - one teams gold is another's trash. One reason for it is because of differing systems and philosophies.

What I will say is this, for you to repeat, you have to get by the San Franciso 49ers, and same thing with us, to dethrone the reigning Superbowl Champs and win our next Lombardi, we have to first win the division from them. Either way, we are each teams biggest obstacles. Considering your free agent losses and the fact that the superbowl champs have had to draft last before everybody else, and the fact that we had an extra 2nd these past two years - probably the weight of the draft falls to our favor from a numbers point of view. Will the Seadderall SeaChickens repeat? Without the depth you had last year - the answer is no. Will we win the Superbowl? We have to get by Seadderall first. Not an easy thing to do, but more possible now than last year - in my opinion.
[ Edited by Giedi on May 14, 2014 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by 12thfan:
You can evaluate McDonald because Luke Wilson out performed him. He was also replacing a key player in your offense in Walker.

Those shelved players just like Seattle's mean nothing until they prove something. It is like saying my dad is tougher than yours. Until they fight it's just opinion. If zip did have to bet on Ballke vs Schneider I would have to go Schneider and its not really close.

You know '12thfan', you really are nothing but a troll -- just buzzing around here like an annoying mosquito accomplishing nothing but pick pick picking away at another team's fanbase.

'Our 270 yard tight end is better than your 120 yard tight end, thereby proving that our guys draft better!'...

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
It's hilarious that you call us Santa Clara...I'll tell you what...Santa Clara is a better town than Seattle too...as is Oakland, Stockton, Compton, Inglewood...etc.

Well that got out of hand very quickly. I'm not gonna s**t on where people live. I've lived in many places, some with way worse standards of living than others. All of them had their own pros and cons. Seattle (I technically live in Bellevue) is a better fit for me than others. Santa Clara is a pretty place. I have not been to Oakland, Stockton, Compton, Inglewood or have any desire to, but I'm sure they have their own good aspects about them. But for me..I'm pretty happy with Seattle/Bellevue.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Existence:
You know '12thfan', you really are nothing but a troll -- just buzzing around here like an annoying mosquito accomplishing nothing but pick pick picking away at another team's fanbase.

'Our 270 yard tight end is better than your 120 yard tight end, thereby proving that our guys draft better!'...

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

Unfortunately the only way we can shut Seattle Trolls down (To be clear, I am not pointing fingers at any seattle poster who has posted on this thread) is to win and beat their team. We don't see any Ram or Cardinal trolls here because we owned them last year. Man were the Ram trolls annoying back in the early decade around 2002 when they had the **stupidest show on turf.** They would be all over the 49er and Webzone boards rubbing it in when they won, which was a lot, in those days.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
It's hilarious that you call us Santa Clara...I'll tell you what...Santa Clara is a better town than Seattle too...as is Oakland, Stockton, Compton, Inglewood...etc.

Well that got out of hand very quickly. I'm not gonna s**t on where people live. I've lived in many places, some with way worse standards of living than others. All of them had their own pros and cons. Seattle (I technically live in Bellevue) is a better fit for me than others. Santa Clara is a pretty place. I have not been to Oakland, Stockton, Compton, Inglewood or have any desire to, but I'm sure they have their own good aspects about them. But for me..I'm pretty happy with Seattle/Bellevue.

I'll say that the Santa Clara thing is about as offensive / funny / original as the short jokes. Not sure why anyone cares either way, but my QB is 6'4...
The funniest thing about the Santa Clara bit is that they copied it from a radio station, just like they copied the 12th Man concept from A&M. It's an entire fandom of "me-too".
Originally posted by sspiker:
The funniest thing about the Santa Clara bit is that they copied it from a radio station, just like they copied the 12th Man concept from A&M. It's an entire fandom of "me-too".

Yes, KJR is pushing it, and I use it in good fun cause I'm sophomoric, and think it's kinda funny. Here's the logo that's associated with it.

Now Seadderall I think is pretty witty, and I get a kick out of it. However, it is used by a lot of posters on here who didn't come up with it. Does that make them unoriginal or "me-too" as well?

The Sea Hags, Wilson short jokes, Pete the cheat, Douche bag Harbaugh, Kaepernick (insert joke here) comments are all pretty dumb, and I don't really see any humor in them, so I don't get involved. But the Santa Clara thing struck me as funny, mostly because it seems really odd that they built their new stadium an hour away, and it seems to strike a nerve with some (it's all in good fun though).

To the other comments on the city comparisons, I personally agree with you. Seattle blows. But in my mind, so does San Francisco, Santa Clara, Portland, LA, ......... and any other big city along the way. I'm a redneck conservative that does not like any big city. I drive to Seattle to go to the games, and straight back home. I spend as little time in the liberal epicenter as possible! Now the state of Washington on the other hand, I'm crazy about!
Originally posted by maltz88:
Now the state of Washington on the other hand, I'm crazy about!

Of course! You don't have state income tax, and so can keep almost all of your pay check from Cinnabon.
Originally posted by Existence:
Of course! You don't have state income tax, and so can keep almost all of your pay check from Cinnabon.

I actually don't even get a paycheck. I just get to eat all the cinnamon rolls that are over an hour old. It's a pretty sweet deal.
I actually don't even get a paycheck. I just get to eat all the cinnamon rolls that are over an hour old. It's a pretty sweet deal.

Wow, this thread is a pile of crap now. As to the OP and question...yes. Big time!
Yes, KJR is pushing it, and I use it in good fun cause I'm sophomoric, and think it's kinda funny. Here's the logo that's associated with it.

Now Seadderall I think is pretty witty, and I get a kick out of it. However, it is used by a lot of posters on here who didn't come up with it. Does that make them unoriginal or "me-too" as well?

The Sea Hags, Wilson short jokes, Pete the cheat, Douche bag Harbaugh, Kaepernick (insert joke here) comments are all pretty dumb, and I don't really see any humor in them, so I don't get involved. But the Santa Clara thing struck me as funny, mostly because it seems really odd that they built their new stadium an hour away, and it seems to strike a nerve with some (it's all in good fun though).

To the other comments on the city comparisons, I personally agree with you. Seattle blows. But in my mind, so does San Francisco, Santa Clara, Portland, LA, ......... and any other big city along the way. I'm a redneck conservative that does not like any big city. I drive to Seattle to go to the games, and straight back home. I spend as little time in the liberal epicenter as possible! Now the state of Washington on the other hand, I'm crazy about!

the thing is though its not that odd. the jets and giants dont even play in new york. the cowboys dont play in dallas, the bills dont play in buffalo, the redskins play in maryland.
Originally posted by crabman82:
the thing is though its not that odd. the jets and giants dont even play in new york. the cowboys dont play in dallas, the bills dont play in buffalo, the redskins play in maryland.

And "New England" is a region, not a city. Though, I think this just serves as further proof that many 2012's didn't even watch football before last year. Which explains why the whole team-not-playing-in-the-city-it's-named-after thing is foreign to them.

But what makes the "Santa Clara 49ers" rhetoric especially lame is because it comes from the very same city that couldn't hold onto to it's basketball team because city leadership couldn't get their collective heads out of their asses.

Or did you guys think we all forgot?
[ Edited by baltien on May 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

It's certainly not unusual, but it does still seem odd to me.

.....and I'm sorry to continue to steer this thing thread off the tracks, but I'm horribly bored at work today, so I will anyway.

I only speak from my personal perspective. There's been a ton of talk about building a new NBA arena in Seattle to (lord willing) bring a team back to the area. Part of the conversation was building the arena in Bellevue which is like 10 miles maybe from Seattle.

I'd have no issue with that, but my thought is you couldn't call them the Seattle Supersonics at that point, as they're not in Seattle.

I understand the city with the stadium gets all kinds of perks such as local job creation, businesses benefit, taxes, infrastructure improvements if they bargain correctly, but the bottom line is you're housing a team using a different city's name.

To me it would be like if my wife had refused to take my last name. I know....I'm odd. Just my perspective.
Originally posted by baltien:
And "New England" is a region, not a city. Though, I think this just serves as further proof that many 2012's didn't even watch football before last year. Which explains why the whole team-not-playing-in-the-city-it's-named-after thing is foreign to them.

Actually, that's my point exactly. New England is a region, which their team resides in. They changed their name from the Boston Patriots when they moved to Foxborough in the early 70's.......as their stadium wasn't in Boston any longer.
Share 49ersWebzone