LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 504 users in the forums

WR Austin Collie

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just a few points, one expanding on ABs comments re: AJ
If, IF , 8 weeks from now , hypothetically, AJ were still injured, had nicks and dings. and when on the field did not look promising, yes, it would put some egg on the face of Trent/JH. He WAS our 1st rd pick last yr. That said, he was the 30th pick in the draft, just 3 picks away from being a 2nd rd pick. So this is not like moving up 15 slots in the draft to get AJ at #16. True he was a 1st rd pick, but really , really late. Hence, to me he is not much different than a high 2nd rd pick. There is a world of difference between that and say a guy you get with the 10th pick of the draft. So, if he is a miss, then as AB pointed out, unless someone else picks up his entire contract his $$ loss to us is not insubstantial.

cc's comments that our two new WRs may in fact, be just two guys to help us bridge the gap between now and when our other guys get better. Also, as noted, we are a long way from ABs comments and cc's in that there are still some 65 days left to get our WRs healthy, and then let them show us what exactly they have. No need to worry now.
Finally, here are 10 reasons to not be so worried about our WR maladies:
Boldin, Kyle, frank, LMJ, hunter, Vernon, and Vance. Any of these guys (Kyle thru Vance) can be used as first string receivers, whether it be from a WR position , TE slot, or RB slot. Any and all can catch the ball. AND I did not include Patton and Hall, so I am not that concerned at present.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Right out of the gate this becomes Boldin, Williams, Collie, Davis, and that new beast TE who just gets open and catches everything.

Jenkins and perhaps hawkins in the #4. With Davis lined up wide at times.

With Kaepernick having time to throw, and that triple threat rb corps.

You think about it that is pretty explosive.

dont forget chad hall!!!!
Aint no doubt, sorry man missed that one. They P#ss you off and you forget the Bill Ring's of the great Niner history, and Chad Hall could easily continue to surface and fire missiles!

Might be great fun watching him smoke those loudmouthed irrelevant Seahawk fans with a TD.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Don't like the signing. But he's on our team now and I'm rooting for him to do good. Plus, in HarBaalk I trust.

Anyone you would have preferred instead?

Waiting on Riley Cooper to get released.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/kelly-eagles-arent-parting-ways-with-cooper/

"There has never been any question of cutting Riley," Kelly said. "His status with us is not in question."
Gotta cut Jenkins so that Collie can get his #17
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Good signing, and a nice addition to the guys we have. Wont take him long to learn the playbook, and should be up to speed by week one.

Won't take him long to get his head banged around and suffer another concussion either
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Good signing, and a nice addition to the guys we have. Wont take him long to learn the playbook, and should be up to speed by week one.

Won't take him long to get his head banged around and suffer another concussion either

I think he is a slap on the back of the helmet from becoming a vegetable. Goodell should just limit tackles to Collie to two hand touch. He has already done a great job at that already. He can be the Tom Brady of WR's.
Originally posted by mattster03:

That's what they said about Steve Young. Are you really a Niner fan or just a troll. Just asking...

That's what they said about Steve Young. Are you really a Niner fan or just a troll. Just asking...

You joined June 2013. How do I know you're not a bandwagoner? Step aside please, we're talking about Austin Collie... hasnt been a Niner for even 24 hours
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by mattster03:

Haha! easy fix

Originally posted by DRnSFw:

LMAO!!!! I can't stop laughing!!!!

You joined June 2013. How do I know you're not a bandwagoner? Step aside please, we're talking about Austin Collie... hasnt been a Niner for even 24 hours
Sorry didn't mean to be obnoxious. Born and raised in the streets of San Francisco with a Willie Mays Cap and watching Brodie hit both Washington brothers every game. Hacksaw, Nunley, the works.

Think I have just noticed that back then and through the 80's and 90's there was a lott less whining and a lot more support.

Now, and I'm not the only one saying it as we know, it's gotten pretty whiney man.

Would love to see support across. But still, I get you point on Collie.

But hey he isn't the first castoff we took in who might/did do something right?

Montana, 4th round?
What if Collie bleads red and gold because we took him in when no one else would?
Share 49ersWebzone