There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Raiders CEO resigns

• Jcool
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Raiders CEO Amy Trask resigns. Story coming at PFT.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Longtime Raiders exec Amy Trask informed ownership today that she is resigning. She was very close with deceased owner Al Davis

Trask was focused recently on Oakland stadium situation. Owner Mark Davis spoke to several candidates about a team pres job this offseason

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/22227713/longtime-raiders-executive-amy-trask-resigns
[ Edited by Jcool on May 11, 2013 at 3:41 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Raiders CEO Amy Trask, a long-time member of the organization and the only high-level female executive in the league who isn't related to team ownership (other than Dolphins V.P. of football administration Dawn Aponte), has resigned from the organization.

She informed owner Mark Davis of the decision earlier today.

"Having honored a commitment that I made to effectuate a smooth transition and transfer of control, I no longer wish to remain with the organization," Trask said in an email distributed to multiple members of the media.

"For over a quarter of a century, it was my honor and my privilege to work for the Raiders. I will forever appreciate the opportunity afforded me by Al Davis."

The commitment mentioned by Trask presumably refers to a promise made to the late owner of the team, who died in 2011.

Trask always displayed genuine passion for the Raiders and for her work on the team's behalf, zealously defending the fans against accusations of misbehavior and aggressively attempting to help the organization be viewed in a favorable light. Her future plans aren't clear, but the other 31 NFL organizations should immediately consider where she could fit in the current hierarchy — especially the team on the other side of the San Francisco Bay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/11/amy-trask-resigns-from-raiders/
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver

And yes, with mark in charge, this was inevitable... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_oakland_raiders_hue_jackson_mark_davis_011112
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Longtime Raiders exec Amy Trask informed ownership today that she is resigning. She was very close with deceased owner Al Davis

necrophilia.jpg
Finally realized she was working for the Raiders and decided being unemployed was way better than working for the Raiders. Only thing worse is working for the Seacocks.
bowlcut envy
  • kush
  • Veteran
My sources are telling me that, although she waited until now to announce her decision, this has been her plan since the Raiders passed over Marquise Goodwin with the 12th pick in the draft.
Should have been fired.
Didn't matter what her role was, the old man was the owner,team prez, VP, GM, the scouting department and head coach of the Raiders.
This is very odd, she really was proud of her team and position from what it sounded like on the radio ?
Originally posted by Harkonnenzombie:
Finally realized she was working for the Raiders and decided being unemployed was way better than working for the Raiders. Only thing worse is working for the Seacocks.

Nope. Working for the Cowboys is worse. Not only is their owner the new Al Davis, but also, f*ck Dallas.
Jerry Jones is the new Al Davis

Seahawks are the new Raiders
Good. Now she should make me a sandwich
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

If she was CEO of the Raiders, chances are she could buy your mom, sister, aunt and Grandma and have them make you your sandwich.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

If she was CEO of the Raiders, chances are she could buy your mom, sister, aunt and Grandma and have them make you your sandwich.

Or hire you to make a sandwich for her.