There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Atlanta Falcons New Stadium Concepts

A 100 yard bar.
Originally posted by Niners99:
LOL wow. There is NO chance that actually gets built. What else does it do, transform into a robot and give tours of Atlanta? They should just make the roof a giant hovercraft they can remove entirely.

A colossal waste of money for a city who are well known as the worst big market sports fans in America.

The theme of that stadium would be "Ehh, were having some technical difficulties..."

Hilarious. I wouldn't say they're the worst. I live in Tampa. Our games aren't even televised. I attribute that to the sheer number of New York transplants. If the Giants come to town we might sell out our stadium to New Yorkers. They won't be in their seats, but rather lined up to fellate Eli.
Amazing what entry level graphic design students on acid can achieve.....
Amazing what entry level graphic design students on acid can achieve.....
Originally posted by NinerGod:
The Falcons are getting a new stadium and the concept design are f**king crazy, especially the second one. Life is good when the cost of living is so cheap.

Link

uh...is it just me or does it look like a sphincter?
  • Veteran
Thats a lot of work to hang 0 SuperBowl Banners
I got flamed when I said I thought the new 9er stadium was boring and not forward thinking enough.

It will actually get built, so it does have that major advantage. But I think this shows how much more we could have pushed our design and innovation. Not that I want them to go that far... But there's a lot of room between that our new look. A look which will barely look new when it's done will certainly look outdated in the not too far off future.

I expect I'll get flamed again now....
Santa Clara just got Frickr'd
LOL wow. There is NO chance that actually gets built. What else does it do, transform into a robot and give tours of Atlanta? They should just make the roof a giant hovercraft they can remove entirely.

A colossal waste of money for a city who are well known as the worst big market sports fans in America.

The theme of that stadium would be "Ehh, were having some technical difficulties..."

This is soooo true
  • Amir
  • Veteran
updated list:

falcons fan: NinerGod
[ Edited by Amir on May 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM ]
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I got flamed when I said I thought the new 9er stadium was boring and not forward thinking enough.

It will actually get built, so it does have that major advantage. But I think this shows how much more we could have pushed our design and innovation. Not that I want them to go that far... But there's a lot of room between that our new look. A look which will barely look new when it's done will certainly look outdated in the not too far off future.

I expect I'll get flamed again now....

What people don't get is that those stadium are built in Atlanta. Arlington. Glendale.

There is NOTHING ELSE THERE. They are all domes FOR A REASON. The CLINK in Seattle is built that way because of the rain.

The whole point of the Niners new stadium is that its WIDE OPEN...BY DESIGN. The best 2 things the Bay Area has going for it are the weather and Silicon Valley. Thats why the stadium looks the way it does and why it's being built where it is.

So many people want some gothic temple looking thing that is COMPLETELY unnecessary. After a few years they just look ugly as hell and are reflection of their time. They are dated overnight. They look like the old iMacs...you know, the ones that look like Lava Lamps.

Hell...the freakin Georgia Dome was built in 1992!!! Its just over 20 years old!! I remember Deion in '94 referring to it as "my house" when SF went there that year. To put perspective on that, the Niners moved into Candlestick in 1971 and the stadium was initially built in 1960.

The best stadiums in the NFL are SIMPLE.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
If that first design has any issues opening that could be a serious problem.... Just looks dangerous
meh
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1624509-atlanta-falcons-reveal-potential-plans-for-new-stadium?utm_campaign=tsipad&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter.com

That statement is so correct! Can't stand living in a city full of whack fans! People here are only loyal to UGA.