"your college football knowing"

Im guessing you went to an sec school and not stanford

Ahh good one, I'm sure we all write on here as if we're going to be graded
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by hofer36:

We'll wave the grading if you post your SATs and they qualify! Mine would have been very high had I decided to take it...
Lol. Extreme hating is extreme.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by hofer36:

We'll wave the grading if you post your SATs and they qualify! Mine would have been very high had I decided to take it...
I didn't graduate from there. My ties are growing up as a Stanford fan and attending a lot of Football games as a kid watching Walsh and Green.
I didn't graduate from there. My ties are growing up as a Stanford fan and attending a lot of Football games as a kid watching Walsh and Green.

OK...just giving you a hard time. I have been a Stanford fan since before the Walsh years...my brother went there and then a close friend...so it solidified my love of the college...also attended some great concerts there in the sixties and seventies. Game just ended...sad! But...go niners!
Most just need to look at this Alex Smith thing in terms of fantasy football. If KC plays the 49ers and I had Smith on my FF team, I would also want a Niner win plus a good outing by Smith.

It is almost as simple as that.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Most just need to look at this Alex Smith thing in terms of fantasy football. If KC plays the 49ers and I had Smith on my FF team, I would also want a Niner win plus a good outing by Smith.

It is almost as simple as that.

It is indeed. I would never root for Smith over the niners, but if the niners can't get to the Super Bowl then I will root for the Chiefs.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Okay, so we want the Chiefs to lose this weekend so we get the best possible draft pick, right?

In theory, yes, for the overall best benefit to the 49ers, the Chiefs should lose as early as possible. One could argue that it is a marginal benefit at this point...but it is still there.

One could also argue that having a 49ers vs Chiefs Superbowl would be of benefit to the 9ers too... Great story = more money.

In theory? Lol. No, in reality. A better pick, no matter how marginal it seems is a better pick. As fans of the Niners, I believe we ought to hope for the best outcomes for our team.

One could make lots of arguments, but that doesn't make the arguments valid. Are you making these arguments? The Superbowl is always a great story and it captivates a global audience.. I could honestly care less about the revenue it generates, tbph, as any marginal increase in viewership and attention would make no difference to any of us. So far, the only argument for wanting the Chiefs to make the Superbowl at the expense of our draft position, is that we'd have a cakewalk to our sixth championship (as long as we get there too).

Don't get me wrong, if it's the Chiefs playing the Cawks in the Superbowl, f**k the draft position. Go Chiefs.

Wait...what?
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jan 1, 2014 at 9:24 PM ]
  • Jiks
Okay, so we want the Chiefs to lose this weekend so we get the best possible draft pick, right?

In theory, yes, for the overall best benefit to the 49ers, the Chiefs should lose as early as possible. One could argue that it is a marginal benefit at this point...but it is still there.

One could also argue that having a 49ers vs Chiefs Superbowl would be of benefit to the 9ers too... Great story = more money.

In theory? Lol. No, in reality. A better pick, no matter how marginal it seems is a better pick. As fans of the Niners, I believe we ought to hope for the best outcomes for our team.

One could make lots of arguments, but that doesn't make the arguments valid. Are you making these arguments? The Superbowl is always a great story and it captivates a global audience.. I could honestly care less about the revenue it generates, tbph, as any marginal increase in viewership and attention would make no difference to any of us. So far, the only argument for wanting the Chiefs to make the Superbowl at the expense of our draft position, is that we'd have a cakewalk to our sixth championship (as long as we get there too).

Don't get me wrong, if it's the Chiefs playing the Cawks in the Superbowl, f**k the draft position. Go Chiefs.

Wait...what?

Doesn't really make much sense at all now does it?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

says it all.... how sad.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Wait...what?

Doesn't really make much sense at all now does it?

Sure it does. Losing right now would give us the 24th pick in the second round at worst. The 22nd at best. So I want them to lose. If they happened to make it to the Super Bowl they are picking 31st or 32nd depending if they win or lose. If they make it that far and are playing the Hags, I'd rather lose a single slot to not have the Hags win the freaking Superbowl. To me, one pick is not worth Seattle winning it all. Stop trying to poke holes in my logic, Chiefs fans.

lol, I find it funny people are still trying to act like an improved draft position is no big deal. Of course I want the best draft pick possible, so I am rooting for a loss. Alex had a very strong year, so all of us who like the kid still have that to lean on. And of course if it came down to a seahawk chiefs SB, I would root cheifs.

lol at some people trying to say silly stuff.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

says it all.... how sad.

LOL! Naw...I think most (all?) of the anti Smith stuff is guys who just have little to do. I haven't seen Kaepernick bashing so the idea he is being hated is hyperbole. But it's all fun on/in the Z-O-N-E-!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

says it all.... how sad.

I don't know, the extreme love for a team other than the Niners, on a Niners message board seems a bit extreme. I personally don't hate the Chiefs, but I want them to lose to improve our drafting position. However, I still can't wrap my head around being a fan simply because a former player is on their roster. My mind only comprehends rooting for one team. I mean, I'd be happy for Alex to enjoy success, he deserves it, but I don't really care one way or the other.

Simply rooting for a player we like, who just happens to play for another team. I would think someone using the handle "Amp Lee" could understand that.
Being the QB, that makes it a package deal to root for a player and team not being the 49ers.

Personally, I'm not worried about draft position. I have confidence the front office will make the most of all they will have at their disposal come draft day.
Since rooting for this player/team or that doesn't really impact the game played on the field... I don't understand why some of you give a damn.

49ers are tops, Chiefs are second.
For some 49ers are it, and only it. Not a thing wrong with any of it.
It is all football, and we are all 49ers fans.
I don't know, the extreme love for a team other than the Niners, on a Niners message board seems a bit extreme. I personally don't hate the Chiefs, but I want them to lose to improve our drafting position. However, I still can't wrap my head around being a fan simply because a former player is on their roster. My mind only comprehends rooting for one team. I mean, I'd be happy for Alex to enjoy success, he deserves it, but I don't really care one way or the other.

So you post in here frequently because of your dislike of 49ers fans having "extreme love" for the Chiefs? If so, I ask again... why should you or others care? Root for who ya want... Tell me you are a huge fan of golf, synchronized swimming, the Colts, etc... and guess what? no one really cares. I wouldn't challenge you on your preferences or tell you who you can be a fan of... why do you? I am going to be insanely excited to support both the 49ers and Chiefs this weekend... and I refuse to amend my preferences just because a handful on here insist on trying to dictate how I should be.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
CHIEFS HAVE A GREAT SECONDARY. D Johnson is ok.Charles is great,DBowe can be elite,....a very underrated team. They just have to lay off the mistakes and oline needs to step up. I say playoffs.

They have talent, absolutely. Good coaching will go a long way in putting it all together.

These cats made me some money , not jackpot ish but that's gambling.

I don't think they make the SB doe.
Share 49ersWebzone