There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by hofer36:
this chief team looks and plays alot like the 2011 niners though reid likes to throw the ball more

do the chiefs only have 2 run plays--stretch right and stretch left....they could really use a power back to complement charles (peyton hillis got cut, and i know he didnt leave chiefs on good terms...michael turner might be good for 5-10 carries a game)

that cornerback cooper looked real good for chiefs--where did he come from?

the smith critics often overlook the more subtle aspects of his game if you ask me----one thing is he is pretty mobile, and his pocket awareness has improved greatly since he enetered the league---the buying of time before hitting mccluster for 5 yards on 3rd and 5, and another play lynch noted where he made 1 step up in the pocket to find room to throw and complete another 3rd down pass, are a couple examples.........

also his play action...the play fake and pass to the 4th string te was primo

speaking of tight ends, seattle made a mistake dumping mcgrath--he has looked good
sure could have used cooper. proof that our golden front office and coaches are not always on the right side of a player decision

Not sure I agree with this one. They intended on keeping him. Unfortunately the Chiefs had room on their 53 man. We already had Rogers, Brown, Asomugha, Cox, Brock, and eventually Eric Wright. He wasn't making our 53 man roster. I think it's proof that our front office has more talent than the NFL will allow us to have . Get used to seeing talented guys we draft go on and do well for other teams.

i think you can give a roster spot to a prospect like cooper instead of keeping 5 inside linebackers (nate stupar)
titans next on chiefs schedule and locker just went out with an injured hip---could it be when this trade is subject to final evaluation that people will be saying 2 2nds wasnt enought for smith?
I just want them to go 8-8. I want that second round pick but I rather for it to be in the 48 range than 57 range....
man, alex is playing great football.
Originally posted by kray28:
If Alex is that successful with the Chefs ( I know it's still early and they haven't played many great teams), I think that a lot of Niner fans will have some egg on their face.

And I think there will be some second guessing about whether Harbaugh did the right thing too. Already there are some rumblings because Kap is looking less All-World than we all thought he would be.

If he is able to continue to win in the 2011 niners fashion At some point Alex's success will look bad for us . Esp if Kap dosnt pan out
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
If Alex is that successful with the Chefs ( I know it's still early and they haven't played many great teams), I think that a lot of Niner fans will have some egg on their face.

And I think there will be some second guessing about whether Harbaugh did the right thing too. Already there are some rumblings because Kap is looking less All-World than we all thought he would be.

If he is able to continue to win in the 2011 niners fashion At some point Alex's success will look bad for us . Esp if Kap dosnt pan out

Chiefs haven't played many great teams. They haven't played any great teams.

Throws 41 times, gets 288 yards.
Originally posted by hofer36:
i think you can give a roster spot to a prospect like cooper instead of keeping 5 inside linebackers (nate stupar)

This.
Originally posted by Joecool:

gets the win and that's all that matters and what anyone will remember anyway.

last two games Alex leads 9 minute fourth quarter TD dagger drives. Not many stats reveal this... Except bringing a last place team to a 4 n 0 start.

3 tds, impressive 3rd down % conversion, lots of drops, 98 yard td drive---tell the whole story joe
[ Edited by hofer36 on Sep 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM ]
it was impressive how smith hung in the pocket and stepped into the throw knowing he was going to take a hit, on the td pass to bowe
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

gets the win and that's all that matters and what anyone will remember anyway.
Isn't this classic Smith. He never puts up eye popping stats but seems to get the win. Now you can say he has a great defense etc. Smith's play while conservtive helps the D.

Time of possession. Chiefs 33.41 vs 26.19 Niners 29.18 vs 30.42

Not a fantasy stat but one that matters in the game. The defense gets to rest more and is able to make more play vs them wearing out and eventually allowing the opposing team to run the ball at will vs you.

Not turning the ball over, getting key first downs and being able to run the ball all lead to this. We can run the ball but Kaep has to improve in the first two areas. Smith (now he has more experience) is doing well in these areas and thus they are 4-0.

Kaep needs to sometimes take the easy first down so we can continue our drives and understand his great talent can continue to be on the field and generate the big play later. It just seem Kaep wants the big play every time which leads to our offense stalling.
[ Edited by dwett on Sep 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM ]

Joecool's daily planner

• Wake up
  • Not watch NFL analysts
  • Hate on Alex for personal reasons
  • Check Chiefs score and realize they are about to win
  • Get pissed off for reasons we can't figure out
  • Post some anti-Alex crap to make himself feel better
  • Go to bed
Alex Smith is a "good" quarterback. Just about everyone agree with this. However, Matt Schaub is also a "good" quarterback.

"Good" quarterbacks will win you a lot of games in the regular season. Their greatest strength is that you will almost always be in the game, especially if you have a good defense and special teams (which are both super for KC this year).

The problem is, do "good" quarterbacks win Super Bowls? Not often.

Rogers, P Manning, Brees, Brady, and then playmakers like E Manning and Roethlisberger can get it done with amazing pass rush backing them up on defense.

You have to make PLAYS at quarterback. Kap can do that. You have to go with that over consistency. That being said, last year Kap was Superman when it came to consistency. Only this year, he has shown inconsistency.
I love how Alex suddenly has a "super Special Teams, and Defense" now.

I bet not one person said that in the start of this thread. Alex has made a fundamental change to that team, and if you don't see it, you probably haven't been watching any games.