There are 260 users in the forums

Is Jerry Jones the New Al Davis?

Shop 49ers game tickets
These guys seem to get worse every year.
In some ways. Interesting to see what he has done to that franchise.
I thought that title was been given to Titans owner Bud Adams.
yes
lets face it jerry jones is the new jerry jones
Jerry is a whole other kind of stupid.

Al was just senile
I think the parallel is uncanny. He is losing control over the franchise.. losing the brand name... respect...
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
These guys seem to get worse every year.

Good
f him
Originally posted by 16to87:
lets face it jerry jones is the new jerry jones

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Jerry Jones is like Al Davis with out assembling a Hall of Fame career and knowing something about football. Al Davis was one of the most important people in the game he just got desperate for a championship late in life.
I think Al had more passion for his team.. Jerry Jones is more of a business man
He's not senile yet. But Jones is just as stubborn as Al Davis.
Everyone looks at Al in his latter stages when health and lawsuits consumed him. But earlier he was a head coach, GM and owner with a brilliant football mind. His teams could play power football or stretch the field. The loyality his players felt for him is legendary. I once remember Tom Landry in an interview saying if you wanted to see the game played at the highest level to watch the Raiders. Jerry Jones rode the coat tails of Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy was so good that after he left Barry Switzer was able to win a SB with the team he inherited.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I think the parallel is uncanny. He is losing control over the franchise.. losing the brand name... respect...

losing control and respect over the cowboys, YES.

hOWEVER, losing the brand name........the cowboys have the biggest brand recognition in the NFL and it's not being lost.

I say that he's the new Al Davis because he has won three super bowls but hasn't done much sense. HE did, however, open Jerry World. He's a great owner but his football decisions are hindering his team.
Share 49ersWebzone