There are 306 users in the forums

what do yall think of the new proposed rule for running backs

Shop 49ers game tickets
i hate goodell so much

This pansy ball is ridiculous.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This is messed up.....I'm pissed about this. Gooddell will ruin football if they agree on this rule.
Nothing lasts forever, not even the unlimited revenue the NFL generates.
We should just do away with tackling, then no one would get hurt.
These guys are getting millions to play a game. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize bashing your head into things repeatedly for years could shorten your life.

Players know and accept the risks, and get compensated very well for them. Theyve all been bashing heads since they were kids anyways. By the time they get to the NFL theyve probably done considerable damage already.

In baseball, you could get hit in the head by a fastball and die. Its a risk. But, youre paid more in a year than some people make in a lifetime. Part of the game. They seem to get it.

The NFL league office is a bunch of hypocrites anyways. They want player safety, and make dumb rule changes, but then they push for 18 game schedules to make more money.

I swear, the NFL has gotten so cocky with the "number 1 American sport" thing, that theyre getting greedy and careless with the product. They think its ok use unqualified replacement refs, and change rules so QB's cant be touched. In 20 years all contact will be illegal.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Mar 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM ]
It is BS. It's impossible for a running back to run into the line with his head up, chin and throat exposed; imagine. This is the most inane rule yet, it had better not pass because then every back in the NFL will have to learn how to run again, not to mention expose themselves to far greater risk of soft tissue injury..f**kin idiots..
This rule will be dead on arrival. It won't get to 1st base because every run called would be a sweep. Reggie Bush would all of a sudden be a premier back again. When you go through the hole in between the hashes you better lower your head if you think you are gonna get some type of forward progress
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
It is BS. It's impossible for a running back to run into the line with his head up, chin and throat exposed; imagine. This is the most inane rule yet, it had better not pass because then every back in the NFL will have to learn how to run again, not to mention expose themselves to far greater risk of soft tissue injury..f**kin idiots..

Yes, i would rather just back into the LOS rather than run in upright forward facing. Hell, Imma put my back on these moos. LOL!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TDilvr:
This will be the best rule change ever. It's going to prolong RB's careers and cut down on concussions.

I am not sure about that.

I think the rule might lead to a higher number of serious neck injuries.

When a player has to keep his head up, his neck is going to get twisted in very funny ways when he gets hit.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 18, 2013 at 2:14 AM ]
Maybe Nnamdi won't be afraid to tackle anymore after this change

Truly one of the most absurd rule changes ive ever heard in my life. They are trying to get running backs killed lol.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by TDilvr:
This will be the best rule change ever. It's going to prolong RB's careers and cut down on concussions.

I am not sure about that.

I think the rule might lead to a higher number of serious neck injuries.

When a player has to keep his head up, his neck is going to get twisted in very funny ways when he gets hit.

Sarcasm. Sorry you didn't get it.
I think by outside the box they mean once he hits the second level? So they can still hit the gap the same way, but they have to pick their head up once they are out of the backfield. Its kind of silly but in a way I get it. They are trying to even out the penalties the Defense is faceing when a skill player clearly is leading with his head and then drawing a penalty for helmet to helmet or unprotected. What they dont get is all it will result in is horrible calls, inconsistancy and a game changing dumbass penalty at a glaring moment.
It will be interesting to see how it effects Lynch and AP. Both of those guys use their helmets as battering rams.

I don't necessarily like the rule but at least it's something that takes away from the offense instead of the usual rule change to hurt the defense.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This is messed up.....I'm pissed about this. Gooddell will ruin football if they agree on this rule.

It's because Goodell has practically turned the NFL into a political organization moreso than the Natl FOOTBALL League. I get the player safety concerns, but he's gone overboard on it in the face of the "head injury" hysteria in the media. There is a no-joke movement about where the people leading it want nothing less to ban tackle football at all levels, period. I would have laughed at the idea 10 or even 5 years ago. But not now. In a way the NFL is like the tobacco companies, where they are under pressure to essentially put themselves out of business.

Then there's his wet-dream obsession with putting a team in London. I'm all for expanding the brand, but I don't like regular season games over there...but it's all part of their plan to put a team there. And once that happens, they will resume playing footsie with China...hooray, can't wait until the 49ers lose a reg season home game b/c they have to host a game in Beijing.

And of course there's the gay "thing"...the media is in full-frenzy mode of how "terrible" it is there have been no openly-gay players, and oh what a joyous day it will be when there finally is one. They can't just let it happen on its own...no, this is a "cause" and they are hellbent on forcing the issue, and that's why they keep peppering players with the "how would you feel about an openly gay player" question. Hopefully most have learned from Culliver that no differing opinions are allowed, that there is only one acceptable answer.
Share 49ersWebzone