There are 147 users in the forums

what do yall think of the new proposed rule for running backs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Backs cant lower their heads or lead with the crown of their helmets into the defender once they r outside the box
Originally posted by silguero49:
Backs cant lower their heads or lead with the crown of their helmets into the defender once they r outside the box

Just one more step in the NFL's inexplicable desire to ruin the NFL.
Next there gunna make a rule against the stiff arm saying it gives an unfair advantage to the person with the ball.
Just take off the helmets n pads and put on the the belts n flags flag football the future of the nfl
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I think it's lame. I hate the rule, already. So, does that mean they can't dive to get an extra yard?!
That's gonna be a funny flag
This will be the best rule change ever. It's going to prolong RB's careers and cut down on concussions.
[ Edited by TDilvr on Mar 17, 2013 at 8:20 PM ]
Take off all the pads, and let them play tackle...with out pads! Guys won't lead with their heads, and will be much more careful tackling, it would give the offense a great advantage, protect the players, and increase scoring! Most of the pads are meant oddly enough to protect you from the pads!
Stupid as usual..let them play they get paid the millions..at their own risk..if somebody wanted to give me a million+ dollars to play game with a chance of getting hurt I would take it in a heartbeat..
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Mar 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM ]

I hope it doesn't go passed the proposed stage. Players should know what they are in for when they play football.
The NFL needs to just put out an iron clad contract agreement that every player must sign that waives their rights to ever sue them due to injury. Football is a dangerous game, I get the QB being allowed to slide, the helmet to helmet stuff (although it's getting out of control in terms of if it's not the defensive players fault a flag is thrown anyway). but some of these rules are ridiculous and over called, this would be the worst one yet.
Horrid! Good bye NFL...
goddell is ruining football. basketball players will be making fun of football players in a few years
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Take off all the pads, and let them play tackle...with out pads! Guys won't lead with their heads, and will be much more careful tackling, it would give the offense a great advantage, protect the players, and increase scoring! Most of the pads are meant oddly enough to protect you from the pads!

it would make football more boring to watch. taking away big hits is like taking away fights in hockey and crashes in nascar...sport fans love violence, its the sad truth
Share 49ersWebzone