There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL may abandon tuck rule

• Antix
  • Veteran
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9053231/nfl-competition-committee-looking-tuck-rule

So...they make up the rule to begin the Pats dynasty....then they get rid of it once they're on the decline. Conspiracy.
good. s**t is stupid and makes absolutely no sense.
Originally posted by Antix:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9053231/nfl-competition-committee-looking-tuck-rule

So...they make up the rule to begin the Pats dynasty....then they get rid of it once they're on the decline. Conspiracy.

Watch, Kaep and the Niners get screwed by the Non-Tuck Rule.
Three dumbest rules ever:

Force out rule at the boundries. Thank god they got rid of it. I mean, really? They had refs trying to determine whether a player "would have been in bounds"

Tuck rule. So bad. If you have the ball in your hand and drop it, its a fumble.

Forward progress. You aren't down until you are DOWN.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Force out rule at the boundries. Thank god they got rid of it. I mean, really? They had refs trying to determine whether a player "would have been in bounds"

to an extent, but yes, they gotta adjust that rule. If the dude is still pushing forward, trying to gain more yards, he's up and the ball is live. Different story if the guy stops fighting and is pushed back 10 yards. But if he's still fighting, it's on.
New England Patriots. 3X* Superbowl champs.

I'll never give them credit for more than 2. First one doesn't count. Tuck rule is BS. It WAS a fumble.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

to an extent, but yes, they gotta adjust that rule. If the dude is still pushing forward, trying to gain more yards, he's up and the ball is live. Different story if the guy stops fighting and is pushed back 10 yards. But if he's still fighting, it's on.

Why does he get the benefit of fighting for yards but not the detriment of being pushed back or fumbling?

Also, it leaves too much judgment for a ref to make..."Was his momentum stopped and when was it stopped?" In a middle of a play, that is hard to determine with acucracy. Its always debatable.

I feel it is more clear to say you are down or not.

The ball carrier can go down, but if he wants to fight for more yards he takes that small chance of getting blown up.

It balances out the rules a little for the D, who basically are getting raped by goodell.
The NFL is destroying any chance for its survival. They now want to ban running backs from using the crown of their helmets when carrying the football. You might as well get rid of Frank Gore; this league will be two hand touch. Problem is while it is easy to blame Goodell, what is the league suppose to do when they are being sued for billions of dollars from former football players shocked that this sport causes head injuries?
This thread is full of Raider fans
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
The NFL is destroying any chance for its survival. They now want to ban running backs from using the crown of their helmets when carrying the football. You might as well get rid of Frank Gore; this league will be two hand touch. Problem is while it is easy to blame Goodell, what is the league suppose to do when they are being sued for billions of dollars from former football players shocked that this sport causes head injuries?

no it is not, it is simply adjusting to its new target audience, which is massively larger than us real football fans
The way things are going, it will be 2 hand touch on the QB very soon. Dead serious.
Why does he get the benefit of fighting for yards but not the detriment of being pushed back or fumbling?

Also, it leaves too much judgment for a ref to make..."Was his momentum stopped and when was it stopped?" In a middle of a play, that is hard to determine with acucracy. Its always debatable.

The ball carrier can go down, but if he wants to fight for more yards he takes that small chance of getting blown up.

It balances out the rules a little for the D, who basically are getting raped by goodell.
what is to stop a defender from picking up the carrier ans going backwards with him?
Should have never been a rule
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

what is to stop a defender from picking up the carrier ans going backwards with him?

That would be a clear exception. Also when the runner is stood up and he gets pushed back 10 yards.

I tend to agree with this one. There's often times where a player gets pushed back. However, these refs are too quick to blow the whistle at times to signal that they're down.