There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kerry Rhodes released by the Cardinals

Originally posted by Mookster:
I would rather see us pick up a vet FS with good coverage and play recognition skills and draft a SS than the reverse. Rhodes on a 4 year $15 mil deal with $5mil as a signing bonus would work well with our cap and give us some backfield security. Then we can draft A NT and DE and dump some of our picks into next years draft (trade up a round) to keep the flow of high calibre talent for the next few years.

I think the Niners could secure him for 3 years @ $10 million.
I would rather see us pick up a vet FS with good coverage and play recognition skills and draft a SS than the reverse. Rhodes on a 4 year $15 mil deal with $5mil as a signing bonus would work well with our cap and give us some backfield security. Then we can draft A NT and DE and dump some of our picks into next years draft (trade up a round) to keep the flow of high calibre talent for the next few years.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. I really wasn't thrilled with any of the selections available but now that Rhodes has fallen onto the market, there's a viable chance of releasing Whitner, having a rookie starting at strong safety but still having a good veteran presence at the other safety spot, someone who has a lot more left in the tank.

Signing Rhodes will have little- if nothing- to do with Whitner. The Niners will probably have a Safety heavy draft to set up the future @ the position.

This. I really wasn't thrilled with any of the selections available but now that Rhodes has fallen onto the market, there's a viable chance of releasing Whitner, having a rookie starting at strong safety but still having a good veteran presence at the other safety spot, someone who has a lot more left in the tank.

Signing Rhodes will have little- if nothing- to do with Whitner. The Niners will probably have a Safety heavy draft to set up the future @ the position.
I like Rhodes a lot. If they sign Craig Dahl, I am going to puke.
He's old & weak in a weak defense, pass.
Bring him in!!!!!
Originally posted by kronik:

Exactly what the heck are you basing this off of? He's 30 years old, came off a season where he had 70 tackles and 4 interceptions. Was easily the most effective member of Arizona's secondary. Put him on this 49ers defense and there's really no difference between him and Goldson except Rhodes is bigger, slight drop-off in run defense but the trade off is that he's better in coverage.
Originally posted by kronik:

Exactly what the heck are you basing this off of? He's 30 years old, came off a season where he had 70 tackles and 4 interceptions. Was easily the most effective member of Arizona's secondary. Put him on this 49ers defense and there's really no difference between him and Goldson except Rhodes is bigger, slight drop-off in run defense but the trade off is that he's better in coverage.

I seem to remember everyone praising Az's pass defense...
ummm but i thought chris culliver doesnt like gays... Hrmm
Never seen a guy coming off a near Pro-Bowl season get less play than Rhodes, especially with all the teams that are suffering from mediocre to terrible safety play.

http://deadspin.com/is-the-nfl-blacklisting-kerry-rhodes-1300128496?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Free agent safety Kerry Rhodes was more or less outed by Media Takeout during the offseason (the pictures that MTO posted of him with another man appear to have been scrubbed from the site). He still hasn't found a job. This is f**ked up, because Kerry Rhodes is good. In fact, by many metrics, he's very good.

Rhodes picked off four passes last season (two of them came against the Jets, but still!) and was part of the fifth-best pass defense in the NFL. Pro Football Focus had him ranked as the fourth-best safety in all of football in 2012. Apart from the retired Ronde Barber, Rhodes is the only player in PFF's top 30 safeties from 2012 that doesn't currently have a job.

Look at his career stats and you will see that there was no obvious drop-off in the quality of Rhodes's play in 2012 compared to the seven previous seasons. He's been serviceable at worst and Pro Bowl-caliber at best. Nothing about him has changed except for the fact that someone put up a picture of him with his arm around a dude. Rhodes has vehemently denied the gay rumors, and yet the mere suspicion of his gayness seems to have been enough to make him unemployable.

If you watched any of the games from Week 1, you know that there are roughly 50 teams that could use improved safety play. According to Mike Florio, four teams tried out defensive backs this week: the Bucs, Colts, Dolphins and Seahawks. None of them brought in Rhodes.

http://deadspin.com/is-the-nfl-blacklisting-kerry-rhodes-1300128496?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 12, 2013 at 9:35 PM ]
hes gay??
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
it's funny how hard of a time nfl people have dealing with gayness. big whoop...
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
it's funny how hard of a time nfl people have dealing with gayness. big whoop...