There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Delanie Walker, will miss you bro.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We got a lot of good years out of him, but his talent is too obvious now around the league. I am glad he is getting paid. Not surprising at all. I expected him to be gone almost as much as I've expected Goldson to be gone.

We will get a good comp pick for him. His salary is solid at over four million a year, and he will get tons of playing time with the Titans.
i am sorry, but what talent is that?? his blocking i guess,, his route running i guess. he can not be counted on to catch a pass. to me signing like this are made by desperate teams. hope he took the teams jugs machine with him as he will need it,, not that it will help him in my opinion
Originally posted by Ballistic:
good blocker, but more drops than AT&T Wireless

I've had AT&T Wireless for over 5 years and never dropped nearly as many calls as Walker did passes.

The (former) most overrated player on the team is no longer around. Big deal.
6 great years on the niners for a 6th rounder pick
I won't miss his hands.
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
Good luck in Tennessee D-Lay. Money well deserved. Great team player, gonna miss our "joker."
Never forget his 4th down TD winning catch at Detroit. Delanie, you were our chicken and waffles.
Overrated
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
good blocker, but more drops than AT&T Wireless

Always seemed to be the easy ones he missed and the tough ones he hung on to, IMO.

This. ^^ he will be hard to replace though IMO.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We got a lot of good years out of him, but his talent is too obvious now around the league. I am glad he is getting paid. Not surprising at all. I expected him to be gone almost as much as I've expected Goldson to be gone.

We will get a good comp pick for him. His salary is solid at over four million a year, and he will get tons of playing time with the Titans.

Agreed. The other factor is that he has the skills to be a #1 guy in this league and was never going to get there on the 49ers roster. This team will miss him more than most might think as having both Walker and Davis hands down on the line was no direct tip off as to run or pass. Coach Harbaugh would not have had as great a success innovating the run game without the presence of Walker. In fact, I'd argue Delanie Walker has a better feel for where he needs to be on the field than Vernon does, his only real weakness being that is prone to butter fingers disease.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Mar 13, 2013 at 6:55 AM ]
Good job on your blocking assignments, won't miss your bad hands and occasional fumbles.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
we will miss your drop passes.

GTFO
Between Walker and Goldson...12.61 mil. per year to hold on to them.

Yeah I am ok with letting those boys mosey off into the sunset at that price.
Originally posted by SmileyJetson:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Guess he doesn't want to win a superbowl. Good luck watching your former team in the playoffs.

We can't keep everyone, it doesn't have to be personal.

I hear ya. Good luck to him thought it would be nice to keep him around but wat ever.
Good blocker..our best ST player..gonna miss D-lay
cant blame our free agents.....they got paid!