There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Looking like Carson Palmer on his way out of Oakland

It will be interesting to see where he lands. I think he becomes BPA at the position for immediate help (though obviously won't be viewed as a "long-term" solution), compared to this year's draft class and trade/FA options like Foles, Flynn, Mallett, Moore, and Campbell.
[ Edited by LieutKaffee on Mar 12, 2013 at 1:37 AM ]
So Pryor will be rushed into the starting role? Geno Smith?

Oakland gonna Oak
Originally posted by YungAce:
So Pryor will be rushed into the starting role? Geno Smith?

Oakland gonna Oak

At least one scout who seems to know his stuff (Matt Miller, @nfldraftscout) has been insisting for weeks Oakland is in love with Geno Smith. The Carson Palmer leaving town train seems to have just heated up in the last day or so; apparently he won't restructure for them. It all adds up for Geno Smith, but there has been buzz about Pryor as well.

But yeah I'm not interested in the story from Oakland's perspective. They are hopeless, lol. I just think it adds intrigue to the QB market.
If the Cardinals thing happens, I wouldn't go as far as to say they "scare" me, but I would say the NFC West would no longer have any doormats. I think it would have two elite teams and two middling teams and we could easily go 3-3 against them. So I hope he doesn't land there.

For AZ, don't just think of the abstract difference between Palmer and Skelton/Lindley (average vs. league-worst). Also add in the fact that it instantly converts Larry Fitzgerald from a non-factor to a top 10 WR again. And Michael Floyd is in his second season. And they'll be taking their running game in a different direction (built around Ryan Williams and Reggie Bush) and adding to an above-average defense.

Not what we need when the Rams already give us trouble.
They can't really do that much worse, Carson Palmer is hot garbage at this point in his career.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They can't really do that much worse, Carson Palmer is hot garbage at this point in his career.

Yep, and he'd be a significant upgrade.

Is he? 61%, 4,000 yards, 7+ ypa, 22/14 TD/int, 85 rating. All on a garbage team, which makes me inclined to excuse his 44 QBR.

a team with no running game.

22tds 14Ints 4000yards and an 85 QB rating is "hot garbage"?

Wow. He makes too much money but he's still a pretty decent QB.

Palmer was down early and often and had to throw more than he should have. There were some games where he made some downright stupid passes, but he was better than a lot of people say.
[ Edited by InHarbsWeTrust on Mar 12, 2013 at 5:43 AM ]
Palmer was the only FA QB I've wanted in the past 6-7 years. I'm sure Oakland had A LOT to do with his lack of success. I wouldn't put it all on Palmer.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Palmer was the only FA QB I've wanted in the past 6-7 years. I'm sure Oakland had A LOT to do with his lack of success. I wouldn't put it all on Palmer.

co-signed
Originally posted by YungAce:
Oakland gonna Oak

LOL
Arizona has absolutley NO running game, a terrible Oline, and Palmer is no Warner.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Is he? 61%, 4,000 yards, 7+ ypa, 22/14 TD/int, 85 rating. All on a garbage team, which makes me inclined to excuse his 44 QBR.

This is why it helps to look beyond the stats. Palmer was a garbage-time stat-stuffer deluxe, when the games actually mattered, he was beyond awful. But when the Raiders were down 15-20 points, he was chucking the ball all over the place. I think his QBR was literally about 50% less when the game was within 5 points.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

It couldn't be that he's older, injury prone, decrepit................He hasn't been a good quarterback in awhile now. I think people are seeing more of what he USED to be rather than what he is now, and that's a turnover-prone chucker.