There are 358 users in the forums

Richard Sherman vs. Skip Bayless

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 5280High:
What are you talking about? He scored a 990 on his SATs as a simple search of his high school profile on scout.com will tell you.

You have no credibility and are blinded by the nuts you are so adamantly hugging. Sherman is a douche, its not debatable. Glad he is charitable... it just makes him a charitable douche bag.

how am i hanging on his nuts? because i'm saying he's not a thug? he's not.. a douche, loud mouth, jerk? that's all fine, but he's not a thug.. you guys take to much stock in this crap, annoying yes, but it's all an act..
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol, sherman took it all personal. "i'm better than you at life." Might as well have said, "Your mom." Butt hurt idiot.

I can see why he said that. The jobs of people in position like Skip is mostly about opinion and Skip, a lot of times, talks out of ass overlooking statistics while slipping in a lot of his opinion. Sherman was simply doing the same which was why he clearly said the stats and game tape speak for themselves and made a point that what he was saying was strictly between him and Skip.

You may not like his style but Sherman is a damn good player and knows how to rattle people without getting rattled himself as he displayed when he was struck after a game but did not retaliate.

Would love to have Sherman on the 49ers. Dude would ball out. As for Deon Sanders, he waived the finger a lot after an incompletion his way.

I think a lot of us are misinterpreting extreme verbal gamesmanship with acting like a "thug." Not once did he appear rattled by Skip or does he take cheapshots at players. He does his job and will talk hella s**t if a player talks s**t to him. Ask Tom Brady. LOL!
Originally posted by hawker84:
where did you get your numbers from .. according to our local radio host , they stated he scored a 1600 hundred.. so it they're incorrect i apologize was just going off them. not the first time i've been corrected sure it won't be the last. wasn't going to take the time to look up someones SAT scores.

Scout.com's official highschool profile... Sorry to hear you were deceived by such a reputable source as a radio host.
You have to be a real a$$Hol3 to make you root for skip in an argument. I can admit he has put up some numbers but your only going into your third year. Hot to put up those kind of seasons at leasy two more years before you can run your mouth like that.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Why is his SAT score even relevant?
personally i don't think there's ever a time to run your mouth like that, just play ball. then again i'm and old school fan... i have the up most respect for players like Fitz, AP, Gore, Gonzales.. players that have played at a top level for years and remain humble and respectful.. you don't see them jaw jackin on the field much, you don't see them spinning the ball after every play, and you certainly don't see them spouting off to the media every chance they get.. just rubs me the wrong way..

having said that.. Love that Sherman is a Seahawk, i really hope the team will sit him down for a little chat, because this is about team, not individuals, especially in that locker room..
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
well i guess that would depend on your definition of a thug... i would say he's acting like a pompous a**, but unless he's out there gangbanging and shooting at people, i wouldn't catagorize him as a thug..

This.

Richard Sherman is not a thug.

He is inarticulate and egotistical, but to call him a thug is just offensive. That word is thrown around far too casually, particularly when describing black athletes.....and particularly when describing black athletes with tattoos and/or dreadlocks.
that was diffrent....

skip is an ass...but this guy takes the cake...

For somebody that claims to be intellegent...that was painful to watch..you could almost watch the thoughts slowly come to him as he was speaking....

s**t...it will take this guy half an hour to to greet somebody when he is skips age...
LOL ,
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM ]
Again, he's a communications major and has absolutely no communicating skills.

This guy was probably those "tough asses" in high school who talk backed to their teachers and only worked hard enough to get a scholarship. Stanford should be embarrassed he is an alumni.
Well Revis is a known name. Based on his play. Richard Sherman is good but not known like that. Anyone who knows football well enough understand a good cornerback is never judged based on interceptions. But on yards against,catches against, td's allowed. Revis doesnt have as many interceptions cause no one dares throw his way. I hope Boldin stiff arms this fool every play next year.
Originally posted by lordsilva25:
Well Revis is a known name. Based on his play. Richard Sherman is good but not known like that. Anyone who knows football well enough understand a good cornerback is never judged based on interceptions. But on yards against,catches against, td's allowed. Revis doesnt have as many interceptions cause no one dares throw his way. I hope Boldin stiff arms this fool every play next year.

this .. good post.. Sherman complained to Norton in the Redskins game that he can't be effective because they're not throwing to his side... Norton replied you don't think cuttting the field in half is not being effective? Great corners take away recievers, Deon, Green, Revis, Bailey..... NO i don't think Sherman has earned the right to be mentioned with those guys yet.. just pointing that out.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM ]
Originally posted by lordsilva25:

this .. good post.. Sherman complained to Norton in the Redskins game that he can't be effective because they're not throwing to his side... Norton replied you don't think cuttting the field in half is not being effective? Great corners take away recievers, Deon, Green, Revis, Bailey..... NO i don't think Sherman has earned the right to be mentioned with those guys yet.. just pointing that out.

He hasn't earned the right, but that doesn't mean dude can't play or isn't playing at that level.
had skip and Shannon on the background earlier.

I had to turn it down because of all the yelling.

They're about to throw hands.

Share 49ersWebzone