SS WHITNEY
FS CULLIVER

BOOK IT

Wtf is Whitney?

Think he went to school with Gire.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
a lot of times a player's success depends on the teams scheme. Nnamdi is lockdown man-2-man, he'd be a great addition but I want the 49ers to stick with their identity. I WANT PHYSICAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!

I would rather have players who can cover

You can teach a player to cover. You can not teach them to be physical. That is either in them or it isn't

If you could teach a player to cover, wouldn't you think more CBs would be able to do it?
Asso has made major mullah over the years.

Tampa Bay has lots of cap room - hard to say he wants a ring more than $$ But we'll find out soon
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
CB #1 ASOMUGHA
CB #2 ROGERS
CB#3 BROWN
SS WHITNEY
FS CULLIVER

BOOK IT

Whitney Houston
In relation to SS Whitney, I think rather ilikecows was referring to getting Mt. Whitney as a strong safety. Given that at 14,505 ft. it would be approximately equivalent to 2,486 of our current safety starter, I don't think that's a bad idea. Of course, I may be wrong and he may have referring instead to the SS Whitney, a steamship of which the only information I could find that it sailed from Havana to New Orleans in 1891. In any case, I think either one would be a perfect SS as I doubt any opposing team could find the endzone.
No
Originally posted by ColdFan:
In relation to SS Whitney, I think rather ilikecows was referring to getting Mt. Whitney as a strong safety. Given that at 14,505 ft. it would be approximately equivalent to 2,486 of our current safety starter, I don't think that's a bad idea. Of course, I may be wrong and he may have referring instead to the SS Whitney, a steamship of which the only information I could find that it sailed from Havana to New Orleans in 1891. In any case, I think either one would be a perfect SS as I doubt any opposing team could find the endzone.

You didn't mention the Whitney that used to play for Houston?
Who has enough $$$$ to sign him?

So far, he's made a small fortune and will probably want more.

my sources tell me Mt. Whitney ran it's 40 in just under 3658 years. dude is slow.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Asso has made major mullah over the years.

Tampa Bay has lots of cap room - hard to say he wants a ring more than $$ But we'll find out soon

Tampa Bay I think is in the best position to get Revis. Should that happen, I wouldn't be mad if we took a look at Aso.

Anyone but Sean Smith.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Who has enough $$$$ to sign him?

So far, he's made a small fortune and will probably want more.

He's coming off two bad seasons in Philly. No leverage to negotiate for more money.
Expected to be released today. SIGN HIM b***hES
Adam Shafter just said he will be released and become a FA (on ESPN - no link)
If he's willing to be reasonable, maybe sign a short 2 year deal to show people that he is back to being the CB he once was regarded as, I think it'd be worth it for the 49ers to take a shot at him. Dude's made his ducat's, maybe he's willing to play ball. In anycase, after his last 2 putrid seasons, he has significantly less leverage than he once may have.