LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Nnamdi Asomugha

Shop 49ers game tickets
Compared to Revis, he's not close. But compared with the CBs we have now, Nnamdi is Darrell Revis.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Mar 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM ]
Originally posted by sacguy08:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I would rather have Revis. He takes half the field away. Of course you're going to have to pay for him, but isn't CB the highest paid position after QB?

I heard it was Punter
The Gatorade guy is up there too somewhere.

Long Snapper, duh
I would rather have Revis. He takes half the field away. Of course you're going to have to pay for him, but isn't CB the highest paid position after QB?

Left tackle. Or in the 49ers case, both middle linebackers.

Have you never watched Nnamdi in Oakland? No QB threw his way, none.
Man coverage + Nnamdi = half the field taken away with ease.

Revis is elite, but Nnamdi is unstoppable.
Just terribly misused in Philly
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
a lot of times a player's success depends on the teams scheme. Nnamdi is lockdown man-2-man, he'd be a great addition but I want the 49ers to stick with their identity. I WANT PHYSICAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!

I would rather have players who can cover

You can teach a player to cover. You can not teach them to be physical. That is either in them or it isn't
you can have all the physical corners you want. i would rather have a corner that rarely has to be physical.
CB #1 ASOMUGHA
CB #2 ROGERS
CB#3 BROWN
SS WHITNEY
FS CULLIVER

BOOK IT
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
CB #1 ASOMUGHA
CB #2 ROGERS
CB#3 BROWN
SS WHITNEY
FS CULLIVER

BOOK IT

Wtf is Whitney?
Originally posted by TJA85:
Wtf is Whitney?

LOL
CB #1 ASOMUGHA
CB #2 ROGERS
CB#3 BROWN
SS WHITNEY
FS CULLIVER

BOOK IT
I like that secondary, just put Whitner in instead of Whitney and we'll be fine.
CB #1 ASOMUGHA
CB #2 ROGERS
CB#3 BROWN
SS WHITNEY
FS CULLIVER

BOOK IT

Maybe instead of Rogers we draft Xavier Rhodes. Wow that would be impressive!

Thats actually pretty good...It would push Corner and Saftey down the draft a little bit and give you the chance to draft guys who are a year or two away from starting, but with elite physical talent. Allowing us to focus on D-line and WR early where we also need day one starters. Keeps Brown in the slot where he is less likely to lose the hieght game, Cully would have really strong cover skills for a safety which helps because we wont have elite speed at the edges or strong coverage skills at SS. Wont have elite speed or fantastic ball skills...but man they would be really solid in coverage, still good in run support, and in good position to bridge the gap to the future with many players only a year or two left in their deals.
Sorry but this guy is on the wrong side of 30. I say we go after Sean Smith and get ourselves a young, big, physical DB that can match up with the likes of Julio Jones and company. I know he'll be on the top of everyone's wishlist but I say pay him!!
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
a lot of times a player's success depends on the teams scheme. Nnamdi is lockdown man-2-man, he'd be a great addition but I want the 49ers to stick with their identity. I WANT PHYSICAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!

I would rather have players who can cover

You can teach a player to cover. You can not teach them to be physical. That is either in them or it isn't

How's that working for our DBs?

Flacco roasted us

He roasted Culliver. Culliver usually plays alot better than he did. The thing that makes our secondary good is their foot work. They are very rarely out of place. Look back to the NFC Championship game. Aside from a perfectly thrown ball for the TD. He was only getting open on Brown when he would push off. When they 9ers switched to a zone coverage. Any QB will pick that apart if your dline isnt getting home. So again one guy in our secondary isn't going to make a difference if you have a weak link. That is dline now. Take out Dline play when they were fresh in the beginning of the season.You could stick Mike Rumph,Darnell Walker or Mark Mcmillan in our secondary and we win that game.
CB #1 ASOMUGHA
CB #2 ROGERS
CB#3 BROWN
SS WHITNEY
FS CULLIVER

BOOK IT

Wtf is Whitney?

CB #1 ASOMUGHA