There are 486 users in the forums
Nnamdi Asomugha
Mar 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,718
this u?
Mar 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM
- robniner
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,547
Bust
Mar 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
- 49erRider
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,508
Originally posted by 49Hounds:If cut (as predicted), would we be interested in bringing him in for a visit? With all the Revis talk, Nnamdi could fulfill that same need but without losing draft picks.
Nnamdi would fill the need, but Revis > Nnamdi. While we wouldn't lose draft picks, we wouldn't be getting the NFL's best cover man.
Anyway, I hate to be one of these guys that say "if the price is right" because that's what every internet GM on here says, but in this case I'd have to agree. I'd he's willing to come cheap, I'd like to have him, but after his failure of a tenure in Philly, I seriously wouldn't want the team to pay him much. Maybe it was just the scheme in Philly. If he can return to form, he'd be a major steal.
Mar 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM
- ivanm05
- Veteran
- Posts: 666
I really do like the idea of getting Nnamdi over Revis, especially if we resign Goldson. For one: he wont cost us any picks. Two: it wouldn't just be a one year rental. and Three: i really think that if you just let him go man to man versus playing zone, he'll look a lot more like the Nnamdi the Raiders had. things were just a mess in Philly.
Mar 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM
- dyNASTYmode
- Veteran
- Posts: 133
a lot of times a player's success depends on the teams scheme. Nnamdi is lockdown man-2-man, he'd be a great addition but I want the 49ers to stick with their identity. I WANT PHYSICAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!
Mar 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM
- MarkD
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,611
Nope. Do not want a guy that cannot tackle.
Mar 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM
- ninersrule4
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,606
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:a lot of times a player's success depends on the teams scheme. Nnamdi is lockdown man-2-man, he'd be a great addition but I want the 49ers to stick with their identity. I WANT PHYSICAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!
I would rather have players who can cover
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM
- sacguy08
- Veteran
- Posts: 85
I would rather have Revis. He takes half the field away. Of course you're going to have to pay for him, but isn't CB the highest paid position after QB?
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM
- MarkD
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,611
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
a lot of times a player's success depends on the teams scheme. Nnamdi is lockdown man-2-man, he'd be a great addition but I want the 49ers to stick with their identity. I WANT PHYSICAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!
I would rather have players who can cover
You can teach a player to cover. You can not teach them to be physical. That is either in them or it isn't
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
Originally posted by sacguy08:
I would rather have Revis. He takes half the field away. Of course you're going to have to pay for him, but isn't CB the highest paid position after QB?
I heard it was Punter
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM
- gold49digger
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,720
yes they played a lot of zone philly and he isnt good at that. let him play man to man and he will shut down
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM
- sacguy08
- Veteran
- Posts: 85
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:The Gatorade guy is up there too somewhere.
Originally posted by sacguy08:
I would rather have Revis. He takes half the field away. Of course you're going to have to pay for him, but isn't CB the highest paid position after QB?
I heard it was Punter
Mar 6, 2013 at 7:05 PM
- sfninerfanMax
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,725
NO
Mar 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM
- ninersrule4
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,606
Originally posted by MarkD:Originally posted by ninersrule4:Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:a lot of times a player's success depends on the teams scheme. Nnamdi is lockdown man-2-man, he'd be a great addition but I want the 49ers to stick with their identity. I WANT PHYSICAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!
I would rather have players who can cover
You can teach a player to cover. You can not teach them to be physical. That is either in them or it isn't
How's that working for our DBs?
Flacco roasted us