LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Safety Glover Quinn

Shop 49ers game tickets
is a player I'd really like Baalke to take a look at this offseason. Quinn does well in run support but really excels in pass coverage. I don't know what he's looking for as far as a contract is concerned but he'd be a major upgrade in pass coverage.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
is a player I'd really like Baalke to take a look at this offseason. Quinn does well in run support but really excels in pass coverage. I don't know what he's looking for as far as a contract is concerned but he'd be a major upgrade in pass coverage.

It would really be funny if we sign a lesser known safety to a modest contract and they made the pro-bowl and/or were voted All-Pro in 2013.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It would really be funny if we sign a lesser known safety to a modest contract and they made the pro-bowl and/or were voted All-Pro in 2013.

That tends to happen on good teams, they find players that fit their system and excel, when they decide they are worth too much, the team lets them go, finds someone who pretty much plays just as well for less money.
I've mentioned before he'd be a vey good pick-up.

What I don't know is how much $$ he'll be looking for.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Well, Houston is possibly considering putting the franchise tag on him and the Jets are highly interested, so my guess is....not cheap, not much of a discount from Goldson, if any.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Well, Houston is possibly considering putting the franchise tag on him and the Jets are highly interested, so my guess is....not cheap, not much of a discount from Goldson, if any.

Isn't he 27? Man' that's prime playing years for a Safety. I can't imagine he'd be cheap, but I wonder how many teams are poised to offer large contracts this offseason. I guess he could always go to the Browns.
He was mentioned on NFL network as one of three under the radar free agents this offseason that could excel. He's a bit small and won't lay those fearless hits that Goldson did but he is better at coverage and he is somewhat one of those cornerback/saftey hybrids that teams are loooking for these days. I'd be okay with him
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That tends to happen on good teams, they find players that fit their system and excel, when they decide they are worth too much, the team lets them go, finds someone who pretty much plays just as well for less money.

Basically. It wouldn't shock me either. Especially if we get our pass rush to where it was in 2011.
Has not been tagged by the Texans. But will probably be too expensive for us anyway.
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
Has not been tagged by the Texans. But will probably be too expensive for us anyway.

true

Tony Parrish.

He's my first choice if we don't re-sign Goldson. Wouldn't pay more than 5-6 mil/year for him though. If he gets the real big bucks I'd like to see us turn our attention towards Woodson. What he lacks in speed and youth he makes up for in savy and instincts.
Absolutely! Quin is a former CB who's a rising star at SS. Not sure if he could excel at FS, but even if not, he's the guy to replace Whitner, at the least. We all know Donte gave up the most TD's of any SS in the league. He's in the final year of his contract...so, enter Mr Quin. Sign him, cut Whitner and realize $4M in cap savings. It's a win-win!
Share 49ersWebzone